Tyrell to Oak

Didn't see this coming. I guess the reports about Mark Davis being out of cash were inaccurate. 

Still, odd signing after adding Brown, even for a guy that looks like he's straight out of a Dumb and Dumber flick. 

Image result for mark davis

10 minutes ago, TOboy said:

Didn't see this coming. I guess the reports about Mark Davis being out of cash were inaccurate. 

Still, odd signing after adding Brown, even for a guy that looks like he's straight out of a Dumb and Dumber flick. 

If anyone ever wanted to know what Gruden would like if he was a pedophile, just look at this pic of Mark Davis.

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Haha (+1) 9

5 minutes ago, TOboy said:

"Just grin, baby."

• Haha (+1) 1

The issue with being out of 'cash' had to do with being able to pay guaranteed money because that has to be paid into a fund now. They still have cap room and can pay salary throughout the season, it's the guaranteed portion that they wouldnt be able to do because they have to have that actual money set aside.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, apuszczalowski said:

The issue with being out of 'cash' had to do with being able to pay guaranteed money because that has to be paid into a fund now. They still have cap room and can pay salary throughout the season, it's the guaranteed portion that they wouldnt be able to do because they have to have that actual money set aside.

Understood, but you'd have to presume Tyrell wasn't signing anywhere without some guaranteed money. 

• Like (+1) 2

Im glad he isnt coming here.  Would not have hated it, but I was highly skeptical of paying a WR whose only DECENT year was 3 years ago on a bad team where he was forced the ball due to injuries around him.  Since then, Chargers still used a top 10 pick on another WR and also his production has gone down each of the last 2 years.  

He has upside, but I hated the idea of paying WR1 money for upside.  Watkins is more talented than him, and I am pretty sure KC hates the $16M contract around their neck right now too.  

I have watched him a lot here in LA, and I just don't see a WR1 when I watch him play.  He can be a solid #2 I think, but I would rather sign the guys we did at value and draft someone over gambling a big contract on Tyrell.  

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, TOboy said:

Jesus man. Warn me before you post ***** like that

• Haha (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

He may turn into a decent WR2 in that offense with Brown drawing the coverage, but he'd fall on his face if he was a #1 option. I'm glad we stayed away.

My prediction: 51 catches, 745  yards, 5 TDs.