A Draft Day trade is very possible

McBeane has filled so many holes with B+ FA's; I think if the Bills fall in love with someone they could expend draft capital and now move up to get a blue chipper (A+) they love or trade back and/or stockpile some picks for next year. Draft day just got more exciting methinks- Williams, Allen??

2 minutes ago, foreboding said:

McBeane has filled so many holes with B+ FA's; I think if the Bills fall in love with someone they could expend draft capital and now move up to get a blue chipper (A+) they love or trade back and/or stockpile some picks for next year. Draft day just got more exciting methinks- Williams, Allen??

please god no

1 minute ago, LeGOATski said:

A "blue chipper" at 40?

That's an oxymoron.

The Patriots camp said this week that the defensive side of the draft is so strong that even if the first 31 picks are D guys they will still be happy with a D guy at 32.

I know that’s big talk but if you look at the depth it is pretty wild.

I was going to start a very similar thread but I'm lazy. I could see him trading up now that we have filled a bunch of holes in FA. Beane likes to trade up for players he covets (Allen, Edmunds, Zay, & Dawkins). I wish we knew the players he loves.... Also I prefer to trade back into the bottom of the 1st than make a trade up from 9.

Edit: Beane was not here for trade up for Zay & Dawkins. Seems like he's been here longer than he has.

Edited by qwksilver
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, CommonCents said:

The Patriots camp said this week that the defensive side of the draft is so strong that even if the first 31 picks are D guys they will still be happy with a D guy at 32.

I know that’s big talk but if you look at the depth it is pretty wild.

It is deep. I think you're just using the "blue chipper" certification too liberally.

6 minutes ago, 2018 Our Year For Sure said:

If Quinnen Williams gets down to 5 or 6 I wonder if we try to make a play. I'm not sure which team actually picks him if the Cards go with Kyler at 1.

I wonder what that would cost?

Just now, qwksilver said:

I wonder what that would cost?

I don't know the trade chart but I'd be down for two 3rds, this year and next. Maybe could be talked into #9 and #40 to move up if absolutely forced, though I'd like to find a way to keep 40. He is an elite prospect who perfectly fits what we need, a penetrator to **** some plays up from the 3-tech. 

I don't think Shanahan takes him at 2, the question to me is the Jets at 3. Don't think Gruden goes that way at 4, and I believe TB at 5 and NYG at 6 are both 3-4 teams, though he might fit in with the Giants.

Just now, 2018 Our Year For Sure said:

I don't know the trade chart but I'd be down for two 3rds, this year and next. Maybe could be talked into #9 and #40 to move up if absolutely forced, though I'd like to find a way to keep 40. He is an elite prospect who perfectly fits what we need, a penetrator to **** some plays up from the 3-tech. 

I don't think Shanahan takes him at 2, the question to me is the Jets at 3. Don't think Gruden goes that way at 4, and I believe TB at 5 and NYG at 6 are both 3-4 teams, though he might fit in with the Giants.

it's meaningless