Gettleman - idiot or genius?

eball

8 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

I vote for Idiot....

Why not use original round tender and save money???

Coleman was a 1st rounder.

Dov Kleiman Retweeted Adam Caplan

Original round tender, lowest level, for WR Corey Coleman. He was originally a first. Big difference in salary.

Dov Kleiman added,

Adam CaplanVerified account @caplannfl
Folks: He was a first-round pick so they are tendering him at the same level. https://twitter.com/caplannfl/status/1105933403705303041 
0 replies1 retweet3 likes

Retweet

Direct message
Edited by Albany,n.y.

6 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

I vote for Idiot....

Why not use original round tender and save money???

The comments are hysterical (for once I am grateful it is not us). I love how it does not even mention OBJ

Edited by Reed83HOF

4 hours ago, BarkleyForGOATBackupPT5P said:

yes the QB is the most important one player. I don't see how you're drawing the conclusion that we already know and there's lots of data out there that skill position players don't make a difference. QB's have their best years when they have their best skill position players: Brady w Moss, Brees w Kamara & Michael Thomas, Brady w Edelman & Sony Michel, Foles w Alshon.

I mean we just spent the whole season complaining JA doesn't have the skill position players he needs. Which is it? Quarterbacks like throwing to guys that can get open and make catches. It's football, a team sport. Losing all-pros at any non-QB position still makes you worse.

Are you saying the Steelers are going to be better?

I think they could be, yes.   I don't expect a noticeable drop off.   What good is an all pro who does not show up for practice and meetings for week 17 cause he is butthurt about someone else being voted team MVP?  More talent is better, I agree but there is also something to be said for guys who are selfish losers that can bring the team down because they are not committed.   

I absolutely think the Steelers will win 9 or more games next year, matching last years output.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Albany,n.y. said:

Coleman was a 1st rounder.

Yep he was, they could STILL tender him at 1st round tender level meaning gave him 4.407M qualifying offer.

Now that said they did give him the original round tender according to SPOTRAC

Edited by MAJBobby

4 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Yep he was, they could STILL tender him at 1st round tender level meaning gave him 4.407M qualifying offer.

Now that said they did give him the original round tender according to SPOTRAC

It’s the same for him because his original round was 1st round 

5 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Yep he was, they could STILL tender him at 1st round tender level meaning gave him 4.407M qualifying offer

Nope, $2.025 million:  https://www.newsday.com/sports/football/giants/corey-coleman-rfa-tender-1.28188464

Corey Coleman spent time with four different teams in 2018, but he may have found a steady home for this year. The Giants used an original-round tender on the wide receiver as a restricted free agent, a source confirmed. That lines him up for a non-guaranteed salary of $2.025 million in the 2019 season.

It’s a pretty good value for the Giants, considering Coleman’s pedigree. He’s still free to negotiate with other teams as an RFA, but the Giants will have the option to match any contract offer he receives. That move is highly unlikely, given that they would receive a pick from the original round in which Coleman was selected if he signs elsewhere. In this case, that would be a first-rounder because Coleman initially was selected there by the Browns. This virtually ensures that no other team will try to sign him away and that he will be with the Giants.

The price tag for a first-round tender is $4.407 million, so the Giants essentially get the same protection on Coleman for half the cost.

He's trying to build what Beane has built in Buffalo. All bussiness , everybody is 1/11 and instill that culture . OBJ has been a locker room problem for the Giants . I feel his hands were tied but I don't understand the extension if  they were planning this. 

This seems somewhat reminiscent of what happened here in Buffalo in the recent past. Clear the big contract, non process guys off the roster, collect picks, clean up cap space, and rebuild fresh

Look at the players that we got rid of and the past few years... Watkins, Dareus, Darby, etc.  It screwed up our cap for a year or two, but look at us now

They couldn't afford Collins, they got an extra 1st and 3rd plus a safety on his rookie deal with the obj deal

11 hours ago, eball said:

I'm leaning towards idiot, but I guess his new "plan" is to tank this season and go after the QB next year.  But wow.  Think where the Giants might be if they had drafted a QB last year as many felt was the prudent move?  And how do you think Eli feels at this point?  "Thanks for the two Super Bowl wins, man -- now get out there and get your ass kicked while we tank for Tua!"

Giants in full rebuild mode now.

On the plus side, the Bills play the Miami Tankers twice and the Giant Tankers once this year!

I think he is a clueless moron!  What that GM is doing really makes no sense to me.

They keep Manning....dunno why... and who is he going to throw to that can bail them out as ODB can?

7 hours ago, Shaw66 said:

I see problems in Cleveland. OBJ might very well start a war with Mayfield. 

Based on what? Seems to be Mayfield is exactly the type of QB Beckham would love to play with, attitude-wise. I also don’t think Beckham is going to complain about lack of targets since they’ll most likely be going to his long-time best friend. But if you have additional info, please share.

They tried to retool the roster instead of rebuild it and it backfired spectacularly.  They also hired a previously failure of an NFL head coach.  They could've gotten at least this much compensation (maybe close to what the Raiders got for Mack) before extending OBJ last year as he's a generational talent who was only 25 at the time.  They wouldn't be eating 16 million in dead cap space right now.  Drafting a running back that high in the draft when you need a young quarterback was also a mistake even though Barkley is a beast.  They also could've gotten at least something for Landon Collins by franchise tagging him.  Add to that the Nate Solder signing that hasn't worked out thus far.  I'm leaning towards he's not a good GM.

3 minutes ago, Nihilarian said:

I think he is a clueless moron!  What that GM is doing really makes no sense to me.

They keep Manning....dunno why... and who is he going to throw to that can bail them out as ODB can?

The Manning stance, IMO, is being dictated by ownership. Mara seems to love being grouped in with the Rooneys as old guard, “classy” owners who respect tradition, act as stewards of the game, etc., blah blah blah. At least that is how media usually groups and describes them. Mara may view that bailing on the long-time franchise QB who hails from one of the league’s royal families and delivered 2 championships as uncouth.

of course that attitude is backward AF in today’s NFL and has done them much more harm than good. Bellicheck figured this out a long time ago. He has zero loyalty to players and gives exactly zero **** about how that’s perceived.