Hate to say it but, I actually feel bad for Dolphins fans

D521646

You are not a true Bills fan if you feel sorry for the Dolphins in any way.

Just ask the Bills fans who had to endure total Dolphin domination from 1970-86.

I hope we don't have someone create a thread in 5 years feeling sorry for the Patriots.

I lived thru '0 for the '70s'...every...painful...loss. It is still as fresh in my mind today as it was then. I will never, EVER, feel sorry for those rat bastards and their three 'fans'. Now, you kids, get off my lawn...

• Like (+1) 1

On 3/15/2019 at 3:19 AM, Chuck Wagon said:

Meh

1 year ago the Browns were the absolutely laughing stock of the league.  2 years ago they looked completely devoid of talent.  Now they are potentially the most exciting team in the league.  People here need to stop accepting it takes half a decade to turn around a team.

Nobody says half a decade. If a rebuild takes that long there were some major setbacks.

But the Browns rebuild is in Year 4 at this point. It didn't begin this year. It began with Sashi Brown, if not earlier. This year they appear to have hit the tipping point, but it's been a long painful rebuild for Browns fans. But worth it.

Two years ago people on here tried to use the Browns as evidence that rebuilds were stupid and didn't work. The sensible folk on here said, "Their future looks great. Look at their draft picks. Yeah, they're terrible this year but things look very good there." And now we see it. Rebuilds take time, complete ones anyway. Three years is about the shortest it's ever worked in.

Yeah, there are plenty of one-year turnarounds ... that were either reloads of pretty decent teams that were only a key player or three away, or were actually not one-year turnarounds but instead the third or fourth year of a long and painful turnaround ala the Browns where they finally get good. But that's not a one-year turnaround. It's the year you finally see all the pain come to fruition.

Edited by Thurman#1

On 3/14/2019 at 2:19 PM, Chuck Wagon said:

Meh

1 year ago the Browns were the absolutely laughing stock of the league.  2 years ago they looked completely devoid of talent.  Now they are potentially the most exciting team in the league.  People here need to stop accepting it takes half a decade to turn around a team.

The Browns rebuild took AT LEAST 5 years.  They had been acquiring picks for a long, long time before they put them to good use the last 2 seasons.  They were in last place in their division every year except 1 (3rd place in 2010) since 2008 before another time last season. 

On 3/14/2019 at 2:38 PM, IgotBILLStopay said:

John Dorsey could do what he did because his predecessor left him a treasure chest of draft picks to play with. The Browns are just cashing in with their accumulated draft capital. They have had 13 first rounders in the last 7 drafts. In the past 20 years, they have had 4 #1 overall and 4 #3 overall.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Cleveland_Browns_first-round_draft_picks

In contrast, Da Bills have had 7 first rounders in 7 years with 2 #4s and one #3 in the past 20 years. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Buffalo_Bills_first-round_draft_picks

Exactly.

Edited by Mark80

On 3/14/2019 at 2:11 PM, Coach Tuesday said:

He'll be fine.

?Perfect.

They have no true fan base. In fairness, the weather is fantastic year round. None of the Florida teams have a fan base anywhere near northern teams. Very few sellouts, unless they tarp off 20,000 seats.

As many have already stated, I’ll never feel sorry for the fish.

On 3/14/2019 at 2:08 PM, D521646 said:

I've been reading the AFCE forums today, and of course Jets fans are super excited, as they should be, that team is not going to be an easy out for anyone this year.  Pats fans gunna Pats fan, ho hum FA, still clinging to the GOAT for at least one more year, but reading the forums, THEY KNOW, the times are a changing.  And then we have the Fins fans..  Can't imagine what these boards would be like if we had as boring a FA period as they are having knowing that they are in serious tank-mode..  

I know, I know, I shouldn't feel bad but I do. :)

Tim-

2C1BC5A4-6CA2-4AD4-AC79-9D0D947E154D.png

Report: Colin Kaepernick interested in Dolphins job

Posted by Charean Williams on March 15, 2019, 5:53 PM EDT

The Dolphins’ trade of Ryan Tannehill and their miss on Teddy Bridgewater leaves only Luke Falk and Jake Rudock at quarterback. Falk and Rudock have combined for five regular-season attempts, so Miami obviously is in the quarterback market.

On 3/14/2019 at 1:08 PM, D521646 said:

I've been reading the AFCE forums today, and of course Jets fans are super excited, as they should be, that team is not going to be an easy out for anyone this year.  Pats fans gunna Pats fan, ho hum FA, still clinging to the GOAT for at least one more year, but reading the forums, THEY KNOW, the times are a changing.  And then we have the Fins fans..  Can't imagine what these boards would be like if we had as boring a FA period as they are having knowing that they are in serious tank-mode..  

Tim-

Delete your account.

• Like (+1) 1

On 3/14/2019 at 2:51 PM, DrDawkinstein said:

I feel bad for GIANTS fans, but I'll never feel bad for Dolphins fans.

Oooooh, you can't really mean that!! The Giants, man?! Take it back, take it baaaaaack!

Kidding aside, as a fan from WNY, I could never feel anything but scorn for NYC-based teams' fans. Especially ones who have a brutal Super Bowl victory to lord over us forever! 

On 3/14/2019 at 2:08 PM, D521646 said:

Tim-

Are you a lowkey Fish fan trying to get a little sympathy for your team??? ???

• Haha (+1) 1

On 3/14/2019 at 1:13 PM, NewEra said:

What’s a dolphin fan?

I think it's someone who's been to one of those "Swim with the Dolphins" tourist excursions at expensive resorts.  I have a picture of my 6 y.o. kid smooching a dolphin in Hawa'ii and it's incredibly cute. 

Possibly at some of those resorts they may have roofing with punka-fans mounted to keep the shallower water cool, that could also be a "dolphin fan" I guess?

On 3/14/2019 at 10:15 PM, Pasaluki said:

I hate the Dolphins.

Even more than the Patriots.

I hate everything about them.

I hate their stupid color scheme.

I even hate real dolphins for literally no other reason than **** the Miami Dolphins.

Now with that last, you go too far.  I was 100% "IN" with you until then.