Is Poyer giving up his jersey # to Gore?

30 minutes ago, The Bills Blog said:

I'd be surprised. He wore #23 in Indy. It's just a 1-year deal.

Hyde is 23 

Just now, Dougy84 said:

#23 is Hyde so I don't see that either

Thinking the same thing at the same time:thumbsup:

That’s between Poyer and Gore.  In the past, teams have allowed the two players to work it out.  Sometimes the Gore type player would give $ or a gift, but not required.  Sometimes the younger player gives up his number out of respect, which is what I’m guessing happened with Poyer.  

It actually speaks to Poyer’s character.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

That’s between Poyer and Gore.  In the past, teams have allowed the two players to work it out.  Sometimes the Gore type player would give $ or a gift, but not required.  Sometimes the younger player gives up his number out of respect, which is what I’m guessing happened with Poyer.  

It actually speaks to Poyer’s character.

It also wouldn't surprise me to see Gore just pick another number even if Poyer or Hyde offered up 21 or 23 just because he's only here for a year. He seems like that type of guy

It would surprise me that an adult would really care about the number on their uniform. I know it happens, but it still surprises me.  I’m guessing they haven’t even begun to worry about who is wearing what number.  Lots of moves to be made.  I’d think Poyer would keep his number since he was here before Gore and will be here after him. On a side note, I hope Gore gets at least 4 TDs this season so he hits the century mark for his career.