What if Rosen Ends Up In Miami?

3 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

That doesn’t excuse your wrong statements.

The flip side of that is that it’s only a ratings bonanza if they turn out to be good QB’s. The draft class angle will play for about a year until one or more don’t play well. If they suck it doesn’t matter where or when they were drafted. ? 

I also don’t know about Rosen to Miami cause they seem intent on tanking... not sure I’d Tua is better than Rosen, but that’s the rumored plan.

I don't know where to begin with this post.

The NFL is always looking to highlight QB vs QB battles. The 2018 draft was replete with 4-5 potential high end QB prospects.

They were Mayfield, Darnold, Allen, Rosen and Jackson. Best QB class in a decade or more. All had moments of brilliance and also rookie lows.

The NFL is more than hungry to show these young guns play each other. It is a ratings bonanza especially year 2 and 3 when the teams build around them.

If it so happens that three of them are battling it out in the same division, they will highlight that division. Imagine if that was on the East Coast?

Hence I noted that Rosen to the Dolphins is possible if not probable.

This is common sense.

I'd take Rosen over Tua any day of the week.

56 minutes ago, RocCityRoller said:

Jets have added:

G: Jets added LG - Osemele -  we added his capable backup

RB: Jets added RB L Bell - we added 35 yr old F Gore

LB: Jets added LB CJ Mosely -  we added nothing to the DF7

They are also paying over 40 mil a year for those 3. Osemele had a down year last year, bell has been out of football for a year, and mosely is more of a run stuffer. 

Also adding gase as a head coach doesn’t qualify as a great move to me either

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

The problem with whatever team gets Rosen will be longevity. If injuries don't get him, politics will. 

As a lifelong Bruin I look at Rosen a lot like Lonzo Ball. Lots of college hype turning to professional mediocrity. Bills fans need to worry about Darnold & Mahomes....

That Lonzo comparison is spot on, I felt the same way about Lonzo, thought he was a solid college prospect but not a lotto pick. I thought Rosen would be a serviceable QB in the NFL, I never thought he would be a top 10, then when the crazy draft season started and I saw him shooting up boards I prayed it wouldn't be buffalo that drafted him.

You know, I was kind of hoping that Miami would draft Rosen. It would be a fun ride to have three QB's all drafted high in the same draft in the AFC East. For that reason I hope they trade for him so we can all see things play out up close and personal for these QB's.

• Like (+1) 1

Funny over half this board used to be pro-Rosen. More than half I recall.

We drafted the 'wrong Josh'

I posted a lot of anti-Rosen stuff pre-2018 draft and got flamed hard.... I wanted Mayfield or Rudolph.

I wrote impassioned stuff about Mayfield and was flamed. He looks good now doesn't he?

Now when I propose Rosen to Miami for ratings and a Miami rebuild no one shows up?

Where are all of the Rosen supporters?

TBD is funny.

Rosen did have a better statistical year than Allen, and he may become a Dolphin. But no discourse.

Rosen to Miami, meh....

It may very well happen.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, RocCityRoller said:

I posted a lot of anti-Rosen stuff pre-2018 draft and got flamed hard.... I wanted Mayfield or Rudolph.

I wrote impassioned stuff about Mayfield and was flamed. He looks good now doesn't he?

Now when I propose Rosen to Miami for ratings and a Miami rebuild no one shows up?

TBD is funny.

Rosen did have a better statistical year than Allen, and he may become a Dolphin. But no discourse.

Rosen to Miami, meh....

It may very well happen.

So what if it does?  I like Rosen, wanted him over Allen at the time of the draft.  If Miami gets him then we play him twice a year and beat him.  As much as I think he'll be a good QB it's not like he's the god of QB play.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, RocCityRoller said:

TBD is funny.

Rosen to Miami, meh....

It may very well happen.

I think it's mostly because there's not too much to discuss. As one poster said, if he gets traded to Miami, he'll be the Dolphins QB. Ratings seems to be the storyline you're selling, not a rehashing of last year's draft decision. At least until now I suppose?

I think it would be a tough place for him to go.  They're clearly breaking it down and it will be hard for him to have good year.  Then he'll have been on two crappy teams with poor results and the talk about him being a bust will gain lots of momentum.

6 hours ago, RocCityRoller said:

What if Rosen Ends Up In Miami?

It's all too possible.

this will happen

I'm not even convinced yet that he leaves Arizona. You're right, though, that it's possible.

It would be depressing that the Pats dynasty came with no other QBs in the division for like two decades and then the era of the Bills excellence the division is full of them.

He did not play that well last year, but was on a very bad team.

The key Coach Weiss made on NFLR was pertinent that his former college coaches did not endorse him, and there was speculation he did not take the time to do the film tape to win.  That is the antithesis if Allen, per his peers.

This doesn’t bother me at all.

What I don't get is why wouldn't they just keep both QBs? Take Murray and have them battle it out at camp, may the best guy win. When Washington took RG3 and Cousins I thought they were crazy, but if they only stuck with RG3 they would have been ***** out of luck. Instead he flopped, they turned to Cousins and he gave them some good years...

6 hours ago, whatdrought said:

Whoo doggy, what a fun take.

So, let’s put this into perspective:

Jets added a good guard. We added a top 10 center.

Jets made a guy who hasn’t carried a football in over a year a very very wealthy running back. The bills signed a savvy vet to a minimal deal.

Jets paid very highly for a run stuffing linebacker who is a good player, but is limited. The bills added to their secondary and are bringing in a DE to look at. 

Meanwhile, the bills outdid them at receiver, took an All-pro teamer from them, built depth across the front line, and decidedly didn’t have any of their big ticket signees bail on them because the idea of playing for them made them sick.

Anyone who thinks the Jets have won the offseason thinks that on name alone. They made some good moves for sure, but they were all moves made with one purpose- positive hype to keep the GM’s job. Meanwhile, the Bills used their money to fill just about all of their holes and greatly improve their team. 

agree

31 minutes ago, badassgixxer05 said:

What I don't get is why wouldn't they just keep both QBs? Take Murray and have them battle it out at camp, may the best guy win. When Washington took RG3 and Cousins I thought they were crazy, but if they only stuck with RG3 they would have been ***** out of luck. Instead he flopped, they turned to Cousins and he gave them some good years...

Good point, but Rosen can also give them more draft capital, and it's a team that has a lot of needs. At the time, Washington was in good shape and did make the playoffs with RG3, Arizona is in a full rebuild and needs many pieces. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, RocCityRoller said:

The point that is missing is that the AFC East could have 3 of the best 4 QBs in the 2018 class in one division.

All of the 'wrong Josh' haters can see J Rosen up close and personal while the Dolphins rebuild a year behind Buffalo and the Jets.

Darnold is there at the Jets, and they are building too. Being in NYC they need to make the 'big splash' signings like Bell, Osemele and Mosely.

Then you have the Bills with Allen and our mid level pickups, instead of 3 big splashes, the Bills puddle jump 9 or 10 FA and hope to stick half of them

A fascinating experiment in team building in one division, with super young QBs is about to unfold in the division seeking to disthrone the NE dynasty with 2 or maybe 3 of the best young QBs to come out in a long time.

Mimami trading for Josh Rosen makes sense and makes the division must see TV, That is good for the Buffalo Bills.

Darnold, Allen, and Rosen had decent rookie seasons despite all being hindered by the crappy teams around them as rookies.  Even allowing for that, however, none of them played well enough to be considered more than "promising" at this point in their careers.  The history of the NFL is littered with supposedly "best QBs to come out in a long time" -- some who even looked much better as rookies than any of the three you mentioned -- who crashed and burned.