Sign in to follow this  
Alphadawg7

Now go get Duke Johnson please

4 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

The level of play he brought with more exposure last year was not NFL quality, IMO.

Particularly if you value your QB's health

Just now, BuffaloBillies said:

4.8 Yards per Carry in 2018

4.9 Yards per Carry in 2017

Not bad at all for RB#3

No question the stats are there in tiny portions.........but I just didn't see a guy you can give the ball to 12-15 times per game if needed......and with 2 old RB's in house I think you need that.    

He is one of those guys who might be developing in the strength and conditioning program though.........only the team knows if that's the case.  

12 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

I expected that because of the O line....if you have an O line that can actually run block/get out on screens...etc etc then Shady is the guy you want because he is a home run hitter

Could be.  Though he had holes, he didn’t hit them fast enough trying to dance.  Ivory just hits the and goes, shady shakes and bakes and doesn’t have the same speed he used to have.  May have lost just a little, but that’s amplified in the NFL.  Sit upper deck and can see how shady has holes, doesn’t hit them fast enough.

9 minutes ago, GG said:

Particularly if you value your QB's health

It's palpable how much softer that position is when he is on the field...........and that's saying something because Shady is a lousy blocker.

1 minute ago, BADOLBILZ said:

It's palpable how much softer that position is when he is on the field...........and that's saying something because Shady is a lousy blocker.

It's my usual Yonel Jourdain test for RB readiness

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Mark80 said:

As a "U" fan, I'm all for filling our backfield with all their former backs!

Travis Homer..........dude is good.....underrated after playing on a terrible U passing offense last season.........and starting to get noticed by draftniks after the combine...........be interesting to see how teams actually view him in the draft.  

12 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Travis Homer..........dude is good.....underrated after playing on a terrible U passing offense last season.........and starting to get noticed by draftniks after the combine...........be interesting to see how teams actually view him in the draft.  

Bills have scouted him a few times iirc. Be a nice pick in the 4th-5th rd

4 minutes ago, BuffAlone said:

Bills have scouted him a few times iirc. Be a nice pick in the 4th-5th rd

He's a process guy........and so is Duke Johnson.    Hard workers and good teammates.  

• Like (+1) 1

54 minutes ago, davefan66 said:

Have to say, thought Ivory played better than Shady last year.  Hit the hole harder, got the positive yards. 

Ivory probably did play better than Shady, his style of running has more of an upside with a below average OL. Shady is more of a patient runner who waits for space and takes advantage of blocks and angles. I'm with @SCBills in that Shady has a bounce back year in 2019. Shady's angry and motivated plus our line this year will be a strength.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, ukbuffalo said:

Then draft a late round pick on a RB who can develop.

Duke/gore/rookie 

having both McCoy and duke is a bit too much money in the RB 

I'd role with all 4 and cut dimarco.  McCoys off the books in a year so it doesnt matter.

Edited by dneveu

1 hour ago, Alphadawg7 said:

He’s officially available and 3 teams interested, hope one is us.  

Yes please; always loved his game. Just signed a new contract last year but not too outrageous.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BADOLBILZ said:

The level of play he brought with more exposure last year was not NFL quality, IMO.

If Shady couldn't make chicken salad out of chicken poop from that offensive line what would you expect Murphy to do. 

Apparently Cleveland's waiting to see what type of discipline the NFL puts on Kareem Hunt before they decide to move Duke.

Yes please.     When we signed Gore, my first thought was ahhh I wanted to get Duke Johnson.

Edited by The Tomcat
  • Like (+1) 1

McCoy's not going anywhere.  He'll perform behind, for a change, a functional line.  Also, Gore came here, primarily because of McCoy.  Why upset the apple cart when the fruit is ripe?

2 hours ago, CardinalScotts said:

I dont think we can fully understand how horrible the o-line was. McCoy's production is 100% due to this. The front office obviously noticed as well totally revamping  the o-line.

If you watched the games, it was obvious how bad the OL was: no holes for runners, no blocking for the quarterback, on their heals most of the time, a field day for defenses.

Edited by Formerly Allan in MD

1 minute ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

You can’t have two Dukes on the same team. It just can’t happen

Um, Dukes come in pairs...Dukes of Hazard for instance :nana:

Real question would be, which one of them is Bo and which one is Luke.  

Edited by Alphadawg7

I really don’t understand what we use a fullback for.  

Josh Allen and our WR speed should be enough to open up running lanes with our new line. 

Just crosstrain a DT to lead block around the Goal Line, or draft Christian Wilkins, because I’m pretty sure he did that at Clemson. 

3 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

No question the stats are there in tiny portions.........but I just didn't see a guy you can give the ball to 12-15 times per game if needed......and with 2 old RB's in house I think you need that.    

He is one of those guys who might be developing in the strength and conditioning program though.........only the team knows if that's the case.  

It ain't even his YPC though, those definitely come from a smaller sample size. The guy can catch the ball out of the backfield. 70 catches 2 years ago. 50+ the year before that. 61 the year before that. They got away from him last year and he still caught 47. You want to talk about safety valves and easy passes for a young QB? Duke is ideal. career yards per catch almost 10. He wasn't just out there catching busted screens for -2 yards. AND he's still very young.

He has 1286 rushing yards in 64 games........he's not a dual threat he's a 3rd down outlet guy only.  If Trent Edwards was our QB I'd be all in for Duke Johnson, we need a guy that can do it all........no thanks.

25 minutes ago, JoPar_v2 said:

It ain't even his YPC though, those definitely come from a smaller sample size. The guy can catch the ball out of the backfield. 70 catches 2 years ago. 50+ the year before that. 61 the year before that. They got away from him last year and he still caught 47. You want to talk about safety valves and easy passes for a young QB? Duke is ideal. career yards per catch almost 10. He wasn't just out there catching busted screens for -2 yards. AND he's still very young.

The post you responded to was actually about Marcus Murphy.

But yeah Duke is a good back but particularly good receiving out of the backfield.

• Thanks! (+1) 1