The Browns will self-destruct on October 21, 2019

53 minutes ago, BringBackFergy said:

Before all y’all go anointing the Browns as the next AFC North Champs (or AFC contenders) think about the egos in this room:

* Kareem Hunt - Yeah, I know. He had mad squabbles with a babe. But the chip on his shoulder grew into a friggin’ boulder. This kid has some energy that will ultimately bubble over like Peter Brady’s science project. Instead of Marsha’s nose, it’ll be some equipment manager. 

* QB Baker Mayfield: Does a second year QB have the ability to reign in the egos in this locker room? Shoot no. Dude has an ego of his own. So now we have oil and water,  wine and vinegar, vinegar and oil...whatever *grab crotch*

* Jarvis Landry - What really needs to be said about this piece of chit? Has injured more NFL players and started more on-field fights than Matt Barnaby in his prime. This all stems from an off kilter psyche which is the gasoline on Kareem’s kindling. BOOM!

* Head Coach Freddie: Let’s just say he’ll be buying  “Hair for Men” at BJ’s in three to four weeks after the season starts. Dude has ultra egos to manage and as a first year head coach, he’ll be hiding in the trainer’s office by Week 5. 

* OBJ - I cringed at the thought of Antonio Brown but would have given him TO’s key to the city instead of this buffoon. Lock of the season: OBJ is suspended for 4 weeks due to either drugs or being a complete Summer’s Eve in some manner or method. Mega ego, and a lot of “Here’s how we did things in The City” will not go over well with the canine brigade in our Sister City. I love Cleveland, but this dude is the Slitherin to Cleveland’s Griffendor.  

* Myles Garrett - Will want to be traded by Week 8. 

I’ll bet 800 of my rep points the Browns are no better than 2-5 by October 20. Any takers? I will freely allow the mods to subtract my 800 rep points and divide them among those who bet against me...but for anyone who bets me, the mods have the right to transfer yours to me. 

Diary this little thread for October 20 fellas.  See you then. 

Go Bills!

I would be shocked if the Browns were 2-5 or worse to start the season.  No matter what their schedule actually looks like.

6 minutes ago, Happy Gilmore said:

This is key.  If Freddie Kitchens can keep the massive egos and head cases in check and the team focused on football, the Browns can be really good; like win the division good.  Tons of talent on that team. If not, then yeah, he might end up asking to be traded.

Yup I don't care if he's Freddy Kitchens or Bobby Bathroom there's no way a first year HC manages to navigate the AFC North AND compliment OBJ on his hair 2x daily as stipulated in his new contract. Running for the hills by end of preseason book it.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, cle23 said:

I'll take it. Pick something else fir my end

You’re in for 94. If you win, you get 94 of mine. 

17 minutes ago, RiotAct said:

I would be shocked if the Browns were 2-5 or worse to start the season.  No matter what their schedule actually looks like.

C’mon. Bet 250 of your points. 

You bring up several salient points.  While I agree with your talking points ... 2-5 is a bit harsh.  Ima thinking a tad bit better....any reason you are only going 7 games into the season?  At this point I am too lazy to check to see what I got for the supposed points....do they really matter anyway?

Edit - I have 207......I'm all in.  I say better than a 2-5 start

Edited by Kwai San

1 hour ago, BringBackFergy said:

Before all y’all go anointing the Browns as the next AFC North Champs (or AFC contenders) think about the egos in this room:

* Kareem Hunt - Yeah, I know. He had mad squabbles with a babe. But the chip on his shoulder grew into a friggin’ boulder. This kid has some energy that will ultimately bubble over like Peter Brady’s science project. Instead of Marsha’s nose, it’ll be some equipment manager. 

* QB Baker Mayfield: Does a second year QB have the ability to reign in the egos in this locker room? Shoot no. Dude has an ego of his own. So now we have oil and water,  wine and vinegar, vinegar and oil...whatever *grab crotch*

* Jarvis Landry - What really needs to be said about this piece of chit? Has injured more NFL players and started more on-field fights than Matt Barnaby in his prime. This all stems from an off kilter psyche which is the gasoline on Kareem’s kindling. BOOM!

* Head Coach Freddie: Let’s just say he’ll be buying  “Hair for Men” at BJ’s in three to four weeks after the season starts. Dude has ultra egos to manage and as a first year head coach, he’ll be hiding in the trainer’s office by Week 5. 

* OBJ - I cringed at the thought of Antonio Brown but would have given him TO’s key to the city instead of this buffoon. Lock of the season: OBJ is suspended for 4 weeks due to either drugs or being a complete Summer’s Eve in some manner or method. Mega ego, and a lot of “Here’s how we did things in The City” will not go over well with the canine brigade in our Sister City. I love Cleveland, but this dude is the Slitherin to Cleveland’s Griffendor.  

* Myles Garrett - Will want to be traded by Week 8. 

I’ll bet 800 of my rep points the Browns are no better than 2-5 by October 20. Any takers? I will freely allow the mods to subtract my 800 rep points and divide them among those who bet against me...but for anyone who bets me, the mods have the right to transfer yours to me. 

Diary this little thread for October 20 fellas.  See you then. 

Go Bills!

Where is the Emoji with the glass pipe in his mouth.

Kareem Hunt is going to be terrified of making any more mistakes, Baker is a stud, Myles Garrett wouldn't get traded even if he wants to since he's so good and under rookie contract control (not to mention it's totally meaningless to bring up him or Kitchens in your attempt to call out the egotistical players in this room), OBJ wanted to go to Cleveland more than anything and he and his best bud Landry are not going to throw any sort of a mutiny, especially if they play as well as they can.

I couldn't care less about your impractical wager about internet points, but let's definitely bump this back up after the TNF matchup.

WITH THE KIND OF TALENT THEY HAVE ASSEMBLED I CAN'T SEE THEM BEING BAD BUT YOU NEVER KNOW THERE ARE A LOT OF EGO'S IN HTAT LOCKER ROOM .

BUT I SEE THE ONE GUY WITH THE BIGGEST EGO THAT WILL TRUMP THEM ALL THAT CAN TALK THE TALK & WALK THE WALK IS MAYFIELD HE WILL BE THE GLUE TO SETTING THIS TEAM ON THE WINNING PATH !! 

They expect a rookie HC and two new coordinators to control these personalities? Alot of turnover,no culture,no process , JUST A COLLECTION OF TALENT.Beane and McDermott built a TEAM. 

I can just see this blowing up, all the media attention , a rookie regime , this team hasn't had a winning season in years . I could totally see them implode. This isn't the NBA

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

They expect a rookie HC and two new coordinators to control these personalities? Alot of turnover,no culture,no process , JUST A COLLECTION OF TALENT.Beane and McDermott built a TEAM. 

I can just see this blowing up, all the media attention , a rookie regime , this team hasn't had a winning season in years . I could totally see them implode. This isn't the NBA

This is a load of crap. Buffalo sign like 10 FA and somehow that is building a TEAM but trading for players isn't. Beckham's teammates love him. Baker's teammates love him. Hunt has never had any team issues.

If Buffalo had made these moves, no one would mention anything like what you just said. How is one team building and the other not? 

• Like (+1) 2

35 minutes ago, cle23 said:

This is a load of crap. Buffalo sign like 10 FA and somehow that is building a TEAM but trading for players isn't. Beckham's teammates love him. Baker's teammates love him. Hunt has never had any team issues.

If Buffalo had made these moves, no one would mention anything like what you just said. How is one team building and the other not? 

Buffalo has legit leaders that are heavily respected by their teammates.

Lorax. Shady . Frank Gore. Hyde/Poyer/Tre going into year 3 together. Dimarco. Hughes

Besides Tre , we're not relying on any young guys besides Tre and Edmunds to be leaders. No divas , no outlandish personalities , no crazy media distractions. 

Who does Cle have that resembles this type of leadership besides Baker.

Beckham was not liked in that locker room. He dissed his QB . Was a media ***** and nowhere near a leader or respected as a man.

• Like (+1) 1