I believe the competitive landscape in NFL is about to change dramatically

15 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

So what?  They guy has 21 wins over 4 years.  Wisnton had 4000 yards 3 seasons ago.  He was injured the next year on and off then he again assaulted a woman in a car and "was not allowed to play", as you euphemistically put it, for 3 games. 

They've gone no where since that team drafted him.  But hey...3 years ago he threw for 4000 yards!!  He might throw for 5000 yards this season, and still only 24 TDs, 20 INTs and what, rack up 5 wins?  7? 

Winston starting again for Tampa is not part of any "changing scenery".  Just more of the same for them.

1. you are exaggerating. Jameis has never thrown 20 INT's in a season. Peyton Manning has though. Actually, Peyton was worse in the INT department in his first 4 years than Jameis.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/play-index/pcm_finder.cgi?request=1&sum=1&player_id1_hint=Jameis+Winston&player_id1_select=Jameis+Winston&fromyear_1=2015&toyear_1=2018&player_id1=WinsJa00&idx=players&player_id2_hint=Peyton+Manning&player_id2_select=Peyton+Manning&fromyear_2=1998&toyear_2=2001&player_id2=MannPe00&idx=players

one thing you will notice is Jameis gets sacked... a lot. 

2. what would it matter if he threw for 5000 yards and put up 50 TD's if they have no defence? You expect him to win 16 straight shoot-outs against teams with actual defences?

3. on what planet do regular season wins out weight QB rating, completion percentage yards and TD's?

4. Lastly, I can see you have a bigger problem with his personality than his performance and have decided to put him under a microscope because of it, that's fine.

Edited by c-troop

1 minute ago, c-troop said:

1. you are exaggerating. Jameis has never thrown 20 INT's in a season. Peyton Manning has though. Actually, Peyton was worse in his first 4 years than Jameis.

2. what would it matter if he threw for 5000 yards and put up 50 TD's if they have no defence? You expect him to win 16 straight shoot-outs against teams with actual defences?

3. on what planet do regular season wins out weight QB rating, completion percentage yards and TD's?

4. Lastly, I can see you have a bigger problem with his personality than his performance and have decided to put him under a microscope because of it, that's fine.

1.  If Winston had any actual similarity in team or productivity success to Manning, fans in Tampa would be overjoyed. 

2.  yes, bad defenses hurt all teams.  In 3 of his last 4 losses this year, the Bucs scored 14, 12 and 20 points (opponents averaged 25)  Not much of a shootout.

3.  the planet you are asking about is called "Earth".  It's where the NFL is located.  In the NFL, QBs, ultimately, are judged by the success they bring to their teams---and where having 2 "4000 yard seasons" in a 4 year career doesn't amount to much anymore.  But you're right, in Drew Bledsoe's day, it would have been something special.

4.  you're wrong yet again.  My opinion on Winston, pretty clearly stated now in several posts to you, is that bigger problem is with his performance.

keep digging, you're almost completely covered up

16 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

1.  If Winston had any actual similarity in team or productivity success to Manning, fans in Tampa would be overjoyed. 

2.  yes, bad defenses hurt all teams.  In 3 of his last 4 losses this year, the Bucs scored 14, 12 and 20 points (opponents averaged 25)  Not much of a shootout.

3.  the planet you are asking about is called "Earth".  It's where the NFL is located.  In the NFL, QBs, ultimately, are judged by the success they bring to their teams---and where having 2 "4000 yard seasons" in a 4 year career doesn't amount to much anymore.  But you're right, in Drew Bledsoe's day, it would have been something special.

4.  you're wrong yet again.  My opinion on Winston, pretty clearly stated now in several posts to you, is that bigger problem is with his performance.

keep digging, you're almost completely covered up

You're getting emotional now, and it's not worth debating with someone who refuses to look at the sheer volume of statistics and focuses on the Win/Loss column of one player for a team sport.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/play-index/pcm_finder.cgi?request=1&sum=1&player_id1_hint=Jameis+Winston&player_id1_select=Jameis+Winston&fromyear_1=2015&toyear_1=2018&player_id1=WinsJa00&idx=players&player_id2_hint=Peyton+Manning&player_id2_select=Peyton+Manning&fromyear_2=1998&toyear_2=2001&player_id2=MannPe00&idx=players

I'll post this here for you again for you to pick apart. If you can't see the value in Jameis Winston as a long term NFL prospect when comparing him with one of the greatest of all time then I don't know what else to say.

This thread was about the changing face of the NFL and I believe Jameis has the same chance if not a better one than most of the QB's posted on page one and two. 

You don't, and it's not my job to convince you.
You can pick up:
Sam Darnold
Josh Allen
Lamar Jackson (who I think will end up flaming out, but we'll see).
Kyler Murray?
for your fantasy league and fade Jameis and go out sad, that's not my problem.

Edited by c-troop

11 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

Jameis Winston is Ryan Tannehill with better receivers. 

True and I guess the real question is are they bad quarterbacks on bad teams or are they good quarterbacks on bad teams?

They both get sacked a ton and their teams struggle to produce wins. 

20 hours ago, Logic said:

Yeah, the AFC QB picture looks pretty stacked for the next two decades:

Patrick Mahomes
Baker Mayfield
Andrew Luck
Deshaun Watson
Sam Darnold
Josh Allen
Kyler Murray?

Kyler Murray to the AFC is a long shot at best.  Rosen has a better shot of ending up there.

It's wonderful to see a list like that with Tom Brady not on it (nor does he belong on it).

34 minutes ago, c-troop said:

You're getting emotional now, and it's not worth debating with someone who refuses to look at the sheer volume of statistics and focuses on the Win/Loss column of one player for a team sport.

I'll post this here for you again for you to pick apart. If you can't see the value in Jameis Winston as a long term NFL prospect when comparing him with one of the greatest of all time then I don't know what else to say.

This thread was about the changing face of the NFL and I believe Jameis has the same chance if not a better one than most of the QB's posted on page one and two. 

You don't, and it's not my job to convince you.
You can pick up:
Sam Darnold
Josh Allen
Kyler Murray?
for your fantasy league and fade Jameis and go out sad, that's not my problem.

Nice comps.  Despite only tossing for only 1800 more yards, Manning had 26% more TDs and 50% more wins.

Fantasy football! So that's what you're about.  Here's a tip--find a league where they only points a QB can earn is with passing yards.  Then maybe Winston would be a semi-solid pick in an under-4500-yard-QB league.

8 minutes ago, c-troop said:

True and I guess the real question is are they bad quarterbacks on bad teams or are they good quarterbacks on bad teams?

They both get sacked a ton and their teams struggle to produce wins. 

Other than that, he's a "dramatic landscape changer"...

You more accurately labeled this 5th year starter as a "prospect", although he's getting a little ripe for that designation.  But I would stick to actual prospects like Allen and Darnold right now.  At we don't know yet if they are low impact QBs....

I can believe it's not your job to be convincing--no need to even mention that.

• Haha (+1) 1