Bortles released

2 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

That extension has to be one of the dumbest things an NFL team ever did- heightened by the complete lack of necessity.

wonder if he ends up anywhere..

Yep, that was dumb.  From spotrac:

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/jacksonville-jaguars/blake-bortles-14412/

Plenty of guaranteed money and also dead cap money.

5 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

That extension has to be one of the dumbest things an NFL team ever did- heightened by the complete lack of necessity.

What, overpaying a guy from one great performance?  Where have we seen that before (i'm looking at you Rob Johnson and kinda at you too Fitzy).

10 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

I think the XFL is hiring

28 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

Naa, hiring Nathaniel Hackett to be their OC was the dumbest move by Maroon. The last guy on earth I would want to help develop a young QB is Hackett. 

Another of Marrone's masterfully dumb moves was that the Huckster had no experience as an NFL OC in Buffalo in 2013 and yet the first season they had no experienced veteran QB on the roster and no QB coach with basically three rookie QBs on the roster. All three QBs failed.

38 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

You really want to make that statement within 24 hours of OBJ being traded after signing a big extension just last year?