Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
YoloinOhio

Sean McDermott weighs in on new players, Antonio Brown

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

https://buffalonews.com/2019/03/13/sean-mcdermott-weighs-in-on-the-bills-new-additions/

included some of the quotes as excerpts 

 

Quote

I think it's obvious that we've been trying to build our offense,” coach Sean McDermott told The Buffalo News after a sponsor event at Highgate Heights Elementary School on Wednesday. “Look, we have good pieces in our locker room. Let's not forget that. That’s A. B is, how can we improve our football team by going out there and trying to add guys with our DNA – in this case veteran players that have experience? We're going to add them to what we already have and continue to try and put a team together for this season.”

 


While the Bills have had an impressive haul thus far in free agency, one potential big fish got away when the team explored a trade with Pittsburgh for wide receiver Antonio Brown, but the deal never came to be.

“You always look. It doesn't mean we pull the trigger,” McDermott said. “Somewhere in the process of looking, whether it's early or late in the process, when you come across things that tell you it's not going to work out for one reason or another, then you go on to the next one. But for us not to look would be, at times, ignorant. You hear things, but let's do our due diligence and our research and make sure. At the end of the day, you see the end result of that due diligence.”

 

It was noteworthy that the Bills were in the running for Brown on two different fronts. No. 1, it shows that General Manager Brandon Beane is unafraid to pursue the bold move, and No. 2, the team will not always shy away from players with “character” concerns, of which there are many with Brown.

“We have a lot of respect for him as a player. He's tough to go against,” McDermott said. “That's what leads you initially on the path to try and find out more about him. Going against him, I know how hard he is to defend. You watch him on TV – I watch him like you do, like the fans do – he's entertaining and fun to watch. That's what leads you down that path for a player with that type of name recognition.”

 

 

 
Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

That's what leads you down that path for a player with that type of name recognition

 

It's pretty tough to get guys with level of name recognition to come to Buffalo.

  • Confused 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, WhyteDwarf said:

 

It's pretty tough to get guys with level of name recognition to come to Buffalo.

^this guy :lol:

 

  • Meh 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

McDermott is cool... He had herpes on his lip for a couple weeks last year but other than that, he's cool...

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, WhyteDwarf said:

 

It's pretty tough to get guys with level of name recognition to come to Buffalo.

 

...more of the "fine whine 'n pity" crap?.........valuable contribution to the thread...SMH....

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, WhyteDwarf said:

It's pretty tough to get guys with level of name recognition to come to Buffalo.

 

In the case of AB...good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Doc said:

 

In the case of AB...good.

 

I think I would have rather had AB than OBJ.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Doc said:

 

In the case of AB...good.

 

..thank God it was NOT the "BBB Diva Squad".........Brown, Bell and Beckham.......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, HuSeYiN_NYC said:

McDermott is cool... He had herpes on his lip for a couple weeks last year but other than that, he's cool...

 

And ppl complain about others' contributions to threads? 

  • Haha (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

AB’s CTE kicking in 

 

He was also late for his first press conference in Oakland. :lol:

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Haha (+1) 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, WhyteDwarf said:

I think I would have rather had AB than OBJ.

 

I didn't/don't want either.  With a young guy like Josh they'd have been whining about getting the ball on every play. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

 

...more of the "fine whine 'n pity" crap?.........valuable contribution to the thread...SMH....

Ha- I like fine wine and fast women 😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Doc said:

 

I didn't/don't want either.  With a young guy like Josh they'd have been whining about getting the ball on every play. 

 

I bet ppl would have thought the same thing about McCoy before he showed up, a selfish player yadda.

 

OBJ is too primadonna, AB just wanted out of Pittsburgh, those are different things IMO.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, WhyteDwarf said:

 

It's pretty tough to get guys with level of name recognition to come to Buffalo.

Get bent.

  • Haha (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, billsfan_34 said:

Ha- I like fine wine and fast women 😂

 

LMAO....eliminating the "h" and adding women works...I'm all in....just got back from Aruba sippin' some fine Cabernet and I ain't "whining".....:thumbsup:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

 

LMAO....eliminating the "h" and adding women works...I'm all in....just got back from Aruba sippin' some fine Cabernet and I ain't "whining".....:thumbsup:

Atta Boy- hopefully you were being fanned off as well 😱

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, HuSeYiN_NYC said:

McDermott is cool... He had herpes on his lip for a couple weeks last year but other than that, he's cool...

I never noticed that, they say if you get herpes from snorkeling that your wife/girlfriend cheated on you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

I never noticed that, they say if you get herpes from snorkeling that your wife/girlfriend cheated on you.

I think it was just a cold sore. He was all stuffed up that day. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

^this guy :lol:

 

^ this guy is one of the many that BILLieve blue collar talent is what the Bills should be all about. We don't want high end talent here. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Jrb1979 said:

^ this guy is one of the many that BILLieve blue collar talent is what the Bills should be all about. We don't want high end talent here. 

 

Annnnnnnnd wrong. I wanted them to sign Bell or pick up hunt. So, stick to being miserable.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
52 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:
Quote

“You always look. It doesn't mean we pull the trigger,” McDermott said. “Somewhere in the process of looking, whether it's early or late in the process, when you come across things that tell you it's not going to work out for one reason or another, then you go on to the next one. But for us not to look would be, at times, ignorant. You hear things, but let's do our due diligence and our research and make sure. At the end of the day, you see the end result of that due diligence.”

 

 

 

McCoach managed to get the word "process" in two times in the same sentence.  Well done.  No doubt, he will be ready for OTAs and the regular season.  He just has to go through the process.

 

 

 

Edited by Peter

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I think it was just a cold sore. He was all stuffed up that day. 

Or she was all stuffed up that day.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, billsfan_34 said:

Atta Boy- hopefully you were being fanned off as well 😱

 

..now you've done it...here's your pre-dinner visual.......a 20 something shows up at the pool in a thong bikini with a butt bigger then mine(NEVER thought it was humanly possible; hell Evil Kinevel refused to jump it)...takes a front row chaise and crawls up on it "facing" the pool and pool bar.....clueless that the pool and pool bar "onlookers" were speechless (well, almost but this is a PG-13 MB).........

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, WhyteDwarf said:

 

I bet ppl would have thought the same thing about McCoy before he showed up, a selfish player yadda.

 

OBJ is too primadonna, AB just wanted out of Pittsburgh, those are different things IMO.

 

McCoy is a selfish player, and kind of a crappy person. But that's fine, because he works hard and if he plays well the team does well. RB's can be selfish (unless they want to sit out an entire year).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, WhyteDwarf said:

 

It's pretty tough to get guys with level of name recognition to come to Buffalo.

Another account? Cmon man be better. It’s not hard read what Sean stayed. They originally inquired due to ABs performance on the field. Then they started their due diligence (I.e. checking him out other than football abilities) at which point they didn’t pull the trigger. It most assuredly wasn’t money. They have proven they aren’t affraid. So stop with all that it’s hard to get so and so to Buffalo. It’s a tired worn out and quite frankly ignorant statement. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...