Sign in to follow this  
Inigo Montoya

Roster spots becoming bigger factor than cap $$$ left

3 hours ago, cage said:

From your list the only one that hurts a bit is Isiah McKenzie.  Also, Beane does seem to like moving up a bit to make sure he gets his target.  They've done that multiple times in the past 2 years.  I also have to believe that it would be tough have both Gore and Ivory both on the team with a 3rd stringer making over $2m.  Finally, I would wonder whether it would be possible to cut Derek Anderson, hire him as a Offensive/QB Assistant of some sort and then just re-sign him if an injury calls for it??  Not sure how that last one would work

There used to be a rule against that. Some teams were stashing players on coaching and training squads.

6 hours ago, BakersBills said:

It’s actually pretty easy if they take a rb you know one is getting cut.

if zay Jones sucks again he can get cut too especially if they take a wr in the first 2 rounds.

If we draft a wr anywhere in the 1st 3 rounds then Zay, Ray Ray and McKenzie are as good as gone.

7 hours ago, SCBills said:

Who’s the best punter coming out of college?

Might as well use a late pick on him. 

I have 15 cuts and kept P Corey Carter.  He looked good last preseason before getting hurt.  I think he would have beaten out Schmidt.

Roster limit is 90. I expect a few more fa’s.  Probably more one year contracts.  

1 hour ago, LABILLBACKER said:

If we draft a wr anywhere in the 1st 3 rounds then Zay, Ray Ray and McKenzie are as good as gone.

I don’t agree about zay