JP Losman impresses scouts at Clemson Pro day

I was there for opening day 2005, JP's first start and we absolutely destroyed the Texans.  The defense was teeing off on Carr the entire game.  The Ralph was rocking.  Beautiful, sunny Fall day in Orchard Park.  He ran off the field to chants of  "JP! JP! JP!"

It was all down hill from there...

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, End The Drought said:

I think some NFL team official was kidding around & Schefter was the only person in attendance to take it seriously.  If you think about it, many of Schefter's recent missteps could be explained by an inability to detect wit or sarcasm, as in "Tyree Jackson has a stronger arm than Josh Allen? Yeah, right."  

Pretty sad to witness the decline of a once reliable source.  

7 hours ago, Amaru523 said:

Deja Vu.

I'll never forget our DB's in training camp talking about how Losman was "shredding" the defense during camp. Got me excited about our chances..........?

For me, it was popping in NFL2K5 and unleashing Losman on the Patriots.  On the first offensive play, Losman juked Wilfork and Bruschi (among others) for a 40 yard gain. Watching #7 race down the field, I thought we might have found our own Elway.

But then...

5 hours ago, Freddie's Dead said:

Not according to Troy Vincent...

A total dirtbag move, and I can't believe he became President of the NFLPA.  

Edited by Buffalo86
  • Like (+1) 2

I vividly remember the play at 6:57 in the video below. I remember that whole game, actually. Two 83-yard bomb TDs to #83 that day. And then the Bills drove down the field at the end with time winding down, needing a touchdown to win. With the clock under 20 seconds and the Bills out of timeouts, Losman threw that absolute LASER across the middle to Peerless Price 2.0, whose toe-dragging TD reception on that play was the last great play of his career. No matter what we all say about Losman now, that is still one of the best throws I can ever remember seeing in a clutch moment for the Bills.

6 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Edited by Logic

9 minutes ago, Logic said:

I vividly remember the play at 6:57 in the video below. I remember that whole game, actually. Two 83-yard bomb TDs to #83 that day. And then the Bills drove down the field at the end with time winding down, needing a touchdown to win. With the clock under 20 seconds and the Bills out of timeouts, Losman threw that absolute LASER across the middle to Peerless Price 2.0, whose toe-dragging TD reception on that play was the last great play of his career. No matter what we all say about Losman now, that is still one of the best throws I can ever remember seeing in a clutch moment for the Bills.

Yup I remember that game too, those bombs and that Price throw were amazing.  Funny, if you watch this video you would think Losman had a pretty good career, he made some great throws and had a ton of arm talent.  I actually thought his highlight video was only gonna be like 2 min ha.  

Makes you wonder if he could have had a better career had he been drafted by a better organization.  As much as we all make fun of him, he certainly had some arm talent.  He just never mentally progressed and wonder if had better coaching if he might have developed more than he did.  

• Like (+1) 1

Throwing well and being able to play on the NFL are two completely different things. He is still a wuss and would panic like a deer in the headlights. 

People never grow out of being mentally weak. 

23 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Yup I remember that game too, those bombs and that Price throw were amazing.  Funny, if you watch this video you would think Losman had a pretty good career, he made some great throws and had a ton of arm talent.  I actually thought his highlight video was only gonna be like 2 min ha.  

Makes you wonder if he could have had a better career had he been drafted by a better organization.  As much as we all make fun of him, he certainly had some arm talent.  He just never mentally progressed and wonder if had better coaching if he might have developed more than he did.  

Good point.

Doug Whaley once commented on there being three aspects to team building: Drafting well, developing the players, and retaining the players. For years and years, the Bills were bad at all three. But their being bad at drafting was exacerbated by the fact that even when they DID occasionally have draft hits, they either failed to develop them, failed to retain them, or both. In Losman's case, I think the Bills failed him in the "develop him" phase. Of course, it's possible that he was just going to bust no matter what, but who knows?

I like that Beane and McDermott not only seem to be drafting well so far, but also seem to have plans in place for development (Foster, Wallace, White, Milano) and retention.

Edited by Logic
  • Like (+1) 1