RT Ryan Schrader cut by ATL

He lost his starting job with the dirty birds, so it made no sense to pay him top-five RT money. He may be done. The concussion in 2017 was a bad one.

He is NOT a long-term solution. He's over 30.

If anyone here is old enough to have attended our first AFC championship game against the Raiders, it would be hard to have someone named Schrader on the team and not harken back to the good old days. Who here remembers the Ralph echoing with chants of "SCHROEDER! SCHROEDER! SCHROEDER!"? Inevitably Jay Schroeder would then throw a pick or fumble or get sacked. 53-3 baby!

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Florida Bills Fanatic said:

You're right. I was there and froze my a__ off.  Raiders couldn't get back to the bench heaters fast enough.

I was there too.  In retrospect, I think it would have been a different game had Bo Jackson's career not ended the week before.

• Like (+1) 1

Raiders scored the first points. When the Bills got the ball they moved it down the field methodically but quickly. Raiders were so gassed they had to call a TO on that first drive. I had a party at my house and they kept interrupting the broadcast with news on Desert Storm. Every time the game came back on we had scored again.

Edited by 3rdnlng

3 minutes ago, DBilz2500 said:

You think Bo Jackson would’ve made a 48 point difference? 

No, but I don't know that the game would have gotten as out of hand as quickly if Schroeder didn't have to throw that much.  We gave up 100 yards to OJ Anderson the week after, it's not inconceivable to wonder of we would have struggled to stop Bo Jackson.

19 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

Raiders scored the first points. When the Bills got the ball they moved it down the field methodically but quickly. Raiders were so gassed they had to call a TO on that first drive. I had a party at my house and they kept interrupting the broadcast with news on Desert Storm. Every time the game came back on we had scored again.

Actually, we took the opening drive down for a TD. Raiders drove down for a FG, we then score the next 44 points.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, klos63 said:

Actually, we took the opening drive down for a TD. Raiders drove down for a FG, we then score the next 44 points.

OK, so after the first two possessions it was 7-3, Good Guys? Now I'm going to have to pull out a VCR and the tape of the game. It'll be worth it to see that look on Art Shell's face when he had to call the TO because of the no huddle. Selective memory, eh?

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, turftoe said:

If anyone here is old enough to have attended our first AFC championship game against the Raiders, it would be hard to have someone names Schrader on the team and not harken back to the good old days. Who here remembers the Ralph echoing with chants of "SCHROEDER! SCHROEDER! SCHROEDER!"? Inevitably Jay Schroeder would then throw a pick or fumble or get sacked. 53-3 baby!

Shirley you jest. Thousands of us are. I was there. We played them on SNF earlier in the year, winning in another stirring 4th quarter comeback. It’s why the Championship Game was at RICH Stadium.

• Like (+1) 1

Ahh yes, I do recall that.  A couple big comeback wins. I remember screaming my head off in the Broncos game when Nate Odomes blocked a field goal and Cornelius Bennett picked it up and returned it for a touchdown. What a team we had that year. Should have won it all!