What if Metcalf is BPA at draft time?

Just now, Watkins90 said:

BPA doesn't mean you actually take the BPA. BPA just means you don't reach for a WR or a OT because that is your greatest need. If you don't want a WR you can look at the second highest guy on the board and if his grade is very close and maybe fills a spot you take that guy. 

did you see what i said?

19 minutes ago, Toledo Bill said:

Curious what people think would happen after we made all the recent moves to upgrade the wide receivers,

Some of his one handed grabs were sick on the footage..we can't go wrong with him or Taylor at T. at nine.

Just now, teef said:

did you see what i said?

If he is BPA and you are set at WR and you have an OT, which you need, who has a slightly less grade but is the second best guy on the board you take the OT because its a position of need and isn't a reach. All BPA means is that they aren't going to reach for a guy because they have a position of need. 

If he is BPA and you are set at WR and you have an OT, which you need, who has a slightly less grade but is the second best guy on the board you take the OT because its a position of need and isn't a reach. All BPA means is that they aren't going to reach for a guy because they have a position of need. 

you and i are going to have to have a talk.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Wsam4031 said:

i agree i don't even think hes the best WR of the class. I may be in the minority but hes got bust written all over him

He seems like Tony Mandarich Jr. to me. But the Bills have an entire staff to vet this stuff, so if he's the pick then I will do what any good Bills fan would. I will get behind him and cheer him on until he screws up and I can say, "I told you so!"

34 minutes ago, Toledo Bill said:

Curious what people think would happen after we made all the recent moves to upgrade the wide receivers,

What if he could catch the ball?

What if he could run more than 2 routes? What if he wasn’t a sophomore? 

What if he was the best WR on Ol Miss? 

Sorry just dont don’t see what the hype is all about. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, ocemur said:

He seems like Tony Mandarich Jr. to me. But the Bills have an entire staff to vet this stuff, so if he's the pick then I will do what any good Bills fan would. I will get behind him and cheer him on until he screws up and I can say, "I told you so!"

I agree they know more than i do so whoever they draft ill support but he does have mandarich and Bosworth written all over him

15 minutes ago, teef said:

you and i are going to have to have a talk.

Let's talk. It would be totally stupid to draft a position that wasn't in need because you have a guy rated 1 point higher than another player who plays a position of need. 

Let's talk. It would be totally stupid to draft a position that wasn't in need because you have a guy rated 1 point higher than another player who plays a position of need. 

i'm just messing with you boss.  i don't disagree with what you're saying at all.

39 minutes ago, Toledo Bill said:

I don’t think he is in our top ten. Just based on us trying to trade for AB. He also doesn’t seem to fit the WRs Beane has described. They want WRs thar separate, catch the ball, and run good routes.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, billspro said:

I don’t think he is in our top ten. Just based on us trying to trade for AB. He also doesn’t seem to fit the WRs Beane has described. They want WRs thar separate, catch the ball, and run good routes.

I'd respectfully challenge you on all those points.  If you want to argue limited route tree, health, etc., I think you'd have a better argument.