A lot of Competition at WR For The Bills in 2019

Just now, BuffaloBill said:

I highly doubt this will occur - looking at OL or DL player who can immediately contribute.  WR’s take a couple of years to hit their stride, usually.  

I think if your rookie WR takes 2 years to contribute, you drafted the wrong WR.

36 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Hence why I think Zay will get traded if he doesnt find a way to hold a spot higher on the depth chart.  

I think if they can trade Zay, yes can see him gone.  If not he's on a cheap contract, so can see him sticking as a back up unless someone comes along unexpectedly and beats him out.  Also doubt based on events of last 24 hours we draft a WR unless very low.  But once contract is up, won't be resigned.

44 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

I am expecting Duke Williams to knock Isaiah out of top 6,

It is possible that all of the WRs Josh is practicing with in California except Foster are not on the roster day 1.

Tough call.  A NUMBAH WAHHHNNNN vs. McKittrick.  I love me some McKittrick, so the Duke has to show me.

4 minutes ago, Magnum Force said:

I wouldn't mind Chris Conley on a reasonable contract.  He is tall, fast and strong with great vertical leaping ability.

Pre-draft measurables
Ht Wt Arm length Hand size 40-yard dash 10-yd split 20-yd split 20-ss 3-cone Vert jump Broad BP
6 ft 2 in
(1.88 m)
213 lb
(97 kg)
33 34 in
(0.86 m)
9 78 in
(0.25 m)
4.35 s 1.52 s 2.54 s 4.30 s 7.06 s 45 in
(1.14 m)
11 ft 7 in
(3.53 m)
18 reps

1 hour ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

I think if they can trade Zay, yes can see him gone.  If not he's on a cheap contract, so can see him sticking as a back up unless someone comes along unexpectedly and beats him out.  Also doubt based on events of last 24 hours we draft a WR unless very low.  But once contract is up, won't be resigned.

I fully agree with this

I’m confident that Brown, Beasley, Roberts, and Foster will be on the 53 man roster. IMO, Zay and McKenzie are in that bottom group with Duke and company competing for the final spot.

Edit: At least, this is my thought before seeing Roberts' contract, but it seems relatively safe.

Edited by DCOrange

11 hours ago, MacGyver said:

Bills have not had a physical specimen WR since Moulds (TO doesn't count).  We have had enough of the smaller guys.

I'm actually pining for hockenson #9

He is a serious weapon in the passing game, he's a crazy physical and talented blocker, plays hard nosed football, goes 110% every play, and our te position is a tire fire.

• Like (+1) 2

11 hours ago, MacGyver said:

I think if your rookie WR takes 2 years to contribute, you drafted the wrong WR.

Didn't it take Moulds about that time? Jerry Rice took time to become great. Same with Reed. I totally agree with you MacGyver, I want that big, physical, fast receiver. Quiet as it's kept, I want the Bills to draft Metcalf. Even Michael Irvin said he's the second coming to Julio Jones. If it takes a year or so for him to become Julio so be it, but if the potential is evident in the scouting department eyes then pull the trigger

31 minutes ago, SouthNYfan said:

I'm actually pining for hockenson #9

He is a serious weapon in the passing game, he's a crazy physical and talented blocker, plays hard nosed football, goes 110% every play, and our te position is a tire fire.

He reminds me a lot of Zach Ertz. I think he can be that kind of weapon for Allen. 

• Like (+1) 2

Competition is good. Would like to see Bills draft a wr in the 3rd or 4th, possibly the 2nd if they have that wr rated highly. There is a lot of depth at wr and maybe an Isabella or Samuel slips to 3rd round. They would be under no pressure to start this year but could eventual slide into a starter spot in their 2nd or 3rd year replacing a veteran like Brown or Beasley.