Now go get Duke Johnson please

Just now, Juice_32 said:

I think we could draft a RB in the 4th-5th with a very similar skill set to Duke. I do like him but a rookie will be much cheaper.

I don’t know he will be that much cheaper though, this is a secondary RB so I don’t think duke has a big price tag, but that’s also just my assumption.

1 minute ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I don’t know he will be that much cheaper though, this is a secondary RB so I don’t think duke has a big price tag, but that’s also just my assumption.

His cap hits the next 3 are $3,050,000, $4,850,000, and $5,900,000.

6 minutes ago, ukbuffalo said:

Would be all over these deal but we would have to trade McCoy out 

3 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

I think Shady stays one more year........it would be Ivory cut

If you're keeping McCoy for another year to me a better option than Johnson would be draft 2nd to 3rd round rookie.   You could likely get as good production from a rookie as Johnson.  I think WR is one of the hardest and longest positions for rookies to develop at, where as RB is the fastest.  

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Juice_32 said:

His cap hits the next 3 are $3,050,000, $4,850,000, and $5,900,000.

And Shady is off the books next year , we have about $18 million left in space this year after assumptions for contract #s that are not out yet and rookies

Just now, CardinalScotts said:

I dont think we can fully understand how horrible the o-line was. McCoy's production is 100% due to this. The front office obviously noticed as well totally revamping  the o-line.

I agree - I think Shady has a bounce back year. 

Which also makes me real interested to see how Bell does behind the Jets OL.   That OL was almost as bad as ours with their only offseason upgrade, so far, being Osemele at G. 

1 minute ago, davefan66 said:

Have to say, thought Ivory played better than Shady last year.  Hit the hole harder, got the positive yards. 

I expected that because of the O line....if you have an O line that can actually run block/get out on screens...etc etc then Shady is the guy you want because he is a home run hitter