Schefty with high praise for Tyree Jackson

ycm8ibEE_normal.jpg

Kyler Murray’s Pro Day at Oklahoma today. But also Pro Day for Buffalo QB Tyree Jackson, who will hold his at the Buffalo Bills facility, which is fitting. Jackson’s arm is as strong, if not stronger, than Bills QB Josh Allen. Many believe he will go higher than expected in draft

Edited by Thunderstruck

I've watched TJ closely now for his entire UB career. He peaked in the first half of this last season. This game against Eastern Michigan was likely his best.

But after Anthony Johnson pulled his hammy his play went downhill. Defenses were able to confuse him and he became indecisive. He's one reason why UB lost 3 of their last 4, and blew a 19-point lead in the MAC Championship. (The other reason was UB's sieve defense.)

He definitely has the physical gifts. But can he learn the NFL game? That's the question.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, HiddenInLight said:

If he slides to like the 5th round, maybe the 4th I'd take him to be our developmental guy to be our backup behind Allen in a few years.  Having a backup with a similar skillset as our starter is very valuable in todays nfl.

They just extended Barkley and they still have Anderson on the roster. 

2 minutes ago, HiddenInLight said:

I could take Anderson or leave him at this point.  I'm talking a third stringer for now.  Most teams carry a guy to develop as a good backup or future starter.

I don’t like Anderson at all, but it’s clear this regime does. I have to believe behind the scenes he’s really helping Allen out. So you would be looking at Barkley being cut, which isn’t going to happen after that extension. If they could stash him on the PS I would be all for it. But no way a 4-5 round QB isn’t getting poached. UDFA on the other hand, not a bad idea to have one of those QB’s floating around the PS. 

Edited by Bills2ref

4 minutes ago, Bills2ref said:

I don’t like Anderson at all, but it’s clear this regime does. I have to believe behind the scenes he’s really helping Allen out. So you would be looking at Barkley being cut, which isn’t going to happen after that extension. If they could stash him on the PS I would be all for it. But no way a 4-5 round QB isn’t getting poached. UDFA on the other hand, not a bad idea to have one of those QB’s floating around the PS. 

I think its great that they have a guy like Anderson around that Josh is comfortable with and can learn from. Having said that- why does Derek Anderson have to be our 3rd strong QB? Give him some sort of QB whisperer consulting role, if that is what he is good at, and take him off of the salary cap books. Get an actual developmental guy in here that could od the job if Allen goes down, or maybe even trade for a higher pick if the guy is eventually able to turn somebody's head.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Thunderstruck said:

I think its great that they have a guy like Anderson around that Josh is comfortable with and can learn from. Having said that- why does Derek Anderson have to be our 3rd strong QB? Give him some sort of QB whisperer consulting role, if that is what he is good at, and take him off of the salary cap books. Get an actual developmental guy in here that could od the job if Allen goes down, or maybe even trade for a higher pick if the guy is eventually able to turn somebody's head.

I believe if they make Anderson an official coach he is only allowed limited contact with Allen during the off season. He would have to be an independent contractor ala Jordan Palmer, and that is kind of going down a slippery slope considering he was just on the roster. 

1 hour ago, Thunderstruck said:

ycm8ibEE_normal.jpg

Kyler Murray’s Pro Day at Oklahoma today. But also Pro Day for Buffalo QB Tyree Jackson, who will hold his at the Buffalo Bills facility, which is fitting. Jackson’s arm is as strong, if not stronger, than Bills QB Josh Allen. Many believe he will go higher than expected in draft

Your definition of high praise is rather loose.

ycm8ibEE_normal.jpg

Now that's just crazy talk!  Eight Pound Six Ounce Newborn Baby Jesus, in his golden fleece diapers created the greatest throwing arm in all of history and bestowed it on Josh Allen....never to be replicated or surpassed.

I read it right here...

• Haha (+1) 2

ycm8ibEE_normal.jpg

...Many believe he will go higher than expected in draft

He has being “vague” perfected.  

Does this mean he is going in the 5th round instead of the 6th?  Or does it mean he is going from a day 3 pick to a day 2 pick? 

I’d be shocked if anyone takes a chance on him before well into day 3. 

1 hour ago, Cripple Creek said:

Your definition of high praise is rather loose.

I could say the same about your definition of loose.

He just suggested that Jackson's arm might be stronger than Josh Allen's. That would likely make him the strongest arm in the NFL out of the gate (not that I agree with that assertion). If that isn't high praise, I'm not sure what is. Do I need to explain this any further to you?

Edited by Thunderstruck

2 hours ago, Bills2ref said:

So, it just so happens that in back to back years the two strongest arms in recent NFL history come out? I doubt it. Allen’s arm was touted as one of, if not the, strongest ever. I highly doubt Tyree Jackson is better. 

We'll see today I guess. 

Allen put on a show at his pro day , slinging that ball 70+ with ease and having Eisen and Co in awe , I doubt Jackson has as strong of an arm