Sean McDermott weighs in on new players, Antonio Brown

32 minutes ago, WhyteDwarf said:

I guess go ahead and swallow that spoonful if you want to. AB blew the thing up because he didn't want to play in Buffalo, period.

You guys are both wrong. Bills blew it up and it was about money. Think about the motivations of everyone involved. Why did AB go nuclear on us? It was to save face. Even if he was never going to come here, it wasn't in his best interest to say that because we were one of only a few teams with oodles of cap space, the need for a big time WR, and the willingness to also part with draft capital to grease the trade wheels. His agent would have much preferred to leverage us into a better deal with whomever AB wanted to sign with. It would be negligence on a grand scale if Rosenhaus didn't have that exact conversation with AB going into this.

Bills made inquiries with the Steelers and Rosenhaus. We were prepared to meet Steelers' asking price but not AB's, so we walked away. When the report got out, AB crapped on Buffalo to save face because they couldn't use us anymore. It's not a coincidence that after all that talk about AB not caring about money because he's made 70M or whatever, that Oakland had to re-do his contract to make him the highest paid wr in the league. It was about money the whole time, as it so often is. 

Edited by VW82
  • Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Buffalophil1948 said:

Whats that saying " you build it they will come". I like what McBeane are building

It's "build it and he will come" from Field of Dreams, but nice reference.

Its pretty obvious that the Bills pulled out of the deal.  Yet some still want to spin this narrative that Brown refused to play here.  We have heard from everyone involved that there was never a deal, Buffalo pulled out.  Even Mayock talked about how Steelers wanted a certain pick, they pulled out over it.  Then Buffalo got close but pulled out of the deal, when that happened Pitt had to drop its asking price and Raiders entered back in.  

Every single thing with everyone really close and involved has said that Buffalo nixed this deal, not AB.  Media, with all these "anonymous" sources made their own narrative because it gets more clicks if you can make something funny like mocking the Bills as if they got ditched on Prom Night.  

Beane has said it, Browns agent has said it, Mayock has said it, McD has said it.  Yet others still prefer to assume it went down different because of some fake news stories. Just like all the other fake news stories going around regarding players and teams.  

• Like (+1) 1

23 hours ago, WhyteDwarf said:

I guess go ahead and swallow that spoonful if you want to. AB blew the thing up because he didn't want to play in Buffalo, period.

I Guess I need to start reporting more posts.  Was never my thing though.

Oh my just as I said you are completely and utterly wrong:

https://mobile.twitter.com/Cover_1_/status/1106309672787693569

On 3/13/2019 at 4:44 PM, Doc said:

I didn't/don't want either.  With a young guy like Josh they'd have been whining about getting the ball on every play. 

Id be real torn up about josh throwing a player like that the ball 10 times on Sunday....

On 3/13/2019 at 2:42 PM, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

..thank God it was NOT the "BBB Diva Squad".........Brown, Bell and Beckham.......

The bottom line is this diva was never going to a team that didn't match his enormous ego. We dodged a bullet. He'll put up his usual numbers for a couple years and then his attitude and locker room deficiencies will rear its ugly head.... Enjoy Vegas Big Chest, you deserve each other. 

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

The bottom line is this diva was never going to a team that didn't match his enormous ego. We dodged a bullet. He'll put up his usual numbers for a couple years and then his attitude and locker room deficiencies will rear its ugly head.... Enjoy Vegas Big Chest, you deserve each other. 

I would rather have the A+ players on my team over the B+ blue collar type. 

4 hours ago, NoSaint said:

Id be real torn up about josh throwing a player like that the ball 10 times on Sunday....

Again with the way he acted in Pgh, I don't want the potential nightmare that could come with him.  I'd rather they develop their own AB in Foster.

2 hours ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

short sited views...

that benching lit a fire under Tuhrod's ass for a few weeks.  sadly that fire went out 

Actually, I was referring to the Chargers game of this past season.