KR/WR Andre Roberts (Jets) to Bills

10 minutes ago, Inigo Montoya said:

I think Duke Williams stays because he is the only "big" receiver and may carve out a niche as the red-zone-go-up-and-get-it guy.  I think McKenzie will be the odd man out and Ray Ray would be next on the chopping block. 

I agree. Ray Ray and McKenzie are as good as gone now IMO. Duke gets the last spot unless they draft another big body WR, but it is likely not a priority at this point. 

2 hours ago, RocCityRoller said:

Sean took a team that no business being in the playoffs to 9-7 and did sneak into the playoffs.

He is superb at putting avg defensive players and making them play as a whole unit.

McKelvin and McGahee

who is a WR/CB with a Mc?

Never mind we have Roberts.

He took a team with Tyrod Taylor as its starting QB to the playoffs. And don't forget. Mcdermott and Beane really are a team. They work together well and make each other better.

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Pete said:

Great move!  Holy shi!.  Going into FA I thought we had holes at C, G, T, TE, WR, CB, Edge, and KR-if we sign Ziggy- Beane would cover each one of those!  Never could I see us adding so much talent pre-draft.  Now we truly can go BPA.  Kudos Beane!

Thats what he said he was gonna do.

5 hours ago, BillsFan4 said:

Love it!

http://www.nfl.com/player/andreroberts/497320/careerstats

This dude had almost 1200 kick return yards last season! 1,174 to be exact! 

averaged almost 30yds per return, he was top 3 in both kick and punt return, scored on 2 returns, was named to the pro bowl + named all-pro.

He was a big factor in the jets having the #1 ranked special teams unit last season. I can’t believe they let him walk...

Wow. That's vvery impressive. Murphy had 13 returns and led the team with 24.9 yards per . No player had over 10 yards per punt! 

As a team, we had ZERO punt/kickoff returns!

This is a helluva mood to get a guy that consistently produces and he instantly improves both units. Kick/punt TD or inside the red zone are potentially game and momentum changing plays. If you can get 5+ for the season , that could have a huge impact on your final record

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, MrEpsYtown said:

Yeah this is a great move. The guy has been excellent for a few years and maybe we might actually get a return at some point, especially with our new special teams coach. Last return I remeber was Terrence McGee.

C.J. Spiller did a good job too. But yes, been way too long...

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Stank_Nasty said:

Mckelvin housed 3 punts combined in 11/12

People forget how dangerous of a returner Mckelvin was because of the stupid fumbles he would have every once in awhile. Another guy I loved and could take it to the house at any time was Roscoe Parish. He was so tiny and quick in space. Perfect for punt returns.

Good addition - our returners were not good a year ago.  We were forced to use Hyde as a Punt catcher at times last year.  We were middle of the road to straight up bad last year at kickoff and punt returns. Returner helps special teams for sure - hopefully Hauschka can get back to form.  

Punter should still be looked at - Schmidt and Darr were awful, and Bojorquez was pretty inconsistent.

Edited by dneveu