Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
RocCityRoller

What if Rosen Ends Up In Miami?

Recommended Posts

It's all too possible.

 

AZ looking at Murray.

 

Miami needs a QB. Miami has enough to do it.

 

Darnold, Rosen and Allen in the AFC East?

 

Woah!

 

The Jets have had a great off-season.

 

The Bills have been solid.

 

The Dolphins could go Rosen as the big splash, why not?

 

Then Brady.

AFC East football becomes must watch football on the east coast. (Boston, NYC, Miami and Buffalo/WNY).

 

legitimate ratings boost

 

this will happen

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Then he’ll be the dolphins qB

  • Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 12
  • Awesome! (+1) 3
  • Thanks! (+1) 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And we’ll beat his azz twice a year for the next decade. 

  • Like (+1) 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That'd be a good move for the Phins. I still like Rosen as a prospect. To be honest I like him better than Kyler Murray. 

  • Like (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think McDermott and this defense overwhelm him , kinda like we have with Tannehil basically his whole career

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wouldn't that be interesting? Darnold, Allen and Rosen in the same division. That would be fascinating. 

  • Like (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Explain to me how the Jets have had a great off season and the Bills has been “alright”?

  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks! (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, RocCityRoller said:

It's all too possible.

 

AZ looking at Murray.

 

Miami needs a QB. Miami has enough to do it.

 

Darnold, Rosen and Allen in the AFC East?

 

Woah!

 

The Jets have had a great off-season.

 

The Bills have been solid.

 

The Dolphins could go Rosen as the big splash, why not?

 

Then Brady.

AFC East football becomes must watch football on the east coast. (Boston, NJ, Miami and Buffalo/WNY).

 

legitimate ratings boost

 

this will happen

Fixed it for you 😉

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

Explain to me how the Jets have had a great off season and the Bills has been “alright”?

 

Jets have added:

 

G: Jets added LG - Osemele -  we added his capable backup

RB: Jets added RB L Bell - we added 35 yr old F Gore

LB: Jets added LB CJ Mosely -  we added nothing to the DF7

 

  • Skeptical 4
  • Confused 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

The point that is missing is that the AFC East could have 3 of the best 4 QBs in the 2018 class in one division.

 

All of the 'wrong Josh' haters can see J Rosen up close and personal while the Dolphins rebuild a year behind Buffalo and the Jets.

 

Darnold is there at the Jets, and they are building too. Being in NYC they need to make the 'big splash' signings like Bell, Osemele and Mosely.

 

Then you have the Bills with Allen and our mid level pickups, instead of 3 big splashes, the Bills puddle jump 9 or 10 FA and hope to stick half of them

 

A fascinating experiment in team building in one division, with super young QBs is about to unfold in the division seeking to disthrone the NE dynasty with 2 or maybe 3 of the best young QBs to come out in a long time.

 

Mimami trading for Josh Rosen makes sense and makes the division must see TV, That is good for the Buffalo Bills.

 

Edited by RocCityRoller

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, RocCityRoller said:

 

Jets have added:

 

G: Jets added LG - Osemele -  we added his capable backup

RB: Jets added RB L Bell - we added 35 yr old F Gore

LB: Jets added LB CJ Mosely -  we added nothing to the DF7

 

 

Whoo doggy, what a fun take.

 

 

So, let’s put this into perspective:

 

Jets added a good guard. We added a top 10 center.

 

Jets made a guy who hasn’t carried a football in over a year a very very wealthy running back. The bills signed a savvy vet to a minimal deal.

 

Jets paid very highly for a run stuffing linebacker who is a good player, but is limited. The bills added to their secondary and are bringing in a DE to look at. 

 

Meanwhile, the bills outdid them at receiver, took an All-pro teamer from them, built depth across the front line, and decidedly didn’t have any of their big ticket signees bail on them because the idea of playing for them made them sick.

 

Anyone who thinks the Jets have won the offseason thinks that on name alone. They made some good moves for sure, but they were all moves made with one purpose- positive hype to keep the GM’s job. Meanwhile, the Bills used their money to fill just about all of their holes and greatly improve their team. 

  • Like (+1) 7
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thanks! (+1) 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, NewDayBills said:

Wouldn't that be interesting? Darnold, Allen and Rosen in the same division. That would be fascinating. 

 

That is my point. The NFL needs the East coast to be relevant. 3 of the best young QBs in one division creates amazing drama as heir to Brady.

 

Rosen to Miami is a lock.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

 

Whoo doggy, what a fun take.

 

 

So, let’s put this into perspective:

 

Jets added a good guard. We added a top 10 center.

 

Jets made a guy who hasn’t carried a football in over a year a very very wealthy running back. The bills signed a savvy vet to a minimal deal.

 

Jets paid very highly for a run stuffing linebacker who is a good player, but is limited. The bills added to their secondary and are bringing in a DE to look at. 

 

Meanwhile, the bills outdid them at receiver, took an All-pro teamer from them, built depth across the front line, and decidedly didn’t have any of their big ticket signees bail on them because the idea of playing for them made them sick.

 

Anyone who thinks the Jets have won the offseason thinks that on name alone. They made some good moves for sure, but they were all moves made with one purpose- positive hype to keep the GM’s job. Meanwhile, the Bills used their money to fill just about all of their holes and greatly improve their team. 

 

Yes, but look bigger.

 

Rosen, Darnold and Allen battling it out for the next decade in the same division every week is an NFL ratings bonanza.

 

NYC, Miami and WNY/Toronto is huge ratings and penetration to replace the Pats and New England ratings.

 

It's too easy.

 

Rosen to Miami, is my off season lock. It's too easy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, RocCityRoller said:

 

Yes, but look bigger.

 

Rosen, Darnold and Allen battling it out for the next decade in the same division every week is an NFL ratings bonanza.

 

NYC, Miami and WNY/Toronto is huge ratings and penetration to replace the Pats and New England ratings.

 

It's too easy.

 

Rosen to Miami, is my off season lock. It's too easy.

 

That doesn’t excuse your wrong statements.

 

The flip side of that is that it’s only a ratings bonanza if they turn out to be good QB’s. The draft class angle will play for about a year until one or more don’t play well. If they suck it doesn’t matter where or when they were drafted. 😛 

 

I also don’t know about Rosen to Miami cause they seem intent on tanking... not sure I’d Tua is better than Rosen, but that’s the rumored plan.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd be fine with it. I watched him in the Pac12 and didn't care for him then, not gonna worry about him if he is on Miami.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The problem with whatever team gets Rosen will be longevity. If injuries don't get him, politics will. 

6 minutes ago, Jeetz1231 said:

I'd be fine with it. I watched him in the Pac12 and didn't care for him then, not gonna worry about him if he is on Miami.

As a lifelong Bruin I look at Rosen a lot like Lonzo Ball. Lots of college hype turning to professional mediocrity. Bills fans need to worry about Darnold & Mahomes....

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

 

That doesn’t excuse your wrong statements.

 

The flip side of that is that it’s only a ratings bonanza if they turn out to be good QB’s. The draft class angle will play for about a year until one or more don’t play well. If they suck it doesn’t matter where or when they were drafted. 😛 

 

I also don’t know about Rosen to Miami cause they seem intent on tanking... not sure I’d Tua is better than Rosen, but that’s the rumored plan.

 

I don't know where to begin with this post.

 

The NFL is always looking to highlight QB vs QB battles. The 2018 draft was replete with 4-5 potential high end QB prospects.

 

They were Mayfield, Darnold, Allen, Rosen and Jackson. Best QB class in a decade or more. All had moments of brilliance and also rookie lows.

 

The NFL is more than hungry to show these young guns play each other. It is a ratings bonanza especially year 2 and 3 when the teams build around them.

 

If it so happens that three of them are battling it out in the same division, they will highlight that division. Imagine if that was on the East Coast?

Hence I noted that Rosen to the Dolphins is possible if not probable.

 

This is common sense.

 

I'd take Rosen over Tua any day of the week.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, RocCityRoller said:

 

Jets have added:

 

G: Jets added LG - Osemele -  we added his capable backup

RB: Jets added RB L Bell - we added 35 yr old F Gore

LB: Jets added LB CJ Mosely -  we added nothing to the DF7

 

They are also paying over 40 mil a year for those 3. Osemele had a down year last year, bell has been out of football for a year, and mosely is more of a run stuffer. 

Also adding gase as a head coach doesn’t qualify as a great move to me either

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks! (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

The problem with whatever team gets Rosen will be longevity. If injuries don't get him, politics will. 

As a lifelong Bruin I look at Rosen a lot like Lonzo Ball. Lots of college hype turning to professional mediocrity. Bills fans need to worry about Darnold & Mahomes....

That Lonzo comparison is spot on, I felt the same way about Lonzo, thought he was a solid college prospect but not a lotto pick. I thought Rosen would be a serviceable QB in the NFL, I never thought he would be a top 10, then when the crazy draft season started and I saw him shooting up boards I prayed it wouldn't be buffalo that drafted him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You know, I was kind of hoping that Miami would draft Rosen. It would be a fun ride to have three QB's all drafted high in the same draft in the AFC East. For that reason I hope they trade for him so we can all see things play out up close and personal for these QB's.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Funny over half this board used to be pro-Rosen. More than half I recall.

 

We drafted the 'wrong Josh'

 

I posted a lot of anti-Rosen stuff pre-2018 draft and got flamed hard.... I wanted Mayfield or Rudolph.

I wrote impassioned stuff about Mayfield and was flamed. He looks good now doesn't he?

 

Now when I propose Rosen to Miami for ratings and a Miami rebuild no one shows up?

 

Where are all of the Rosen supporters?

 

TBD is funny.

 

Rosen did have a better statistical year than Allen, and he may become a Dolphin. But no discourse.

Rosen to Miami, meh....

 

It may very well happen.

  • Meh 1
  • Thanks! (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...