Bills FA moves garner praise from national media

wppete

3 hours ago, Augie said:

I’m not going to get TOO carried away here, because I know something will not pan out. Brown will get a fast guy hammy injury, Kroft will be less than hoped for, Gore finally losses a step (I refuse to mention concussion and a certain center). I don’t know what it will be, but there will be some letdown eventually for the usual suspects to cling to.

BUT, right now you have to be pretty darn excited about what our FO pulled off in the last few days!!! Wooohooo!!! 

Augie, don't do it, not you...

step away from the pessimism buttom...

59 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Augie, don't do it, not you...

step away from the pessimism buttom...

Nah, I was just trying to pre-empt that crowd. They will let us know what goes wrong ASAP. By mentioning it first we just might take some wind out of the sails. “Hey, we said it wouldn’t be perfect!”  I hope it’s really, really good. 

I’m impressed with the way they covered the bases which lets us go any direction we need to in the draft to add quality players. Fingers crossed! 

4 minutes ago, Augie said:

Nah, I was just trying to pre-empt that crowd. They will let us know what goes wrong ASAP. By mentioning it first we just might take some wind out of the sails. “Hey, we said it wouldn’t be perfect!”  I hope it’s really, really good. 

I’m impressed with the way they covered the bases which lets us go any direction we need to in the draft to add quality players. Fingers crossed! 

Amen my man ... this has been an awesome 48 hours because now the Bills can do whatever they want to do with 10 draft picks.  They should be able to grab truly the BPA at #( and address needs or depth through the rest of the draft. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, HomeTeam said:

Who cares what these smucks have to say. They blow and flutter whatever way the wind goes while Beans and company patiently act out their master plan.

Isn't that how the general posting sentiment on TSW goes as well?...:doh:     

ESPN article grading FA up to this point. Bills one of 7 teams to get a top grade of "near perfection". 

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/26357506/2019-nfl-free-agency-ratings-most-impactful-moves-all-32-teams

Buffalo Bills

Most impactful move: The Bills made former Chiefs center Mitch Morse the highest paid in the NFL at his position, signing him to a four-year deal that averages $11.1 million per season. He is expected to anchor an offensive line that could have as many as four new starters in 2019 under new O-line coach Bobby Johnson. Buffalo is hoping its offensive line can protect quarterback Josh Allen better in his second season while paving the way for a revival of running back LeSean McCoy's career. -- Mike Rodak

Key additions: Mitch Morse, center; John Brown, wide receiver; Cole Beasley, wide receiver

Key subtractions: John Miller, guard

• Like (+1) 1

• 2 weeks later...