3 minutes ago, Pete said:

Beasley

Brown

Foster

Zay

Williams

Roberts

IMO we are drafting TE before WR

There's a lot of upside there, but only Beasley, Brown, and Roberts are even locks to make the team.  And Roberts is mainly a special teams guy.

Foster came on strong, and I like him, but he's far from having arrived.  Let's face it, he's an UDFA that we cut during the year.  Zay had a solid year, but he's been a disappointment.  It wouldn't be a shock if he were let go, I'm not sure how much of a fit he is for this offense.  And Williams just came from Canada- not exactly a sure thing.

I'd say we are going to draft a size receiver in the middle rounds.  A guy like Anthony Johnson, or JJ Arcega-Whiteside, or David Sills, or Wesley, there are just tons of guys.

One thing's for certain, this offense is going to look completely different.

2 minutes ago, SWATeam said:

There's a lot of upside there, but only Beasley, Brown, and Roberts are even locks to make the team.  And Roberts is mainly a special teams guy.

Foster came on strong, and I like him, but he's far from having arrived.  Let's face it, he's an UDFA that we cut during the year.  Zay had a solid year, but he's been a disappointment.  It wouldn't be a shock if he were let go, I'm not sure how much of a fit he is for this offense.  And Williams just came from Canada- not exactly a sure thing.

I'd say we are going to draft a size receiver in the middle rounds.  A guy like Anthony Johnson, or JJ Arcega-Whiteside, or David Sills, or Wesley, there are just tons of guys.

One thing's for certain, this offense is going to look completely different.

Foster is a lock. He would be claimed by every team in the league if released.  

Not saying he he has arrived, but he’s definitely a lock for the roster in 2019

Edited by FluffHead
  • Like (+1) 5

It's great to upgrade at any position. Bringing in the top guy, even at long snapper, is an improvement. 

That being said, I'm not nearly as excited as some of you are about this pick up. In a league where more than 50% of kicks result in touchbacks, im not too sure how much of an up grade this contributes to the team as a whole. 

I'd be pumped to see some kick return TDs, which we've been starved for in recent years. But in perspective, this signing will have little impact. His average return yards on KO were about 29 (far better than all others). But is that 4 yards on average the difference between a successful offensive drive leading to points instead of a three and out? Probably not. 

5 minutes ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

It's great to upgrade at any position. Bringing in the top guy, even at long snapper, is an improvement. 

That being said, I'm not nearly as excited as some of you are about this pick up. In a league where more than 50% of kicks result in touchbacks, im not too sure how much of an up grade this contributes to the team as a whole. 

I'd be pumped to see some kick return TDs, which we've been starved for in recent years. But in perspective, this signing will have little impact. His average return yards on KO were about 29 (far better than all others). But is that 4 yards on average the difference between a successful offensive drive leading to points instead of a three and out? Probably not. 

He basically won the 2nd jets game for them in buffalo. If he can have an impact like that in just one or 2 games it’s 100% worth being excited about. 

Edited by Stank_Nasty
  • Like (+1) 4

26 minutes ago, Inigo Montoya said:

I think it will be an open competition for every guard and tackle position this year.  Bobby Jackson is a new coach and has no prejudices or loyalty to anyone on the roster.  I expect Nsekhe will end up winning the left tackle spot and Dawkins will end up at right tackle this season.  

A bold prediction but do not see Dawkins moving to RT because of Nsekhe.  Maybe a 1st round draft pick but not Nsekhe.

3 minutes ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

Don’t forget he returns punts too. That’s another couple of touches per game. 

Love it!

http://www.nfl.com/player/andreroberts/497320/careerstats

This dude had almost 1200 kick return yards last season! 1,174 to be exact! 

averaged almost 30yds per return, he was top 3 in both kick and punt return, scored on 2 returns, was named to the pro bowl + named all-pro.

He was a big factor in the jets having the #1 ranked special teams unit last season. I can’t believe they let him walk...

Edited by BillsFan4

I think Roberts' addition makes the drafting of an early round WR pretty unlikely. 

Foster
Brown
Beasley
Jones
McKenzie
Williams
Roberts

That's already 1 more WR than the Bills can keep. Roberts is probably just about assured a roster spot due to his KR abilities. Bills rarely carry more than 6 WRs on a roster. So that leaves 5 spots. Just not sure where a draftee fits in UNLESS they plan on trading/releasing Zay Jones.

23 minutes ago, Elite Poster said:

I'm a Brandon Beane guy.

He is an absolute baller. Sean still needs to make a believer of me...

Sean took a team that no business being in the playoffs to 9-7 and did sneak into the playoffs.

He is superb at putting avg defensive players and making them play as a whole unit.

24 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

Mckelvin housed 3 punts combined in 11/12

McKelvin and McGahee

who is a WR/CB with a Mc?

Never mind we have Roberts.

Boy, what a Jets-y thing to do... 

They had the #1 special teams unit in the NFL. The 2 biggest factors in that - their all-pro return man and their all-pro kicker. 

So, what do the Jets do? Let both walk in free agency even though they had the 2nd most cap space in the NFL. 

They let 2 more of their biggest ST contributors go, too. (4 total)

That franchise doesn’t seem to be run very well. 

Edited by BillsFan4
  • Like (+1) 3

10 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

He basically won the 2nd jets game for them in buffalo. If he can have an impact like that in just one or 2 games it’s 100% worth being excited about. 

Any team that is relying on their return man to win a game against last year's Bills, is not a team im proud of. 

I get that he could offer some great returns. So can other guys. Some people on Twitter are jumping up and down like we just signed Dante Hall back when he used to throw up the X. 

11 minutes ago, Bills2ref said:

Don’t forget he returns punts too. That’s another couple of touches per game. 

Good point, I'll have to go back and look at those numbers. 

4 minutes ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

Any team that is relying on their return man to win a game against last year's Bills, is not a team im proud of. 

Good job totally missing the point. What the hell, dude.

Regardless of the quality of teams involved he showed the ability to sway the tide in more than one game. That’s an asset. 

Edited by Stank_Nasty
  • Like (+1) 1