Gettleman - idiot or genius?

eball

It's simple, if you want to rebuild, you start with your QB. If the draft didnt have one that was suitable, or you were unable to obtain one via the draft, that is understandable.

However, you have arguably the best QB class in sometime and you pass on three of them for one of the least valued positions in the sport....

5 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Yup

it aint that easy.  to think otherwise ....  SMH 

Couple of my NYG fan friends acted this way last year

"We took Barkley because we can just get a QB next year"

Okay bro.

Acting like it's just something you can pickup at the local Wal-Mart on sale in the bargain bin.

In the last two weeks he's jumped around from wanting to trade for Rosen to talking himself into haskins/Jones to saying they can draft "anybody in the second or later, shurmur can turn him into a pro bowler in no time"... Then I respond with "what happened to Davis Webb or Kyle lauletta??" To which he doesn't really answer ??

Then I usually say something like "you could have had darnold, Allen, or Rosen... Even with a trade back you could have probably had one and an extra pick"

Then he just looks dejected and sad.

Listened to this guy on Sirius XM today. If I was a Giants fan I would be furious. Of course he could be lying, but he has hitched his wagon right to Eli in any interview he has done. He said it’s a “crock” that Eli is overpaid and washed up. Normally I would think he’s just smokescreening. But he talked about taking Saquon last year and actually did it. The precedent seems to be he speaks his mind. Time will tell, but if I’m the owner of the Giants and Gettleman passed on a QB at 6 and 17 I fire him before he even reaches the second round of the draft.