Now go get Duke Johnson please

1 hour ago, BADOLBILZ said:

The level of play he brought with more exposure last year was not NFL quality, IMO.

If Shady couldn't make chicken salad out of chicken poop from that offensive line what would you expect Murphy to do. 

Apparently Cleveland's waiting to see what type of discipline the NFL puts on Kareem Hunt before they decide to move Duke.

McCoy's not going anywhere.  He'll perform behind, for a change, a functional line.  Also, Gore came here, primarily because of McCoy.  Why upset the apple cart when the fruit is ripe?

2 hours ago, CardinalScotts said:

I dont think we can fully understand how horrible the o-line was. McCoy's production is 100% due to this. The front office obviously noticed as well totally revamping  the o-line.

If you watched the games, it was obvious how bad the OL was: no holes for runners, no blocking for the quarterback, on their heals most of the time, a field day for defenses.

Edited by Formerly Allan in MD

1 minute ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

You can’t have two Dukes on the same team. It just can’t happen

Um, Dukes come in pairs...Dukes of Hazard for instance :nana:

Real question would be, which one of them is Bo and which one is Luke.  

Edited by Alphadawg7

I really don’t understand what we use a fullback for.  

Josh Allen and our WR speed should be enough to open up running lanes with our new line. 

Just crosstrain a DT to lead block around the Goal Line, or draft Christian Wilkins, because I’m pretty sure he did that at Clemson. 

3 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

No question the stats are there in tiny portions.........but I just didn't see a guy you can give the ball to 12-15 times per game if needed......and with 2 old RB's in house I think you need that.    

He is one of those guys who might be developing in the strength and conditioning program though.........only the team knows if that's the case.  

It ain't even his YPC though, those definitely come from a smaller sample size. The guy can catch the ball out of the backfield. 70 catches 2 years ago. 50+ the year before that. 61 the year before that. They got away from him last year and he still caught 47. You want to talk about safety valves and easy passes for a young QB? Duke is ideal. career yards per catch almost 10. He wasn't just out there catching busted screens for -2 yards. AND he's still very young.

25 minutes ago, JoPar_v2 said:

It ain't even his YPC though, those definitely come from a smaller sample size. The guy can catch the ball out of the backfield. 70 catches 2 years ago. 50+ the year before that. 61 the year before that. They got away from him last year and he still caught 47. You want to talk about safety valves and easy passes for a young QB? Duke is ideal. career yards per catch almost 10. He wasn't just out there catching busted screens for -2 yards. AND he's still very young.

The post you responded to was actually about Marcus Murphy.

But yeah Duke is a good back but particularly good receiving out of the backfield.

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, streetkings01 said:

He has 1286 rushing yards in 64 games........he's not a dual threat he's a 3rd down outlet guy only.  If Trent Edwards was our QB I'd be all in for Duke Johnson, we need a guy that can do it all........no thanks.

He can run the ball, and well, they just don't ask him all that much. He is better as a receiver. 

43 minutes ago, cle23 said:

He can run the ball, and well, they just don't ask him all that much. He is better as a receiver. 

He runs the ball so well that they started Crowell over him and drafted and started Hyde & Chubb over him. 

3 different coaches didnt trust him as a runner........maybe there’s something to that.

Edited by streetkings01

7 hours ago, CardinalScotts said:

I dont think we can fully understand how horrible the o-line was. McCoy's production is 100% due to this. The front office obviously noticed as well totally revamping  the o-line.

If we draft a day 1 starter at RG and both Dawkins and Teller take a step up, you'll see a HUGE jump in production from McCoy.

Speaking of McCoy, I think fans need to acknowledge his attitude. A lot of players would have been throwing trash to the media if they had to play behind our OL last year. Shady had nothing but accolades for his teamates even though they couldn't open a hole to save to save their lives.

I like this kid Lindstrom if we can trade back up into the 1st round or if we trade down. He really has a chance at greatness IMHO.