Sean McDermott weighs in on new players, Antonio Brown

52 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

“You always look. It doesn't mean we pull the trigger,” McDermott said. “Somewhere in the process of looking, whether it's early or late in the process, when you come across things that tell you it's not going to work out for one reason or another, then you go on to the next one. But for us not to look would be, at times, ignorant. You hear things, but let's do our due diligence and our research and make sure. At the end of the day, you see the end result of that due diligence.”

McCoach managed to get the word "process" in two times in the same sentence.  Well done.  No doubt, he will be ready for OTAs and the regular season.  He just has to go through the process.

Edited by Peter

9 minutes ago, billsfan_34 said:

Atta Boy- hopefully you were being fanned off as well ?

..now you've done it...here's your pre-dinner visual.......a 20 something shows up at the pool in a thong bikini with a butt bigger then mine(NEVER thought it was humanly possible; hell Evil Kinevel refused to jump it)...takes a front row chaise and crawls up on it "facing" the pool and pool bar.....clueless that the pool and pool bar "onlookers" were speechless (well, almost but this is a PG-13 MB).........

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, WhyteDwarf said:

I bet ppl would have thought the same thing about McCoy before he showed up, a selfish player yadda.

OBJ is too primadonna, AB just wanted out of Pittsburgh, those are different things IMO.

McCoy is a selfish player, and kind of a crappy person. But that's fine, because he works hard and if he plays well the team does well. RB's can be selfish (unless they want to sit out an entire year).

53 minutes ago, WhyteDwarf said:

It's pretty tough to get guys with level of name recognition to come to Buffalo.

Another account? Cmon man be better. It’s not hard read what Sean stayed. They originally inquired due to ABs performance on the field. Then they started their due diligence (I.e. checking him out other than football abilities) at which point they didn’t pull the trigger. It most assuredly wasn’t money. They have proven they aren’t affraid. So stop with all that it’s hard to get so and so to Buffalo. It’s a tired worn out and quite frankly ignorant statement. 

9 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

..now you've done it...here's your pre-dinner visual.......a 20 something shows up at the pool in a thong bikini with a butt bigger then mine(NEVER thought it was humanly possible; hell Evil Kinevel refused to jump it)...takes a front row chaise and crawls up on it "facing" the pool and pool bar.....clueless that the pool and pool bar "onlookers" were speechless (well, almost but this is a PG-13 MB).........

So, your sayin’ im coming along for the ride next time?

This board can be so enlightening and entertaining. Most folks have so much wit and wisdom, I nearly fall off my chair.

My take on the AB situation is so different - I don’t think Beane persued him at all.  My take is that Colbert, desperate to unload AB and knowing we needed a WR, made a call to Brandon.

JMO

6 minutes ago, billsfan_34 said:

So, your sayin’ im coming along for the ride next time?

..Riu Palace again next year...my kids and daughter in law already gave me the dates......hell I had a stool at the pool bar with a seat belt....bartenders saw me coming daily and had my Jack on the rocks and ash tray ready......pray to God that 20 something Rosey O'Donnell clone does NOT return....:thumbsup:

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy

36 minutes ago, WhyteDwarf said:

I bet ppl would have thought the same thing about McCoy before he showed up, a selfish player yadda.

OBJ is too primadonna, AB just wanted out of Pittsburgh, those are different things IMO.

McCoy was never a selfish player.  That's why I loved the trade for him. 

4 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

..Riu Palace again next year...my kids and daughter in law already gave me the dates......hell I had a stool at the pool bar with a seat belt....bartenders saw me coming daily and had my Jack on the rocks and ash tray ready......pray to God that 20 something Rosey O'Donnell clone does NOT return....:thumbsup:

Rosey aint bad after 8 or so cocktails. Keep me informed- im semi retired and have been looking for something different!

50 minutes ago, Bill_with_it said:

Another account? Cmon man be better. It’s not hard read what Sean stayed. They originally inquired due to ABs performance on the field. Then they started their due diligence (I.e. checking him out other than football abilities) at which point they didn’t pull the trigger. It most assuredly wasn’t money. They have proven they aren’t affraid. So stop with all that it’s hard to get so and so to Buffalo. It’s a tired worn out and quite frankly ignorant statement. 

I guess go ahead and swallow that spoonful if you want to. AB blew the thing up because he didn't want to play in Buffalo, period.

12 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

No, they’re just complaining about yours.

I Guess I need to start reporting more posts.  Was never my thing though.

One thing that continues to impress me about McD is type of person he goes after. He often refers to it as Bills DNA. He'll take a driven individual who works his tail off but also knows when to sacrifice over a talented guy who coasts, and he doesn't think twice about it. You can call it high character if you want, but he appears to be building an actual team where the pieces fit together and everything makes sense. Even the RB situation, which seems odd because they're all well past their primes, helps offset some of the inexperience with Josh. 

I have no doubt we'll whiff on some of these guys because football is hard, but this is the most confidence I've had in a Bills coach/gm situation since the golden era. 

• Like (+1) 1