Who gets cut when these signings become official

5 hours ago, thebandit27 said:

All 3 of those guys, but probably not before the draft.

No point in letting go of veteran experience before you know you've replaced it unless you absolutely need the cap room.

Exactly. 

5 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

Yeah that is the ONLY reason to cut players now if there is:

An option Due

A Guaranteed Trigger Due

Or team is Cap tight.

If one of those three dont exist keep players on you roster.  Never know what could happen.  IE 

Maybe Bodine fetches a 4th during the draft as teams miss on centers

I hate to bring this up because I'm genuinely pleased we signed Morse, but he is coming off a season where he missed multiple games due to concussion, and that follows a season where he missed games due to a foot injury.

It's important to have a strong backup C, and I wasn't persuaded by Groy.  Now he was servicable previously, so maybe it was Castillo, not him - I dunno.

6 hours ago, 947 said:

I don't think Bodine is gone, he's cheap & a solid backup Center. Morse has had concussions in the past, we need him.

Ducasse is a sure goner. Ivory probably cut too.

We'll cut at least 1 more OL, but probbaly not until after the draft.

I guess it all depends on how things work out with Pre, Post June cuts. I would think they'll keep as many as they can for training camp and then cut from there.

On 3/13/2019 at 8:09 AM, dneveu said:

Thats a good point - people we sign/existing players can get injured in camp and we bring 90 anyway.  These are the only notable things, and i have no idea when or what triggers it.

Bodine - 200k workout bonus
Ivory - 250k workout bonus

Dimarco - 50k workout bonus

I go to the gym every morning, I have not got one workout bonus from the state of Oregon for doing my workouts!

31 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

No I mean one leg Trent. 

I agree he should have been cut, but now that he got paid, it would be silly to eat a 6.5 mil dead cap. I think they were looking to upgrade DE before the 5th day of the league year, but it didn't work out so I think their gonna be kinda stuck with him this year.

1 minute ago, BuffAlone said:

I agree he should have been cut, but now that he got paid, it would be silly to eat a 6.5 mil dead cap. I think they were looking to upgrade DE before the 5th day of the league year, but it didn't work out so I think their gonna be kinda stuck with him this year.

I don't think he will make it out of camp. He won't be healthy to play. So you either IR him and eat his money or cut him and eat his money. If the Bills are relying on Murphy to be healthy and play in 2019 they are making a big error. I think he is all but done. 

5 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I don't think he will make it out of camp. He won't be healthy to play. So you either IR him and eat his money or cut him and eat his money. If the Bills are relying on Murphy to be healthy and play in 2019 they are making a big error. I think he is all but done. 

I agree he's all but done. But why not just keep him on the 53 for insurance?He doesn't have to dress every week, but if he's needed he can come in off the bench the following week. As long as he's on the 53 he won't cost us dead cap

2 minutes ago, BuffAlone said:

I agree he's all but done. But why not just keep him on the 53 for insurance?He doesn't have to dress every week, but if he's needed he can come in off the bench the following week. As long as he's on the 53 he won't cost us dead cap

What is the difference between paying him for nothing on the roster or off the roster. I doubt very much he is capable of contributing anything. I am not even sure he will be healthy enough to make the 53. 

20 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

What is the difference between paying him for nothing on the roster or off the roster. I doubt very much he is capable of contributing anything. I am not even sure he will be healthy enough to make the 53. 

Im not saying I think he's gonna contribute much. But since he's been paid, they may as well keep him for emergency/ spot duty. I agree tho, he's not healthy. It was a definite miss in FA thus far.....

As far as backup Centers go, Bodine would be one of the best in the league. Considering Morse's past concussions & the cheap price tag, I think he stays on.

Murphy is a much better player than he showed last year, if he finally stays healthy, he could be the pass rushing addition we need. He is a bit pricey, but we don't need the cap space at this point.

On 3/13/2019 at 11:24 AM, MAJBobby said:

Yeah that is the ONLY reason to cut players now if there is:

An option Due

A Guaranteed Trigger Due

Or team is Cap tight.

If one of those three dont exist keep players on you roster.  Never know what could happen.  IE 

Maybe Bodine fetches a 4th during the draft as teams miss on centers

This is a good point since draft picks for future draft years are so undervalued we might be able to wrangle a mid rounder in 2020 or 2021 for a player we might otherwise cut. Get some value for what we do not need.