Is it strange no news re: Daryl Williams? (edit: re-up'd w/ Panthers)

eball

Sal Capaccio  ?Verified account @SalSports
FollowingFollowing @SalSports
More

Feeling from some around the league I spoke with is there is still some concern about RT Daryl Williams' knee, which is why we haven't seen any movement on him. Looks like teams may want to get him into their facility and see him before going down that road.

2:25 PM - 13 Mar 2019

•  
Edited by HiddenInLight
  • Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, TOboy said:

Last night was hours of it too. No mention of the Bills adding 8 players, just round the clock OBJ trade talk. 

The NFL Network was talking about the Bills moves all day long, with Mike Garafalo saying that the Bills really impressed him with how aggressive we were, all the way up to the big OBJ trade. All other NFL talk pretty much stopped once that deal was made, because it was a BIG deal. Idk why we gotta view it as a slight to our team just because at the end of the day there was a huge trade that dominated league wide coverage involving one of the biggest names in the NFL.

I know we care about all things Bills, but when a big trade comes thru with a player of OBJ's caliber, it kinda makes sense for the channel to focus in on its ramifications lol

7 minutes ago, HiddenInLight said:
Sal Capaccio  ?Verified account @SalSports
FollowingFollowing @SalSports
More

Feeling from some around the league I spoke with is there is still some concern about RT Daryl Williams' knee, which is why we haven't seen any movement on him. Looks like teams may want to get him into their facility and see him before going down that road.

2:25 PM - 13 Mar 2019

•  

Even with everyone we did so far, if he's in the bargain bin, we should go for it.

2 minutes ago, brianthomas said:

I know we care about all things Bills, but when a big trade comes thru with a player of OBJ's caliber, it kinda makes sense for the channel to focus in on its ramifications lol

I myself have been impressed with the fact that Beane has clearly been making phone calls to see the price associated with guys like OBJ and Brown. That is something I don't recall much from previous regimes.

Wonder if Daryl Williams price drops off a bit if there are concerns with his knee still. Maybe takes a one-year prove it deal to see if he can stay healthy all season.

Just now, whatdrought said:

Even with everyone we did so far, if he's in the bargain bin, we should go for it.

We can still afford at least one more large contract after cuts of guys like ivory and Ducasse.  Assuming he's healthy I'd say go for it.  Give us the best Oline possible.  I'm pretty tired of watching our QB nearly get killed as soon as the ball snaps on every play.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, brianthomas said:

The NFL Network was talking about the Bills moves all day long, with Mike Garafalo saying that the Bills really impressed him with how aggressive we were, all the way up to the big OBJ trade. All other NFL talk pretty much stopped once that deal was made, because it was a BIG deal. Idk why we gotta view it as a slight to our team just because at the end of the day there was a huge trade that dominated league wide coverage involving one of the biggest names in the NFL.

Garafello did a 30 second take that was re-run hourly. There was never any group discussion on the Bills, no correspondent in Buffalo (like Indy, Cleveland, NY, etc). 

Literally nobody else commented on any of the Bills moves.

5 minutes ago, HiddenInLight said:

We can still afford at least one more large contract after cuts of guys like ivory and Ducasse.  Assuming he's healthy I'd say go for it.  Give us the best Oline possible.  I'm pretty tired of watching our QB nearly get killed as soon as the ball snaps on every play.

I'd take him on a one year deal if he needs a prove it situation. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, thebandit27 said:

He's among a number of players on which the market has been eerily silent.  Other guys include:

Justin Houston

Bryce Callahan

Ndamukong Suh

Pierre Desir

Jared Cook

Tyler Eifert

And there goes Desir back to Indy

3 hours ago, thebandit27 said:

He's among a number of players on which the market has been eerily silent.  Other guys include:

Justin Houston

Bryce Callahan

Ndamukong Suh

Pierre Desir

Jared Cook

Tyler Eifert

I would love Eifert and Suh. Suh next to Jordan Phillips is alot of mass!!!

• Like (+1) 1

My guess is that he's holding out for big money and Beane won't chase him and vastly overpay him. He also had a serious knee injury recently. That's why we signed Nsekhe. Just a guess.

Still, you'd think he'd have stopped by for a visit.