What if Rosen Ends Up In Miami?

1 hour ago, dneveu said:

Rosen's year was rough.  I only remember even seeing a few highlights at any point during the year.  

While Allen came back from his injury and had a few good games, and limited his sacks (7 total sacks in the last 6 games) - Rosen was sacked 45 times on the year, including 16 in the last 3 games of the season.  He had 73 more attempts and a higher comp% than allen (55% which is low for his depth of target) but only 104 more yards.  

I think both will benefit from some new targets, and some improved offensive lines.  Daboll really moved towards an offense that allen could execute towards the end of the year to build confidence and create some offense.  Rosen led the worst offense in the NFL, and everyone who had anything to do with his selection and development is probably gone.  He could use the change of scenery, but I'm not sure Miami would be best for him.  

My point was just that it's way too early in their careers to judge these kids, and doing so simply is assuming they'll be great because of pre-draft hype.  None of them were all that great as rookies.  Mayfield looked the best of the first round QBs but even so, there's no guarantee that he'll become a great QB either -- any more than any of the others.   Vince Young was the OROY in 2006 and Mark Sanchez led the Jests to the AFC Championship game in 2009.

FWIW, the only young QB I can think of who was traded very early in his career and went on to be a great QB was Brett Favre.  That doesn't portend well for Rosen if he does get traded.

10 hours ago, RocCityRoller said:

Yes, but look bigger.

Rosen, Darnold and Allen battling it out for the next decade in the same division every week is an NFL ratings bonanza.

NYC, Miami and WNY/Toronto is huge ratings and penetration to replace the Pats and New England ratings.

It's too easy.

Rosen to Miami, is my off season lock. It's too easy.

Why not Rosen to NYG?

Hes kind of Eli-ish. 

2 hours ago, TigerJ said:

If he has any confidence left after the Arizona debacle last year, Miami will crush whats left.  Hmmm, can NFL players develop PTSD?

We should ask David Carr.... yikes... his first year or two in Houston were brutal.

11 hours ago, RocCityRoller said:

Jets have added:

G: Jets added LG - Osemele -  we added his capable backup

RB: Jets added RB L Bell - we added 35 yr old F Gore

LB: Jets added LB CJ Mosely -  we added nothing to the DF7

Holy douche waffle batman

• Haha (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, dneveu said:

If they're going Murray it makes sense to move him now to get the pick. Nyg have an extra 3rd now and it'd give them a possible building block

I dont see it being done til just before the draft starts or after they select Murray to not tip the rest of the league off as to who they draft. I believe the Giants have a second 1st rounder this year and could give them that plus a later pick. Have the deal worked out and in place, then have it announced during the draft.

3 hours ago, Ramza86 said:

I think the jew is going to end up as a Giant. 

Rosen and Saquan. Two rookie contracts. Will have capital for the near future. 

If they can find a way to protect the boy...Giants oline is equally as bad as AZ.....i think he may stick around in this league.

Ok Ilhan Omar, calm down. 

• Haha (+1) 2

14 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

I dont see it being done til just before the draft starts or after they select Murray to not tip the rest of the league off as to who they draft. I believe the Giants have a second 1st rounder this year and could give them that plus a later pick. Have the deal worked out and in place, then have it announced during the draft.

His value has tanked - i would think itd be a third at this point.  Not to mention you're trading from a position of weakness - people know you don't want this guy as he provides you no value to your team this year.  Trading him pre-draft tells people who you're drafting, but it maximizes his value.  If you trade post draft then teams know you are just dumping him.  

Zona has to eat some dead money if they move him - but its better to move him and not have him become a disgruntled backup where he tanks his value more than he already did with a poor rookie year.

Rosen to Miami makes more sense to me than them signing a Vet like Bridgewater, Fitz, Tyrod, etc... Guys who may win just enough to put you out of reach of the elite QB prospects coming out. If Rosen flame out you are are in position to draft Tua in 2020 or Lawrence in 2021 while you rebuild. 

If Rosen pans out then you have your franchise QB and you are ahead in the rebuild process.

Edited by billieve420

6 hours ago, Doc said:

If he does, not worried at all.  But I think the Dols are looking to 2020 for their future QB.

I think you're right.  Who are the Dolphins going to draft this year at 13 for QB? 

WHo knows, maybe they cut Tannehill, pick up some scrub, tank and go for the kid with the fresh flow form Clemson next year.

• Like (+1) 1