The Browns will self-destruct on October 21, 2019

Before all y’all go anointing the Browns as the next AFC North Champs (or AFC contenders) think about the egos in this room:

* Kareem Hunt - Yeah, I know. He had mad squabbles with a babe. But the chip on his shoulder grew into a friggin’ boulder. This kid has some energy that will ultimately bubble over like Peter Brady’s science project. Instead of Marsha’s nose, it’ll be some equipment manager. 

* QB Baker Mayfield: Does a second year QB have the ability to reign in the egos in this locker room? Shoot no. Dude has an ego of his own. So now we have oil and water,  wine and vinegar, vinegar and oil...whatever *grab crotch*

* Jarvis Landry - What really needs to be said about this piece of chit? Has injured more NFL players and started more on-field fights than Matt Barnaby in his prime. This all stems from an off kilter psyche which is the gasoline on Kareem’s kindling. BOOM!

* Head Coach Freddie: Let’s just say he’ll be buying  “Hair for Men” at BJ’s in three to four weeks after the season starts. Dude has ultra egos to manage and as a first year head coach, he’ll be hiding in the trainer’s office by Week 5. 

* OBJ - I cringed at the thought of Antonio Brown but would have given him TO’s key to the city instead of this buffoon. Lock of the season: OBJ is suspended for 4 weeks due to either drugs or being a complete Summer’s Eve in some manner or method. Mega ego, and a lot of “Here’s how we did things in The City” will not go over well with the canine brigade in our Sister City. I love Cleveland, but this dude is the Slitherin to Cleveland’s Griffendor.  

* Myles Garrett - Will want to be traded by Week 8. 

I’ll bet 800 of my rep points the Browns are no better than 2-5 by October 20. Any takers? I will freely allow the mods to subtract my 800 rep points and divide them among those who bet against me...but for anyone who bets me, the mods have the right to transfer yours to me. 

Diary this little thread for October 20 fellas.  See you then. 

Go Bills!

• Like (+1) 7
  • Haha (+1) 11
  • Awesome! (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 3

That’s what happens a lot of times with teams that have “fantasy” rosters you always then have the tv analysts saying how can you stop this blah blah...but a rough game or two and the gaslighting begins quickly with people pointing the blame at each other and that locker room since Joe Thomas retirement has zero I mean zero lockeroom leaders to keep stuff in house 

• Like (+1) 3

5 minutes ago, H2o said:

Winning is a cure-all. If they are winning, which I expect them to do regularly next year, then ego won't be a problem. I bet they win the AFCN. 

Put 800 of those precious 1700 rep points on the line and you have a deal!

3 minutes ago, Wagner said:

Bet it will happen ?

What are you? On credit?

9 minutes ago, BringBackFergy said:

Put 800 of those precious 1700 rep points on the line and you have a deal!

What, we are wagering with rep pts? :lol:  I'm all in. 

Edited by H2o
  • Like (+1) 2

I think people just assume that Mayfield will be an elite QB next year (same goes for Josh Allen). But think he still has growing pains to go through. Mayfield and Allen are still young and inexperienced QB's. I think both teams are still a season or two away from being true contenders.

• Like (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, BringBackFergy said:

* Head Coach Freddie: Let’s just say he’ll be buying  “Hair for Men” at BJ’s in three to four weeks after the season starts. Dude has ultra egos to manage and as a first year head coach, he’ll be hiding in the trainer’s office by Week 5. 

This is key.  If Freddie Kitchens can keep the massive egos and head cases in check and the team focused on football, the Browns can be really good; like win the division good.  Tons of talent on that team. If not, then yeah, he might end up asking to be traded.