I think I figured out Dabol people...???

Scorp83

Hear me out ... I've been listening to all the interviews on John Murph, Joe B's Podcast, Howard & Jeremy, even put up with Schopp & Bulldog. 

I think I see what we're doing... if I'm right is Brian Dabol a genius??? Or COMPLETELY insane!?!?

What are the Bills starting to look like??

The newly agile smart O-Line, the "not too big name weapons", the small little shifty slot guy, the old behind RB's, the tough defense, the money kicker... ???

New England... I think Dabol is turning us into New England.  I'm not saying what they do doesn't work... I mean they have 6 SB's. But does Dabol really think this is going to work?? Again either he's a genius or completely insane.

The only thing we're missing is Gronk...which leads me to the Draft...

Most of you know, I've been pounding the table for DK. I don't think we take DK, I think we're taking T.J. Hockenson at 9 or we trade back & draft him. Either way...I think he's the 1st Rd pick. Hockenson is the only player to be compared to Gronk. 

Sal & Chris Brown both said "The coaching staff looked at how the team performed when they put smaller, faster weapons on the field".  I think Dabol is trying to mimic the Pats...??? Is he a genius if it's true? Or Insane for even trying this???

Thoughts??

"It's a bold strategy Cotton, let's see if it pays off for him" ???

• Like (+1) 2

I feel like it's a hybrid between NE's underneath stuff with screens (which will be much more prominent with the improved OL), shallow crosses, rub routes, TE posts and the like...combined with this run-n-shoot inspired, deep-zone-floodin' vertical passing game we had some success with last year, to fit Allen better. Daboll seems super adaptable to me.

• Like (+1) 7

typically what coaches do,  especially when it worked in the past.  the real question is can Allen be Tom Brady?  Going to be an interesting year, if Allen keeps growing all year I think we will have found "THE" guy......  at least he's got something to work with this year, still think we need some work on the o-line though. 

Edited by gordong
  • Like (+1) 1

If we land Ansah, Beane has to weigh the benefit of a penetrating DT at 9 OR a versatile TE.  I'd think he go TE, given our current DTs are serviceable.

We definitely need help at defensive end though. and the draft is top heavy with talent.  If no Ansah, have to think defensive end is the play

• Like (+1) 2

I like Hockenson as much as the next guy, but he isn't going to come in here & dominate without a year or 2 of seasoning. Very few rookie TEs have had really good statistical seasons in NFL history, and the most recent was Shockey in 2002. I don't think we go TE in the 1st for that reason.

• Like (+1) 2

19 minutes ago, WhyteDwarf said:

You would need a Tom Brady for that, so if that's his plan, yeah, insane...

I was about to add... if Dabol is trying to mimic his former team. Then he's putting alot of Stock in Allen becoming great very quickly! 

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, K-GunJimKelly12 said:

We're running the Oilers, Moon era Run n Shoot.

That was a fun team too watch. They would put up 500 yards a game in today's nfl.

Warren Moon is the most underrated QB in NFL history.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

Go watch the last game of the season.  Josh through alot of short underneath stuff and short passes to the outside.  He had like a 70 percent completion percentage that game or something.  Josh was tested and passed.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

I don't want to be the 2015 Panthers and I don't want to be the Gronkless & Bradyless Patriots lol.

Bring some concepts/personnel that worked that are applicable to our personnel.. Beasley is a great example, however Brady uses his slot can be replicated anywhere. But I don't want our guys fitting a round peg in a square hole. We can't get Kuechly.. we can't get Gronk. But we can get a guy on offense who's chemistry with Allen gives us the same redzone and move the chains ability Daboll was accustomed to in NE to control the clock with the rest of the team build.

Basically I'm just saying I really hope we don't go for Hockenson just because we want a Gronk replica. He could be amazing but he will never be the exact same player as Gronk.. we can't build a team of clones to match personnel from other teams. They're all going to be different for better or worse and ya gotta adjust to that. Allen ain't Brady.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

What makes the NE offense work, besides Brady's accuracy, is that he gets rid of the ball faster than the defense can fill in where his receivers are settling underneath (= quick reads, quick decision making, quick release).  Serious question:  can Allen do all that?