What if Metcalf is BPA at draft time?

1 minute ago, N.Y. Orangeman said:

I'd respectfully challenge you on all those points.  If you want to argue limited route tree, health, etc., I think you'd have a better argument.

Metcalf doesn’t run good routes other than a go. He is pretty special at that route though. Feel free to prove me wrong though.

46 minutes ago, Toledo Bill said:

Curious what people think would happen after we made all the recent moves to upgrade the wide receivers,

If he is BPA - you take him, but he will not be BPA at 9 there is almost no way with his production and agility numbers.  If he is BPA when we are picking it means we probably moved back in a trade.

If he's the BPA on the Bills board at #9, their scouts need to be fired, because it means they got enamored by his combine stuff instead of watching him on film.  If he's picked before #9 I'll cheer because it will mean the Bills can't take him.  

BPA is in the eye of the beholder. If Oliver, Jonah and DK are all sitting there @9, who is really the BPA.  And what analytics guarantees that selection.  You have to factor some need into your decision.  What if Kyler Murray drops to 9? And the "Big Board" says he's BPA. Do you run out and draft him? Of course not!   BPA is subjective.

• Like (+1) 1

45 minutes ago, 4BillsintheBurgh said:

He would be a nice security blanket for Josh, just don't know if he'll be the best talent on the board at 9.

He's not in the top 9 so he won't be BPA at pick 9.  Frankenstein runs better agility drills.

• Haha (+1) 2

22 minutes ago, Wsam4031 said:

i agree i don't even think hes the best WR of the class. I may be in the minority but hes got bust written all over him

He wasn't even the best WR on Ole Miss. All the physical skills, but his mental lapses led to drops. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, N.Y. Orangeman said:

Google Ole Miss OC and/or offense.  You'll see why...

I don’t think he is a bad prospect. I have said before that he has Randy Moss potential. I do think he is one dimensional though. 

Also, his three cone time confirmed most of the concerns about his change of direction.

Taking a guy like Metcalf at #9 is exactly what old Bills regimes would've done. We are not that organization anymore. 

I really don't think any team aside from maybe the Raiders values him in the top half of the first round.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Then he’s BPA.

It will be a mistake, but if that’s how the Bills FO sees it, nothing we can do about it. They’ll be hoping that his physical traits will payoff down the line combined with their ability to coach him into being a weapon at the WR position.

Because as far as that goes, his Ole Miss teammate AJ Brown is the far superior player.