Robert Foster stayed in Buffalo for offseason to train

1 hour ago, ProcessAccepted said:

From a "who else do we have at WR" situation to a competition blood bath for the position in one year!! I'm also really excited to see what Duke Williams can do. Ray Ray has to be worried.

What about McKenzie. That dude has a ton of speed, if he can just learn to hang onto the ball. 

6 minutes ago, Superperson1234 said:

Honestly I’m glad he went to LA, he was an amazing talent but the Bills were holding him back so I’m glad he’s in the spotlight

is one side of your face droopy?

• Haha (+1) 4

2 hours ago, whatdrought said:

Oh man. If this guy blew it up next year, with him playing outside with Brown and Jones and Beasley running underneath... That could be awesome. 

Maybe 4-5 WR sets with both Foster and Brown ripping off the top with Beasley and Zay working underneath Meanwhile you got a TE seam going? 

I know many are downplaying John Brown's catch % because he is a long ball receiver.  

Foster avg. 20 yards per catch w/ catch % of 61.4

Brown avg. 17 yards per catch w/ catch % of 43.3

Only caveat is his catch % w/ Flacco was 53.2 while Jackson's was 26.6.  

On paper, even with a more conventional QB such as Josh Allen, Brown should have a better year.

HOWEVER, Foster's catch % the first 6 games prior to getting cut last year was 22.2%.  When he was re-signed week 10, his catch % over the last 7 games rose to a whopping 71.4%

If Foster is busting his hump to improve on last year, I'm excited to see how high his ceiling can really be.  It should push Brown as well.  Either up, or out.

• Like (+1) 1

Brown is also insurance that Foster can't make a step forward.   

My hope is that our other receivers blow the doors off and make Brown (who's an NFL quality receiver) unneeded after this year.  How good would it be to have too much talent at WR.  [In the long run I worry about his catch %]

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

I don’t know but because he was a UDFA, he is eligible for FA after 3 years instead of 4

UDFAs are still subject to the same UFA rules as drafted players.  But since he wasn't drafted, the Bills only gave him a 2-year deal (instead of a 4-year deal for drafted players), meaning he'll be an exclusive-rights FA after 2019.  The Bills can either sign him for the league minimum for a year or give him a new deal.  If they give him the minimum, then they can tag him as a RFA the following year...or give him a new deal.  Once he has 4 accrued seasons under his belt, he can become an UFA.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1