JP Losman impresses scouts at Clemson Pro day

If any former NFL players or Uncle Ricos are legitimately interested in getting back in the league or finding their way to it, they have more opportunities today than ever before between the AAF, XFL, goodl ol' CFL and the camp tryouts NFL teams run before the "real" minicamps.

I'm sure JP Losman has moved on with his life but why a young guy like Karlos Williams who has stated a desire to get back to the NFL, wasn't the first guy in line for the AAF befuddles me.  

Edited by dpberr
  • Like (+1) 1

Not surprising that he looked good throwing with no defense. He always could sling it - just had trouble reading defenses and reacting to pressure.

I was always a JP fan though and really wanted to see him do well. Seems like he has quite the opportunity at Clemson to start a career in the coaching ranks.

• Like (+1) 5

Couple of takeaways from the JP high light video.

1) Those uniforms were butt ugly

2) how many times did Evans get behind a defense

3) some of those scores were quite lopsided.

I really wanted JP to be the answer.....

1 hour ago, DCBongo said:

JP had a good arm and was a good college QB.  NFL is a different animal and he could not adjust to the speed and complexity of the defenses. 

Yes, I agree. He couldn't seem to throw the short soft pass----remember all the passes into the dirt ?  I think he got happy feet at times too.

2 minutes ago, qwksilver said:

Couple of takeaways from the JP high light video.

1) Those uniforms were butt ugly

2) how many times did Evans get behind a defense

3) some of those scores were quite lopsided.

I really wanted JP to be the answer.....

As we all did. Seemed a bit doofy (I saw him about town a lot, especially his rookie year) but a genuinely nice guy.

• Like (+1) 1