I believe the competitive landscape in NFL is about to change dramatically

45 minutes ago, Mark92 said:

This is going to be a very important draft for the Bills.  If they can work a slight trade back and pick up an extra 2nd that would be perfect.  4 picks in the first 3 rounds would fill the rest of the holes with starters if they hit.  

...I'd venture to say with 10 picks and FA $$$, it could easily be one of THE most pivotal years in the last decade+ or perhaps even back to the Polian era.....McBeane hired a staff of 17+ all on Pegula's nickel, comprised of several NFL VP's of Personnel or Directors of Player Personnel elsewhere.....did one helluva job in 2018 with Prohel the only draftee casualty....and McBeane & Gang have been excellent in the (PRE) FA period......stay tuned because the "best may be yet to come"..........

• Thank you (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, mjt328 said:

Yep.  There are two keys to this dynamic:

1.  Getting the proper GM/Front Office in place

2.  Getting the proper QB in place

I think you can definitely see a (positive) change in direction over the last 2-3 seasons, particularly with the Browns and Bills.  They now have both pieces in place.

The Colts had the QB already, but the change in GM has made all the difference in the world in surrounding him with talent.

The Jets may have got their QB, but I'm skeptical about their new GM.

The Chiefs, Ravens and Texans just had changes at the top, and I'm curious if that hurts or helps long-term in surrounding their young QBs.

I'd add:

3. HC and staff.  If the coach and his staff can't establish schemes and a culture that utilizes the players and puts them in a position to succeed, it won't matter who the team picks up via FA or draft.

This is why teams like NE* consistently succeed and a big reason why we have failed.

42 minutes ago, Success said:

No one wants to say it, but this is the deal - Bills and Jets will be fighting for the AFCE for the next  decade+.

Pats are toast.

No one WILL say it. I’m fairly certain the Pats* just won the Super Bowl last month, playing in their 3rd straight.

1 hour ago, Logic said:

Yeah, the AFC QB picture looks pretty stacked for the next two decades:

Patrick Mahomes
Baker Mayfield
Andrew Luck
Deshaun Watson
Sam Darnold
Josh Allen
Lamar Jackson (who I think will end up flaming out, but we'll see).
Kyler Murray?

Kyler Murray?  

I guess the Raiders could be a possibility,  pretty sure AZ takes him tho

Edited by 315Mafia

50 minutes ago, DasNootz said:

I still expect a big signing to come.  The Bills, Jets and Browns all see that there is a huge window right now to jump from the outhouse to the penthouse.  This is where you push your chips in for better or worse. 

I’m not sure I expect a big signing to come. I think they blew their load when they attempted to trade for Brown and it backfired. Beasley and Brown were definitely plan B. I’m not sure there is anyone else out there they could or would make a splash with that I’d say is a “big signing”. 

But you are 100% correct about the outhouse to the penthouse comment. I’d also add to it that it’s McDs 3rd year and I don’t necessarily think he’s on the hot seat but I think he might be pressured to make the next jump or this could be the final year where he doesn’t have to worry about his job if he doesn’t have some serious development. 

25 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

No one WILL say it. I’m fairly certain the Pats* just won the Super Bowl last month, playing in their 3rd straight.

Yeah. I wouldn’t count out the Pats as long as either Brady or Hoodie are there. 

1 hour ago, DasNootz said:

I still expect a big signing to come.  The Bills, Jets and Browns all see that there is a huge window right now to jump from the outhouse to the penthouse.  This is where you push your chips in for better or worse. 

I don't necessarily think go for broke is what you do.  I think you surround your young QB with talent so that he can learn and progress.  Then if/when he becomes good enough to earn the big contract, he's good enough to do with less. 

Edited by White Linen

3 hours ago, HuSeYiN_NYC said:

Who? Saquon? No... i dont play FFL but if i did, I'd stay far away from him this year...

I would Barkley is other worldly.  And i think Shurmur is a good enough offensive mind to scheme him free.

5 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

Not ALL of these guys are bodies.....

Do a little research

Mitch Morse and John Brown come to mind

4 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

It seems like only a year or two ago that many here were HOWLING about how "the NCAA doesn't/can't prepare QBs for the NFL anymore!!".

Colleges are running pro style offenses which has allowed Receivers/RB’s to acclimate quickly. Offensive linemen seems to take a little more time. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

I truly believe there is a major re-shuffling coming at the top of the NFL over the next few seasons.  Many of the "typical" teams at the top are going to have QB/leadership changes, (Pittsburgh, NE, Chargers, Giants, Green Bay, Saints (soon) etc) while others are starting to quickly re-build and will be in the play-off mix starting this season. (Bills, Browns, Jets, 49'ers, Raiders? etc)

To me it really seems like there will be a major shift in the perennial play-off picture over the next couple of seasons and I really hope the Bills will be part of that new group of power-houses.  The pieces are definitely starting to come together.

Cowboys are going to be a power house.

They re-signed Jason Witten.?

4 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

How dare you speak such blasphamous statements.  At the first tailgate you shall set on fire and cast through a table.  Heritic?

Edited by formerlyofCtown

4 hours ago, WhyteDwarf said:

Brady is too self centered to be a good color analyst.  Plus I'm sure his wife already has his retirement planned for him.

I think she plans on sacrificing him to her demon gods. 

That may be why he refuses to retire.  Lets burn the witch and he will retire?

5 hours ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

I truly believe there is a major re-shuffling coming at the top of the NFL over the next few seasons.  Many of the "typical" teams at the top are going to have QB/leadership changes, (Pittsburgh, NE, Chargers, Giants, Green Bay, Saints (soon) etc) while others are starting to quickly re-build and will be in the play-off mix starting this season. (Bills, Browns, Jets, 49'ers, Raiders? etc)

To me it really seems like there will be a major shift in the perennial play-off picture over the next couple of seasons and I really hope the Bills will be part of that new group of power-houses.  The pieces are definitely starting to come together.

I like your thoughts but think it may still be 2-3 years from now before those top teams take a back seat. I think the Bills are still 2 years away from moving up and that's a big IF JA steps up his game and becomes the man for us.  If he doesn't then we are stuck in 8-8 limbo for another 3-4 years!  I'm hopeful he will progress this season with his new weapons and improved line. 

Go Bills!!!