Are the Browns now the Favorites to win the AFC North?

Big Turk

Do the Browns win the AFC North next year?  

84 members have voted

1. 1. Do the Browns win the AFC North in 2019?

• Yes
    • No, but they make the playoffs
    • No, these are the Browns we are talking about here...

Crazy to think that the Browns might be the favorites to win their division, but i think they have to be especially after getting OBJ and adding to their already stacked offense...

I would have said they have a good chance to win it prior to the trade and a better chance at being a wildcard...what are your thoughts?

Personally, I think the Browns may implode by week 8.

A lot of shallow character and egos on that team, and who is the locker room leader? Beckham? LOL. 

All eyes on Mayfield.. A ton of pressure is on a second year guy with a locker room to lose if he doesn’t perform like an all pro.

A ton of pressure on an unproven head coach, and it is after all...Cleveland, under the ownership of the Haslams.

6-10.

Edited by George C
  • Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, BuffaloBillies said:

Bengals are a mess, Pittsburgh lost 2 superstars and have an aging, unliked QB trying to keep it together for one last go at it, and the Ravens just lost half of their defense in FA. Browns are absolutely stacked with talent and have all the momentum.

They were actually pretty good last year too - lost 2 games in OT and another was a tie.  They also played their first 2 games with Tyrod, and were 5-2 after they fired Todd Haley.

Only major regression to the mean that i could see would be turnover diff - they were 2nd in the league in takeaways and that is a pretty volatile statistic.  Teams aren't usually top 5 in the league in both fumble recoveries and INTs.  The ball tends to bounce one way or the other.  From a yardage perspective their defense was actually kind of bad - 25th in passing yards and 28th in rushing yards allowed. 

The improvements on offense should help offset this though - they should get more yards which = more plays which = more points.  

I was just talking to someone this morning about this. I think they are going to now be the popular favorite, but I dont think it's a guarantee.

Pittsburgh lost a WR who quit on them late in the season and his distraction may have cost them the playoffs, and a mediocre TE (not bad, but average/replaceable). Bell didnt play a down all last season so they technically already lost him last year. People assume that Ben is not liked in the lockerroom because of ABs comments, but that may or may not be true. They are still a good team and have time to make a few moves in FA and the draft that could keep them near the top of the division.

Baltimore's defence took a hit (which was their strength) and are now relying on an offence led by a QB who is not viewed as much as a passing threat, buy can hurt you on the run. That team will.live and die by their offence this season and whether Lamar can be enough of a passer to keep the offence going without just relying on him scrambling.

Cincy may or may not be in rebuild mode I dont think they got much worse this offseason, but i they havent really gotten any better unless you view the coaching change as a huge improvement, which might be the difference for them this season.

The Browns have made the biggest splash so far, but new coaches and a QB in his second year could have them taking a step back if everything doesnt mesh together right and Mayfield doesnt continue to develop. The are one of the favorites to win the offseason this year, but that doesnt usually mean they win during the season.

28 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

Crazy to think that the Browns might be the favorites to win their division, but i think they have to be especially after getting OBJ and adding to their already stacked offense...

I would have said they have a good chance to win it prior to the trade and a better chance at being a wildcard...what are your thoughts?

It's hard to say.  

Is it plausible?   Yes, it is.

Are the Steelers that much worse off than last year? 

Will Cincy  Implode or improve?  

The Ravens Defense is being decimated.  Tyrod 2.0 needs a lot of help because if the defense allows a lot of points .....  ouch.

Am I buying that they will be the best offense in the NFL.  No.  

17 minutes ago, George C said:

Personally, I think the Browns may implode by week 8.

A lot of shallow character and egos on that team, and who is the locker room leader? Beckham? LOL. 

All eyes on Mayfield.. A ton of pressure is on a second year guy with a locker room to lose if he doesn’t perform like an all pro.

A ton of pressure on an unproven head coach, and it is after all...Cleveland, under the ownership of the Haslams.

6-10.

Agreed with the chance of implosion.  I can see this team getting off to a hot start, but as soon as the going gets tough, I'd look for the fingers to start pointing and blame being placed all over the locker room.  It will depend on what type of leadership they're able to identify with.

• Like (+1) 1

They were my favorite on the back of Baker before the offseason even began. Now you add a generational talent for Baker to throw too and they are in legit contention for a super bowl. 

They should score points with that offense as long as they can plug the hole made by the zeitler trade.

With a lead they have an extremely formidable Pass Rush with Myles garret and Olivier Vernon.

This team should make plenty of noise 

I voted no because Kitchens is an unproven coach.  Some guys are great, brilliant coordinators and dismal head coaches.  

There's always potential for sophomore slump as defenses now have had an entire offseason to gameplan for your quarterback.

Lots of new players takes time to mesh, especially on offense.  

I think they are, dare I say it, "playoff caliber" but it's not a gurantee.  

I don't think the Ravens are a playoff team with a full season of Lamar Jackson & and a worse Defense. They're a 6-win team IMO.

Steelers are really the only team besides the Browns that can win the AFC North. I'd favor the Browns at this point.

10 minutes ago, buffalover4life said:

They were my favorite on the back of Baker before the offseason even began. Now you add a generational talent for Baker to throw too and they are in legit contention for a super bowl. 

They should score points with that offense as long as they can plug the hole made by the zeitler trade.

With a lead they have an extremely formidable Pass Rush with Myles garret and Olivier Vernon.

This team should make plenty of noise 

The Sabres have two generational talents and they blow chunks so who knows?

I do the think Ravens are 7-9 to 10-6 and the Steelers and Bengals will be pretty bad.

57 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

The Sabres have two generational talents and they blow chunks so who knows?

I do the think Ravens are 7-9 to 10-6 and the Steelers and Bengals will be pretty bad.

After Dahlin, who's the other 'generational' talent? Eichel is not 'generational', unless the meaning of that term was seriously downgraded. He went 2nd overall to a true 'generational talent' and isnt even the best American born player in the league who was drafted after him.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, matter2003 said:

On paper, they're a very dangerous team.

On paper.