Sign Zach Brown back and move Edmonds to OLB / Edge Rusher?

5 minutes ago, VW82 said:

I get the knee jerk reaction of wanting to try Edmunds at different spots given how bad he looked at times last year, but given our fairly competent, defensive minded head coach traded up to select Tre to be the QB of the defense, I think everyone involved owes at least one more year to try and make this work.

That's what I'm saying. I think McDermott, Leslie Frazier, Bob Babich and their 80 plus years of combined defensive coaching experience knows a bit more than some guys on a internet. You have trust Babich on this one imo. 

56 minutes ago, anguskeenan said:

I've never seen anything posted on this board directed toward anyone that would directly offend me, so none taken.   I am simply all about putting the best 11 out there and am interested in both sides to this argument. As we can see, in this thread, there are already people taking one side or the other, or at least stating cases for both sides.  I think it's at least a possibility that they only played him at MLB because he was our only legit. option there last year after they let Preston walk in FA, and/or that maybe he played there last year just to throw him into the fire and make sure he was on the field learning in some capacity.  Imagine knowing the entire defense inside-out and then moving into an easier position with his raw athleticism. 

If you want to best prepare a guy to play a position ... you have him play the position for a year. What you don't do ... have him play another position and then slide him over now that he knows how to play another position instinctively.

In McD's defence, you need a serious athlete at MLB. Kuechly in Carolina, for ex. If Edmunds hadn't been able to handle it, they'd have been willing to put someone else there. But he got a lot better late and shows every sign of being the guy they want there forever.

I just don't see this happening. 

15 minutes ago, Just Joshin' said:

How were able to start a thread?

Why, do you think I am trolling or something? I thought it was a valid conversation piece. I signed in and started a thread..?? I am confused on the question. 

Edited by anguskeenan

2 hours ago, anguskeenan said:

With Zach released, is this an option?  Reviews were mixed on whether Edmonds should remain MLB if we could find a good upgrade and put him in a position to just make plays as opposed to call the D. I am open with it remaining as-is, but Zach's a good ILB. 

NO! Edmonds needs to continue to grow at MLB and become the STUD WE NEED him to be up the middle of our D!! :flirt:

3 hours ago, Virgil said:

What’s up with Zach Brown. He always grades out highly but no one wants to keep him. 

Is he a loud farter?

And to answer the OP question, no.  Edmunds needs to stay at MLB

Loud farts dont stink. It is the silent ones that do:)

https://www.quora.com/Why-is-it-that-loud-farts-dont-smell-bad-or-dont-smell-at-all-while-the-most-smelly-ones-are-almost-never-audible

1 hour ago, anguskeenan said:

Why, do you think I am trolling or something? I thought it was a valid conversation piece. I signed in and started a thread..?? I am confused on the question. 

There was a post min......Did I comment on the quality or are you paranoid?

I was unaware of a post minimum. I have been a member for a couple years, just rarely post, so I don't know that I have ever started a thread here or not. Maybe there is a grandfathering on post count for members already active prior to that being established??  I am sometimes paranoid, but not this time. I just couldn't understand why you were questioning my ability to post, not knowing the rule... I mean, people are talking about farts in the thread I started, but we're concerned with my post count? 

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, anguskeenan said:

...you're fine IMO.......whether one agrees or disagrees, it certainly is a legitimate proposal.........

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/13/2019 at 12:15 PM, anguskeenan said:

With Zach released, is this an option?  Reviews were mixed on whether Edmonds should remain MLB if we could find a good upgrade and put him in a position to just make plays as opposed to call the D. I am open with it remaining as-is, but Zach's a good ILB. 

No

Edmunds has the potential to be a crazy good Mike.  He isnt strong yet at the POT.  That's to be expected from a 20 year old playing against men.  He showed up alot in the passing attack.  His instincts will only get better, he will only become stronger.  Get a natural pass rusher to play DE.  

Can we PLEASE stop with the "move Edmunds from the Mike position" nonsense? McBeane have been talking about this guy as the leader of the defense for years to come and expect him to be our on-field general. Before retiring Kyle went out of his way to give a speech to the D about Edmunds being the next guy up in terms of leadership and he spent time mentoring him. Tired of people coming up with ideas from their couches when the entire organization has been standing on a soapbox for this guy. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 3/13/2019 at 12:25 PM, blacklabel said:

Haha, glad to help. And it's not as if they can't install some blitz packages where they line up Edmunds outside and tell him to rush. They started tinkering with that late last season and he showed the ability to get home.

if they get a dt like oliver,  edmunds could turn into a sack machine shootin the gap from the middle. that's where we need to step it up. blitz more sure, but doing it up the middle helps the outside rush as well.

as far as zach brown goes, i really like him, but i think he burned a bridge when he left. i don't think they are even going to consider him.

Edited by billsredneck1
  • Like (+1) 1