Sean McDermott weighs in on new players, Antonio Brown

https://buffalonews.com/2019/03/13/sean-mcdermott-weighs-in-on-the-bills-new-additions/

included some of the quotes as excerpts 

I think it's obvious that we've been trying to build our offense,” coach Sean McDermott told The Buffalo News after a sponsor event at Highgate Heights Elementary School on Wednesday. “Look, we have good pieces in our locker room. Let's not forget that. That’s A. B is, how can we improve our football team by going out there and trying to add guys with our DNA – in this case veteran players that have experience? We're going to add them to what we already have and continue to try and put a team together for this season.”

While the Bills have had an impressive haul thus far in free agency, one potential big fish got away when the team explored a trade with Pittsburgh for wide receiver Antonio Brown, but the deal never came to be.

“You always look. It doesn't mean we pull the trigger,” McDermott said. “Somewhere in the process of looking, whether it's early or late in the process, when you come across things that tell you it's not going to work out for one reason or another, then you go on to the next one. But for us not to look would be, at times, ignorant. You hear things, but let's do our due diligence and our research and make sure. At the end of the day, you see the end result of that due diligence.”

It was noteworthy that the Bills were in the running for Brown on two different fronts. No. 1, it shows that General Manager Brandon Beane is unafraid to pursue the bold move, and No. 2, the team will not always shy away from players with “character” concerns, of which there are many with Brown.

“We have a lot of respect for him as a player. He's tough to go against,” McDermott said. “That's what leads you initially on the path to try and find out more about him. Going against him, I know how hard he is to defend. You watch him on TV – I watch him like you do, like the fans do – he's entertaining and fun to watch. That's what leads you down that path for a player with that type of name recognition.”

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, WhyteDwarf said:

I think I would have rather had AB than OBJ.

I didn't/don't want either.  With a young guy like Josh they'd have been whining about getting the ball on every play. 

1 minute ago, Doc said:

I didn't/don't want either.  With a young guy like Josh they'd have been whining about getting the ball on every play. 

I bet ppl would have thought the same thing about McCoy before he showed up, a selfish player yadda.

OBJ is too primadonna, AB just wanted out of Pittsburgh, those are different things IMO.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Jrb1979 said:

^ this guy is one of the many that BILLieve blue collar talent is what the Bills should be all about. We don't want high end talent here. 

Annnnnnnnd wrong. I wanted them to sign Bell or pick up hunt. So, stick to being miserable.

• Like (+1) 1