Young Legs - RB David Montgomery - Iowa State

3 minutes ago, H2o said:

I doubt Baltimore moves him. Edwards is young and had a solid season last year. Ingram is pushing 30 and is likely just there to split carries. Baltimore is going to run the ball 40 times a game. 

totally but if they'd do it for a 4th and a 5th I wouldn't hesitate, Edwards is averaging 5.2 YPC and he's that guy you wish you had when it comes to goal line situations

• Like (+1) 1

It's definitely the perfect time for the Bills to pick a mid round rb prospect in the draft. I got my fingers crossed for Benny Snell

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JuoUf5hzffk

He carried the University of Kentucky team for the last couple of years. I'm surprised his draft stock isn't higher

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, KauaiBuffaloSports said:

It's definitely the perfect time for the Bills to pick a mid round rb prospect in the draft. I got my fingers crossed for Benny Snell

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JuoUf5hzffk

He carried the University of Kentucky team for the last couple of years. I'm surprised his draft stock isn't higher

I think his stock isn’t higher because from what I heard during his games is that he is viewed as a one dimensional back, but also wasn’t asked to do anything else while at Kentucky. 

• Like (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, H2o said:

Dexter Williams in the 3rd or 4th :thumbsup:

Dex is one of the fastest people in pads in the nation.

And he doesn’t have a lot of wear and tear on him either. Also, he was a 4 year guy which the McDermott values. I’d be very happy with him in a Bills uni. 

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, c-troop said:

i'm all for picking up a back in the draft, but i wonder what it would cost to pry Gus Edwards away from Baltimore?

they just picked up Mark Ingram and they have Alex Collins already also...

This guy is an absolute monster at 6-1' 238 lbs. 

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/E/EdwaGu00.htm

Alex Collins is a FA as far as I know. I like him, but would rather draft a guy at round 3-5.

Sounds cliche. but if you've watched a few of his games, he reminds me a lot of Fred Jackson.  Patient runner, good hands, solid blocking, and breaks alot of tackles.  he won't win many do it races or break many home run plays, but just really solid all around a player.  One of my favorite RBs in this clasd

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Captain Murica said:

And he doesn’t have a lot of wear and tear on him either. Also, he was a 4 year guy which the McDermott values. I’d be very happy with him in a Bills uni. 

Yeah, he was always the backup or in the dog house for some reason until this year. He got his life together and put everything on full display. He only ran a 4.57 at the combine, but the game tape shows he is surely faster than that. 

a bit of perspective on D Williams (ranked 17 among RB)

Dexter Williams, RB, Notre Dame
Height: 5-11. Weight: 215. Arm: 32.63. Hand: 9.5.
Projected 40 Time: 4.57.
Projected Round (2019): 3-5.

3/7/19: Williams did not get to shoulder the load for the Fighting Irish until his senior year, but he made the most of it by averaging 6.3 yards per carry for 995 yards and 12 touchdowns. He had 16 receptions for 133 yards and a touchdown as well. As a backup during his junior year, Williams averaged 9.2 yards per carry on only 39 attempts for 360 yards and four scores. Williams had a respectable week of practice at the Senior Bowl and had a similar showing at the combine.

And now points for D Montgomery (8th on Walter Football)

David Montgomery*, RB, Iowa State
Height: 5-11. Weight: 219.
Projected 40 Time: 4.62.
Projected Round (2019): 3-5.
3/7/19: There are some evaluators who like Montgomery. His draft stock was dealt a draft blow at the combine, where his 40 time gave credence to speed concerns. Montgomery averaged 4.7 yards per carry in 2018 for 1,216 yards with 13 touchdowns. He had 22 receptions for 157 yards as well.

8/28/18: Montgomery is a nice college back who runs hard and fights through contact to pick up extra yards. He may not have the speed to be an impact-making starter in the NFL, but he could be a solid rotational option. Montgomery is impressive in the passing game with his soft hands and understanding of how to get open. In the open field, he is tough for defensive backs to get on the ground. Montgomery averaged 4.7 yards per carry in 2017 for 1,094 yards with 11 touchdowns. He also caught 35 passes for 288 yards.

either would be a good set of young legs in round 3-5 IMO

Edited by RocCityRoller
  • Like (+1) 2

24 minutes ago, c-troop said:

i'm all for picking up a back in the draft, but i wonder what it would cost to pry Gus Edwards away from Baltimore?

they just picked up Mark Ingram and they have Alex Collins already also...

This guy is an absolute monster at 6-1' 238 lbs. 

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/E/EdwaGu00.htm

They released Collins after a run in with the law and terrible case of the fumbles iirc.  

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, RocCityRoller said:

Alex Collins is a FA as far as I know. I like him, but would rather draft a guy at round 3-5.

Yeah I was just reading that Collins crashed a car with 5oz's of marijuana and a handgun...

I can't see Ivory, Murphy or Ford being on the roster when training camp starts and if we draft one guy at 3-5 we still only have 3 backs locked in for 2019

Gore and McCoy are FA's in 2020...i wouldn't be mad if they sign a young promising back and draft a future guy to learn from the Vets

1 minute ago, Teddy KGB said:

They released Collins after a run in with the law and terrible case of the fumbles iirc.  

guys thats GUS EDWARDS and I was asking what it would take to pry him away from Baltimore, but seeing as they don't have Collins anymore i highly doubt that is possible at all

Edited by c-troop

I see McCoy having 'an in as starter'

Gore vs Ivory for backup in preseason, neither is a major cap hit, but offer vet upside.

Then add a 3-5 round pick. Buffalo selecting a RB 3-5 is warranted.

What Round 3-5 RB excites you?

We have D Montgomery and D Williams as potential fits.

2 minutes ago, Estro said:

Give me Darrell Henderson in the 3rd.  I love him.  He has the homerun ability that I want in a young RB prospect.

Multi-Dimensional and he posted a 4.49 (sixth fastest 40 time among rb's)

• Awesome! (+1) 1