Robert Foster stayed in Buffalo for offseason to train

4 minutes ago, Mark Long Beach said:

Brown is also insurance that Foster can't make a step forward.   

My hope is that our other receivers blow the doors off and make Brown (who's an NFL quality receiver) unneeded after this year.  How good would it be to have too much talent at WR.  [In the long run I worry about his catch %]

You just get this feeling like the number 1 WR might already be on the roster.......you need

a.   Better production to be able to hold the ball for an additional second

b.  Other quality guys that can catch a ball so Foster doesnt face double coverage on every play

3 minutes ago, Mark Long Beach said:

Brown is also insurance that Foster can't make a step forward.   

My hope is that our other receivers blow the doors off and make Brown (who's an NFL quality receiver) unneeded after this year.  How good would it be to have too much talent at WR.  [In the long run I worry about his catch %]

Yeah I'm hoping Duke becomes a starter.  But I love Brown's speed.  I guess he could go to the slot with Beasley and make Jones or McK expendable.

1 minute ago, John from Riverside said:

You just get this feeling like the number 1 WR might already be on the roster.......you need

a.   Better production to be able to hold the ball for an additional second

b.  Other quality guys that can catch a ball so Foster doesnt face double coverage on every play

With the speed of Brown and Foster, neither CB will be up on the LOS.    That will open up the run game and underneath routes.

The Foster thing is great news believe me... But there's a more serious question that needs to be answered. The question is:

Can Josh Allen grow facial hair?

Can you imagine how much cooler he'd look? Maybe get some Gillette commercials lined up too... Come on Josh...

1 hour ago, arcane said:

I absolutely hated Foster last August. 

I think he's my favorite Bill right now. Kudos, man. Keep workin'. 

And love hearing that bit about Shady being a leader for these guys. 

Was that mentioned in an article somewhere? Would love to read it if so.

3 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

I didn’t hear it discussed before that he was there,  but i do know that most players leave in the offseason ( because Buffalo winters and their families are elsewhere) unless they are rehabbing an injury 

Sorry Yolo. Didnt mean to sh*t on your post. Just that Beane already talked (during his combine press conference) about Foster being at the Bills facility a lot (see link below).

3 hours ago, Doc said:

It's not news...if all the other 2018 rookies are working out at the facility over the off-season.  Is anyone else doing that?

see clarification above.

That said, him working out with Allen is the news I was waiting for. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

53 minutes ago, junior12thman92 said:

Was that mentioned in an article somewhere? Would love to read it if so.

A poster said it upthread on page 1 I think, that Shady had a talking to with Foster about how he isn't going to be handed a roster spot.

1 hour ago, gregor7777 said:

What on Earth could Robert Foster have done in August to make you "absolutely hate" him?

Dropping copious amounts of Allen bombs, and seeming impervious to performance-based punishment that other players were getting. 

Obviously, McDermott saw something in him and it's showing. But I remember him staying on this roster longer than his performance warranted and that this was widely talked about here.

1 hour ago, HuSeYiN_NYC said:

The Foster thing is great news believe me... But there's a more serious question that needs to be answered. The question is:

Can Josh Allen grow facial hair?

Can you imagine how much cooler he'd look? Maybe get some Gillette commercials lined up too... Come on Josh...

Based on Gillette's most recent ad campaign and their affiliation with the pats**, I'd say that Josh Allen is far too manly for them.

• Like (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, arcane said:

A poster said it upthread on page 1 I think, that Shady had a talking to with Foster about how he isn't going to be handed a roster spot.

Dropping copious amounts of Allen bombs, and seeming impervious to performance-based punishment that other players were getting. 

Huh, well he can't punish himself and he was a rookie UDFA dropping balls. Absolute hate seems like a bit much, but this is the Internet I suppose.