Sign Zach Brown back and move Edmonds to OLB / Edge Rusher?

With Zach released, is this an option?  Reviews were mixed on whether Edmonds should remain MLB if we could find a good upgrade and put him in a position to just make plays as opposed to call the D. I am open with it remaining as-is, but Zach's a good ILB. 

What’s up with Zach Brown. He always grades out highly but no one wants to keep him. 

Is he a loud farter?

And to answer the OP question, no.  Edmunds needs to stay at MLB

Edited by Virgil
  • Haha (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Virgil said:

What’s up with Zach Brown. He always grades out highly but no one wants to keep him. 

Is he a loud farter?

And to answer the OP question, no.  Edmunds needs to stay at MLB

I'd assume that he's a loud farter

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, John from Riverside said:

It just seems to me that Zach Brown fits the defense McD likes (linebacker's that can cover)

McD took one look at his game tape from the Steelers game in ‘16 and knew immediately that Zach Brown was not his kind of player. 

Quitters need not apply.

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, anguskeenan said:

With Zach released, is this an option?  Reviews were mixed on whether Edmonds should remain MLB if we could find a good upgrade and put him in a position to just make plays as opposed to call the D. I am open with it remaining as-is, but Zach's a good ILB. 

Gotta ask: which reviewers were saying Edmonds should be moved from MLB to OLB? Or whereever these reviews said he should be moved?

You don't spend an entire season coaching the kid up and making him the QB of your defense just to move him to a different spot the following season. I get that a lot of people like to daydream different scenarios for the team, which we hear a lot of (move Glenn to G, now it's move Dawkins to G, slide Edmunds to OLB, Stephen Hauschka for 3-tech!) but things usually stay status quo. 

And I dunno what's up with Zach Brown. I know after he left the Bills it took him forever to find a team because his contract demands were well above what any team was willing to give him. He's got speed so he can cover, he's a pretty sure tackler, but one trait that stands out about him is that he slowly fades as the season goes on. Starts strong, then kinda disappears by season's end. Maybe that happened in Washington? I know I saw it go down in Buffalo but I guess I understand as the guy was on a one-year deal and the team was out of playoff contention by November. Some guys in those situations will dial it back on the effort to keep from getting injured so they can hopefully land a better deal once the season is over.

Edited by blacklabel
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, blacklabel said:

You don't spend an entire season coaching the kid up and making him the QB of your defense just to move him to a different spot the following season. I get that a lot of people like to daydream different scenarios for the team, which we hear a lot of (move Glenn to G, now it's move Dawkins to G, slide Edmunds to OLB, Stephen Hauschka for 3-tech!) but things usually stay status quo. 

Amen! You saved me a bunch of typing.

4 minutes ago, Logic said:

Amen! You saved me a bunch of typing.

Haha, glad to help. And it's not as if they can't install some blitz packages where they line up Edmunds outside and tell him to rush. They started tinkering with that late last season and he showed the ability to get home.

7 minutes ago, JoPar_v2 said:

Gotta ask: which reviewers were saying Edmonds should be moved from MLB to OLB? Or whereever these reviews said he should be moved?

I am not quoting someone specifically. It's more anecdotal - it *seems* many on here believe he should be one or the other. I am fine with him just being on the field as much as possible, regardless of the position.  Brown allows the one situation to become an easy reality. 

Edited by anguskeenan

I feel like he must not be a likeable guy. I don't want him back. I don't think they are going to move their hand picked franchise quarterback of their defense so that they can sign Zach Brown, who they discarded once. 

I think its funny that people want to move Tremaine. If Bob Babich, who helped make Urlacher what he was, believes that Tremaine is a mike, then he's a mike. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, MrEpsYtown said:

I feel like he must not be a likeable guy. I don't want him back. I don't think they are going to move their hand picked franchise quarterback of their defense so that they can sign Zach Brown, who they discarded once. 

I think its funny that people want to move Tremaine. If Bob Babich, who helped make Urlacher what he was, believes that Tremaine is a mike, then he's a mike. 

Was it that, or we just didn't have one on the team when we drafted him. They got rid of preston and got Edmonds. Zach left the year before if I am not mistaken, and must have just figured they'd roll with preston over Zach, maybe for financial reasons, Preston being on his rookie deal still.