JP Losman impresses scouts at Clemson Pro day

Just now, Freddie's Dead said:

Not according to Troy Vincent...

Maybe not - my experience, like I said, was limited and anecdotal. Also: I wouldn't trust I a thing Troy Vincent says or has said. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, JoPar_v2 said:

Maybe not - my experience, like I said, was limited and anecdotal. Also: I wouldn't trust I a thing Troy Vincent says or has said. 

I was referring to when Troy Vincent deliberately hit JP during a practice when JP was a rookie.  Broke JP's leg, and afterward Vincent said he needed to hit him to take him down a peg and teach the cocky rook a lesson.  I thought at the time it was a chickenbleep move, and I agree with you, Troy Vincent is a dick.  Don't you want your rookie QB to have some swagger?  

Edited by Freddie's Dead
  • Like (+1) 4

19 minutes ago, Freddie's Dead said:

I was referring to when Troy Vincent deliberately hit JP during a practice when JP was a rookie.  Broke JP's leg, and afterward Vincent said he needed to hit him to take him down a peg and teach the cocky rook a lesson.  I thought at the time it was a chickenbleep move, and I agree with you, Troy Vincent is a dick.  Don't you want your rookie QB to have some swagger?  

oh god sorry I totally forgot about that! thanks!

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, VW82 said:

I know this a dumb take but I could never get behind the idea of someone with the name Losman becoming a man of wins. He was always destined to lose as far as I was concerned.

I’d add qb who have initials for a first name.  Erik Manuel and John Losman probably have better careers. 

• Like (+1) 1

...in all seriousness, good to see the kid doing something within the game despite his Bflo trials and tribulations.....what the hell is there to hate?.....was Jordan Palmer a prolific NFL QB?...obviously NOPE....yet he has become a qualified and respected QB teacher.........think I read he "knows" our Josh......

• Like (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...in all seriousness, good to see the kid doing something within the game despite his Bflo trials and tribulations.....what the hell is there to hate?.....was Jordan Palmer a prolific NFL QB?...obviously NOPE....yet he has become a qualified and respected QB teacher.........think I read he "knows" our Josh......

Exactly.  I wonder if he'll change his mind.  He has nothing to lose.  My guesses are Raiders, Dolphins, Giants or Ravens. All need backups.

1 minute ago, jlgarsh said:

Exactly.  I wonder if he'll change his mind.  He has nothing to lose.  My guesses are Raiders, Dolphins, Giants or Ravens. All need backups.

Best bet is for him to sign late in preseason games when a QB is cut/injured.  He'd make a good scout team QB.

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, jlgarsh said:

...doubtful...probably comfortable doing what he's doing.....as is Palmer being a sought after teacher versus the rigors of being a QB Coach......success to both IMO..:thumbsup:

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy
  • Like (+1) 1

Why not? Sometimes things click after sitting back and studying the game (happened to Allen last year). 

Actually, I felt that he had promise. His 2006 season second half was very decent and then the 2007 season was derailed by a dirty hit by Vince Wilfork. He kinda lost his starting job to Edwards because of injury. Even when he spelled Captain Checkdown Edwards, he was quite decent. He may have been the last Bills QB to throw for 300 yards in multiple games.

5 minutes ago, IgotBILLStopay said:

Why not? Sometimes things click after sitting back and studying the game (happened to Allen last year). 

Actually, I felt that he had promise. His 2006 season second half was very decent and then the 2007 season was derailed by a dirty hit by Vince Wilfork. He kinda lost his starting job to Edwards because of injury. Even when he spelled Captain Checkdown Edwards, he was quite decent. He may have been the last Bills QB to throw for 300 yards in multiple games.

Who was the journeyman quarterback still in the league today that followed Edwards as starter?

• Like (+1) 1