TE Tyler Kroft

WR John Brown

CB Kevin Johnson

C Mitch Morse

RB Frank Gore

C/G Spencer Long

WR Duke Williams

-

So how did you grade them, or are you seeking info cuz you are not sure.  I will tell you next off season.  So far the FO gets an A for effort and filling needs through FA.

Edited by formerlyofCtown
  • Like (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, HOUSE said:

A B C D F

WR Cole Beasley A

G Jon Feliciano   D

OT Ty Nsekhe      C

TE Tyler Kroft.     C

WR John Brown. B

CB Kevin Johnson  D

C Mitch Morse.   A

RB Frank Gore.    B

C/G Spencer Long  C

Its kind of tough as we really don’t know a lot about most of these guys and where they’re at physically. A 34 yo who’s never started? Former 1st rounder who’s been disappointing when he isn’t on IR. Seemingly solid TE who’s recovering from injury. Morse, Gore, Beasley & Brown have good history and are improvements over our previous position players.

Overall, with the obvious exception of Morse, I’m not sure we’ve fixed our OL..

• Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, HOUSE said:
Image result for Teacher a christmas story Gif

A B C D F

WR Cole Beasley A

G Jon Feliciano C

OT Ty Nsekhe B

TE Tyler Kroft B

WR John Brown B

CB Kevin Johnson C

C Mitch Morse A

RB Frank Gore C

C/G Spencer Long C

WR Duke Williams B

-

The only signing I'm not exactly crazy about is Beasley . I thought we should of targeted a slot in the draft.  It's the best yr for slots probably the best ever.  Hopefully we still draft one of them. 

1 hour ago, BillsFan1988 said:

The only signing I'm not exactly crazy about is Beasley . I thought we should of targeted a slot in the draft.  It's the best yr for slots probably the best ever.  Hopefully we still draft one of them. 

I love that signing.....The fans are really pissed in Dallas

https://dfw.cbslocal.com/video/4045497-cole-beasley-is-bound-for-buffalo/

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

A lot of these guys have spent a lot of time in the trainers tent. It will all depend on how they hold up. That being said the only signing that has me scratching my head is Kroft. I feel we could've done better even if he is a place holder for whoever we draft, hopefully Hockenson. 

Morse A

Beasley B

Brown B+

Johnson C+

Gore B-

Feliciano and Nsekhe TBD

• Thank you (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

Its kind of tough as we really don’t know a lot about most of these guys and where they’re at physically. A 34 yo who’s never started? Former 1st rounder who’s been disappointing when he isn’t on IR. Seemingly solid TE who’s recovering from injury. Morse, Gore, Beasley & Brown have good history and are improvements over our previous position players.

Overall, with the obvious exception of Morse, I’m not sure we’ve fixed our OL..

While the Bills didn't get a Richie Incognito pro bowler for the line. What they did was improve what they had on the roster and that center is a big part of it.  Feliciano, Nsekhe and Spencer Long are all better then what the Bills fielded last year.

Mitch Morse, 6'6'' 305 in his four years with the Chiefs with 49 starts has had 11 penalties with 7 holds, 4 false starts, 11 penalties total. While not a pro bowler he is a solid starter at center. A+ grade IMHO

Feliciano, 6'4'' 325 in his four years with the Raiders has played in 48 games with only 8 starts, 3 holds, 3 false starts, 7 penalties total.

Spencer Long, 6'5'' 318 in his 5 years in the NFL 53 games, 44 starts 2 holds, 1 false start and 2 that were declined, 5 penalties total. RG

Ty Nsekhe, 6'8'' 330 in his 5 years in the NFL 56 games, 16 starts 3 holds, 6 false starts, 2 declined, 11 penalties total. 

Plus, the Bills still have the rest of free agency and the draft to further upgrade the line if they want. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, JoPar_v2 said:

Duke gets an I-incomplete from me until I hear some things about how he’s doing on an NFL with NFL teammates. Agree with House’s other grades.

Duke is a rare physical talent, I know you will like him. We shall see

11 minutes ago, Nihilarian said:

While the Bills didn't get a Richie Incognito pro bowler for the line. What they did was improve what they had on the roster and that center is a big part of it.  Feliciano, Nsekhe and Spencer Long are all better then what the Bills fielded last year.

Mitch Morse, 6'6'' 305 in his four years with the Chiefs with 49 starts has had 11 penalties with 7 holds, 4 false starts, 11 penalties total. While not a pro bowler he is a solid starter at center. A+ grade IMHO

Feliciano, 6'4'' 325 in his four years with the Raiders has played in 48 games with only 8 starts, 3 holds, 3 false starts, 7 penalties total.

Spencer Long, 6'5'' 318 in his 5 years in the NFL 53 games, 44 starts 2 holds, 1 false start and 2 that were declined, 5 penalties total. RG

Ty Nsekhe, 6'8'' 330 in his 5 years in the NFL 56 games, 16 starts 3 holds, 6 false starts, 2 declined, 11 penalties total. 

Plus, the Bills still have the rest of free agency and the draft to further upgrade the line if they want. 

Wow, those are some big boys... ?

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, Nihilarian said:

I'll be interested to see, once these contracts are official, how the team looks with the salary cap.

• Like (+1) 1

The thing I really like about these deals is the way most are structured.  After a year or two we can get out of most of these deals relatively painlessly.  Beane gets a B plus so far and can be upgraded if he lands Ansah.

• Like (+1) 3

16 minutes ago, badassgixxer05 said:

Wow, those are some big boys... ?

I think the Bills have picked up linemen who are young veterans with higher ceilings than they have been able to show. Several of them were blocked by better players at their positions or by being a bit of a scheme mis-fit for their offensive strategy.    You are right, they are all big boys.  This immediately suggests, at least to me, that the are looking at a power running game and a smash mouth type offensive line.  They also have a big, young QB with a great arm.  Sounds like they can pound the ball (with older, smart running backs who might not break away but can follow a big ugly for 6 yards every time) and then have Allen throw a play action long pass to the WR or TE.  (Notice they have gottn several straight line speed guys)

With that in mind, I have to think that G Jon Feliciano  might fit in quite well and would give him a B grade.

• Like (+1) 1

CBS Sports thinks the Bills did a good job so far,  

Buffalo Bills

Quietly, Buffalo is putting together a very nice offseason. It's impossible to just go out and make massive splashes when you're in a position like the Bills. Instead, they've done a very good job assembling some cheaper talent to put around Josh Allen.

Notably, they scored deals with Cole Beasley -- an excellent slot weapon to help ease the burden on Allen in terms of short-yardage throws -- and John Brown, who can take the top off any defense and pairs well with Allen's monster arm. Mitch Morse is expensive, but he's a young (26 years old) center to grow with Allen and help protect the young quarterback up front. Tyler Kroft was also an overpriced tight end weapon, but he's young, he flashed for the Bengals and, again, it can't be overstated how important it is for Allen to have some decent weapons.

The Bills also added Kevin Johnson as a young, upside-filled cornerback, picked up Jon Feliciano and Ty Nsekhe as potential starters/depth on the offensive line and even managed to add Frank Gore. Yes, the running back group is 95 years old combined, but there's some reliable skill guys there. 

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/2019-nfl-free-agency-day-2-john-dorsey-browns-win-big-while-giants-are-biggest-losers/

1 minute ago, Doc Brown said:

The thing I really like about these deals is the way most are structured.  After a year or two we can get out of most of these deals relatively painlessly.  Beane gets a B plus so far and can be upgraded if he lands Ansah.

Yes, I'm more inclined to grade Beane's performance rather than the individuals signed.

WR: A-

2 players that open up the field for the passing game, Brown's speed and Beasley's' ability to separate and solid hands. If Duke makes it, he could provide the size. A good group for Daboll to work with now.

OL: B/B+

It's safe to say the additions of Morse, Ty, Long, and feliciano outweigh the losses of Groy, Miller, Mills, and (most likely) Bodine. The line is improved with the addition of Morse alone (B grade), and the higher grade will depend on how much better the others are.

TE: B

Solid pick of an all around player at position of need. While he had everyone focused on James, Kroft may have been the target all along.

Other: B+

Adding competition at CB with a former R1 pick was a solid move. I'm in the camp that believes signing Gore sent a message that Buffalo is a place to be.

Overall grade: A-

Filling needs so they can go bpa in the draft, judicious use of the cap space, and contracts that provide ample room to sign their own in the near future is damn good work.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, formerlyofCtown said:

So how did you grade them, or are you seeking info cuz you are not sure.  I will tell you next off season.  So far the FO gets an A for effort and filling needs through FA.

He used his years of NFL scouting and pro personnel experience... aka probably looked at Madden rankings 

I'm honestly kind of surprised no one has complain about the lack of defensive fa signings. 

I like all the signings so far. Solid B average on paper. Other than Morse and Beasley, I'm sure they are hoping some of the other guys can end up being starters instead of spot players. I find it hard to believe that any of the Oline guys we signed are worse than vlad and Miller. 

Edited by The Wiz
  • Like (+1) 1