Now go get Duke Johnson please

Just now, SCBills said:

I agree - I think Shady has a bounce back year. 

Which also makes me real interested to see how Bell does behind the Jets OL.   That OL was almost as bad as ours with their only offseason upgrade, so far, being Osemele at G. 

Statistically I can’t imagine a scenario where he doesn’t improve from last year... but will he produce at top 5-10 level (I have my doubts).  

If there was an option to completely shed Shady’s money this year, I think Johnson can be just as productive as a pass catcher with Gore being the pound guy.  

7 minutes ago, CardinalScotts said:

I dont think we can fully understand how horrible the o-line was. McCoy's production is 100% due to this. The front office obviously noticed as well totally revamping  the o-line.

Agreed. The line really stunk the place up last season. Wood and Ritchie really carried the line before they retired The upgrades will help Shady get back to his old self and cut down on Allen's rushing attempts. The offense will be much better with the line upgrades

4 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

The level of play he brought with more exposure last year was not NFL quality, IMO.

Particularly if you value your QB's health

Just now, BuffaloBillies said:

4.8 Yards per Carry in 2018

4.9 Yards per Carry in 2017

Not bad at all for RB#3

No question the stats are there in tiny portions.........but I just didn't see a guy you can give the ball to 12-15 times per game if needed......and with 2 old RB's in house I think you need that.    

He is one of those guys who might be developing in the strength and conditioning program though.........only the team knows if that's the case.  

12 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

I expected that because of the O line....if you have an O line that can actually run block/get out on screens...etc etc then Shady is the guy you want because he is a home run hitter

Could be.  Though he had holes, he didn’t hit them fast enough trying to dance.  Ivory just hits the and goes, shady shakes and bakes and doesn’t have the same speed he used to have.  May have lost just a little, but that’s amplified in the NFL.  Sit upper deck and can see how shady has holes, doesn’t hit them fast enough.

1 minute ago, BADOLBILZ said:

It's palpable how much softer that position is when he is on the field...........and that's saying something because Shady is a lousy blocker.

It's my usual Yonel Jourdain test for RB readiness

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Mark80 said:

As a "U" fan, I'm all for filling our backfield with all their former backs!

Travis Homer..........dude is good.....underrated after playing on a terrible U passing offense last season.........and starting to get noticed by draftniks after the combine...........be interesting to see how teams actually view him in the draft.  

12 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Travis Homer..........dude is good.....underrated after playing on a terrible U passing offense last season.........and starting to get noticed by draftniks after the combine...........be interesting to see how teams actually view him in the draft.  

Bills have scouted him a few times iirc. Be a nice pick in the 4th-5th rd

54 minutes ago, davefan66 said:

Have to say, thought Ivory played better than Shady last year.  Hit the hole harder, got the positive yards. 

Ivory probably did play better than Shady, his style of running has more of an upside with a below average OL. Shady is more of a patient runner who waits for space and takes advantage of blocks and angles. I'm with @SCBills in that Shady has a bounce back year in 2019. Shady's angry and motivated plus our line this year will be a strength.

• Like (+1) 1