Who gets cut when these signings become official

I don't think Bodine is gone, he's cheap & a solid backup Center. Morse has had concussions in the past, we need him.

Ducasse is a sure goner. Ivory probably cut too.

We'll cut at least 1 more OL, but probbaly not until after the draft.

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, 947 said:

I don't think Bodine is gone, he's cheap & a solid backup Center. Morse has had concussions in the past, we need him.

So if they keep Bodine They can save roughly a little over 4 million in cap.  

2 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

All 3 of those guys, but probably not before the draft.

No point in letting go of veteran experience before you know you've replaced it unless you absolutely need the cap room.

This is where I am. You can probably add Murphy to that list too if they sign Ansah. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Kirby Jackson said:

This is where I am. You can probably add Murphy to that list too if they sign Ansah. 

I would probably hang onto Murphy.  Aside from having 4 solid pass rushers in 2019, he's their only pass rush threat that's currently under contract for 2020.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, thebandit27 said:

I would probably hang onto Murphy.  Aside from having 4 solid pass rushers in 2019, he's their only pass rush threat that's currently under contract for 2020.

1 minute ago, whatdrought said:

Bodines status will tell us if they envision Spencer Long starting at Guard or not. 

3 year deal for Spencer Long tells us hes our guard

Just now, billsfan_34 said:

3 year deal for Spencer Long tells us hes our guard

Nope.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/buffalo-bills/spencer-long-14488/

He got $1.2M guaranteed, and the team has a club option for the last 2 years of the deal.  As a practical matter, they could cut him this year and only have $1.2M in dead money.

He's signed for backup interior OL money, which is what I expect him to be...and that's a great thing IMO.

• Like (+1) 3

Ducasse´s agent is probably already looking where is Castillo going to coach next.

Bodine stays but Boettger will be offered a PS position. 

Ivory maybe gone, I like what he brought here, some nice playes but Gore is better. 

Pitts or Lewis are probably on the bubble, but I think they will compete during TC before they get cut. 

I think we will try to move Lawson.

2 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

Nope.

He got $1.2M guaranteed, and the team has a club option for the last 2 years of the deal.  As a practical matter, they could cut him this year and only have $1.2M in dead money.

He's signed for backup interior OL money, which is what I expect him to be...and that's a great thing IMO.

I agree they probably had that in mind when they signed him unless he comes in camp and plays really well and gets a guard spot.  Win win

7 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

Nope.

Good point- thanks

• Like (+1) 1

Do any players have an option coming due or a guarantee trigger in the next couple days?

If the answer to that is NO.  Then why cut anyone.  we are not in the need for space yet and can keep shopping easily if wanted.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Do any players have an option coming due or a guarantee trigger in the next couple days?

If the answer to that is NO.  Then why cut anyone.  we are not in the need for space yet and can keep shopping easily if wanted.

Thats a good point - people we sign/existing players can get injured in camp and we bring 90 anyway.  These are the only notable things, and i have no idea when or what triggers it.

Bodine - 200k workout bonus
Ivory - 250k workout bonus

Dimarco - 50k workout bonus

48 minutes ago, 947 said:

Groy and Miller are my top two candidates after Geoff Bodine.  Teller and Boettger outplayed them.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, CaptnCoke11 said:

I’ll go with...

Ducasse

Bodine

Ivory

clears 6.5ish million on cap

This & I honestly think if something huge comes across the table... Shady gets traded... don't be mad. But he's in the last year of his deal & they're not talking extension. It's crazy to not think it's in the back of McBeane's mind