I believe the competitive landscape in NFL is about to change dramatically

I truly believe there is a major re-shuffling coming at the top of the NFL over the next few seasons.  Many of the "typical" teams at the top are going to have QB/leadership changes, (Pittsburgh, NE, Chargers, Giants, Green Bay, Saints (soon) etc) while others are starting to quickly re-build and will be in the play-off mix starting this season. (Bills, Browns, Jets, 49'ers, Raiders? etc)

To me it really seems like there will be a major shift in the perennial play-off picture over the next couple of seasons and I really hope the Bills will be part of that new group of power-houses.  The pieces are definitely starting to come together.

• Like (+1) 2

This is going to be a very important draft for the Bills.  If they can work a slight trade back and pick up an extra 2nd that would be perfect.  4 picks in the first 3 rounds would fill the rest of the holes with starters if they hit.  

• Like (+1) 2

Yeah, the AFC QB picture looks pretty stacked for the next two decades:

Patrick Mahomes
Baker Mayfield
Andrew Luck
Deshaun Watson
Sam Darnold
Josh Allen
Lamar Jackson (who I think will end up flaming out, but we'll see).
Kyler Murray?

4 minutes ago, Logic said:

Yeah, the AFC QB picture looks pretty stacked for the next two decades:

Patrick Mahomes
Baker Mayfield
Andrew Luck
Deshaun Watson
Sam Darnold
Josh Allen
Lamar Jackson (who I think will end up flaming out, but we'll see).
Kyler Murray?

I agree (and I agree about Jackson) but I will still be excited to see others, like Brady, Rivers, Big Ben etc.. retire our head to the booth.

13 minutes ago, Mark92 said:

This is going to be a very important draft for the Bills.  If they can work a slight trade back and pick up an extra 2nd that would be perfect.  4 picks in the first 3 rounds would fill the rest of the holes with starters if they hit.  

what if the player they want is there at 9?

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, nucci said:

what if the player they want is there at 9?

I think they need to use the pick and not trade down this time.  This team needs higher level talent vs bodies.  This FA period was all about bodies it seems...

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

While this was an exciting free agency period, nothing has changed yet. 

The top teams are still the top teams. 

It has the look of some “losing” teams possibly changing the culture but until the games are played it don’t mean much.

I hope to see some changing of the guard this season but I’m not holding my breath 

Yep.  There are two keys to this dynamic:

1.  Getting the proper GM/Front Office in place

2.  Getting the proper QB in place

I think you can definitely see a (positive) change in direction over the last 2-3 seasons, particularly with the Browns and Bills.  They now have both pieces in place.

The Colts had the QB already, but the change in GM has made all the difference in the world in surrounding him with talent.

The Jets may have got their QB, but I'm skeptical about their new GM.

The Chiefs, Ravens and Texans just had changes at the top, and I'm curious if that hurts or helps long-term in surrounding their young QBs.

16 minutes ago, WhyteDwarf said:

I think they need to use the pick and not trade down this time.  This team needs higher level talent vs bodies.  This FA period was all about bodies it seems...

I concur

1 minute ago, Mark92 said:

Then that's what they will do.  Just giving my opinion.  Thought that's what we do around here ?.  

It is....we also question and discuss other's opinions....

• Haha (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Success said:

No one wants to say it, but this is the deal - Bills and Jets will be fighting for the AFCE for the next  decade+.

Pats are toast.

This would be fantastic.

And I will add that I like it when the Browns and Raiders and Bills and Jets are relevant.  Can't say I know why.

• Like (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

I agree (and I agree about Jackson) but I will still be excited to see others, like Brady, Rivers, Big Ben etc.. retire our head to the booth.

Knowing our luck, Brady will head to the booth and only do Bills games

• Haha (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, WhyteDwarf said:

You may very well be correct.  Depending on who is still on the board at 9, attractiveness of the offer to trade down, and who projects to still be available at the trade down pick, Beane could do almost anything.  He is hard to predict.  Bills could use a difference maker but they could also use multiple good players from later in the first round or from day 2 of the draft.  I have confidence that he will make a good decision based on all the variables when the Bills are on the clock.