What is your favorite soup ?

mead107

15 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

King Crab way to go over snow crab..way easier. And for a guy with your money, extra expense no worries.

I do make a great shrimp and corn chowder...made for the Monday Nighter last year

I’m not royalty, like you! Out of my league! I went with “the cheap stuff” because I have not achieved your lofty status in life! 

Corn is an underrated food. Not just a nice corn on the cob in the summer, but in chowders like you say. Also, there’s a great black bean and corn salad I make that’s always well received. Adding corn makes a lot of things better. And the frozen stuff is not bad at all and very handy. 

• Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

King Crab way to go over snow crab..way easier. And for a guy with your money, extra expense no worries.

4 minutes ago, Augie said:

I’m not royalty, like you! Out of my league! I went with “the cheap stuff” because I have not achieved your lofty status in life! 

Growing up in the '60s mom would buy King Crab for a cheap weekday dinner at  39 cents a pound in some town named Florham Park.

20 minutes ago, Uncle Joe said:

Growing up in the '60s mom would buy King Crab for a cheap weekday dinner at  39 cents a pound in some town named Florham Park.

when I was right of college, I would drive from the District go crabbing in the morning in the South River in Annapolis and bring crabs to summer parties..they were free except for the chicken necks used as bait! Back then could get half a bushel in about 90 minutes...and everyone was happy

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Chef Jim said:

No but then again I'm not an Italian wannabe from NY/NJ.   Not can you pronounce Pasta e Fagioli?

Who the ***** cares... I find it more than decent. I am 100% Polish-Pollock lineage from Cheektowaga... ?? I guess I am a wannabe NY/NJ Italian-Daygo.. I didn't know I had to "real."

Sorry "Mr.Authentico."  I bet you are full of mortadella not baloney. /smh...

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

I like New England Clam Chowder.

My favorite soup joke:

Elaine: Yeah. I met this lawyer, we went out to dinner, I had the lobster bisque, we went back to my place, yada yada yada, I never heard from him again.

Jerry: But you yada yada'd over the best part.

Elaine: No, I mentioned the bisque.

6 minutes ago, boater said:

I like New England Clam Chowder.

My favorite soup joke:

Elaine: Yeah. I met this lawyer, we went out to dinner, I had the lobster bisque, we went back to my place, yada yada yada, I never heard from him again.

Jerry: But you yada yada'd over the best part.

Elaine: No, I mentioned the bisque.

Did You ever have "BFLo Clam Chowder." No freaking joke.  Just mix New England w/Manhattan!

LoL... I think "The Hatch" @ Erie Basin Marina would serve it.  Back in day... My older & youger sister's would work @ The Aud Club during the winter... My younger sister would work at The Hatch in Summer... I remember Her bringing some left over home... LoL...

I guess they came a long way since My Sister's "The Hatch/Aud Club" professional culinary days scooping ice cream in summer and serving well-healed hockey fans in winter.  Add Franks® & some chicken...

https://www.closetcooking.com/buffalo-chicken-chowder/

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Who the ***** cares... I find it more than decent. I am 100% Polish-Pollock lineage from Cheektowaga... ?? I guess I am a wannabe NY/NJ Italian-Daygo.. I didn't know I had to "real."

Sorry you think I'm Mr Authentico and I don't care if you're real but people sound like a ***** idiot when the say Pasta Fazool.    Do you wear gold chains too?  And no I'm not full of mortadella.   And it's Bologna not boloney because it originated from the city of Bologna.  And geez even little kids know that. 

12 minutes ago, Seasons1992 said:

I can vouch for this lineage...........(saw Lance on Saturday, E-I-I; condolences also).

Thanks.  I just missed You!  Sorry... Jeff called and I was still in Indiana...  My son was finishing up a coding project in Iowa City and We wanted Him to ditch/change his pony here in the garage and drive in with Us... Such a waste taking two vehicles East.

But We will meet some day... Maybe @ the Wine Bar or Lance's... 

It was a quick turnaround.  Got in @ 6:30pm Tuesday and Son jumped in his car for the final 3.5 hour Western Leg to Iowa City.

About a 15 minute layover.  Mix the orange and regular sponge candy (for His Girlfriend) and pack up the Weber's & Bison dip... Jockey vehicles and head out.  He was in The IC around 11pm Central.

HEY NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  

How can you tell an Italian invented the helicopter???  

Daygo whop  whop  whop  whop  whop  whop 

(WithOutPapers) gets filtered 

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

22 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

Sorry you think I'm Mr Authentico and I don't care if you're real but people sound like a ***** idiot when the say Pasta Fazool.    Do you wear gold chains too?  And no I'm not full of mortadella.   And it's Bologna not boloney because it originated from the city of Bologna.  And geez even little kids know that. 

Really?  NO! Can't be. That's the joke dude.  Lighten up.  I purposely spelled it that way to expose your douchebaggery.

Sorry... My first job was the Dubel's Polish Deli slicing Wardynski and Frey's Bologna, Krakus ham for old Polish Ladies that pile off the Senior Bus on Sunday's after Church

LoL... I am too low-brow.  Way over your head the joke.

1 minute ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Daygo ***** ***** ***** ***** ***** ***** ***** ***** ***** 

What's the sound when sh... Hits the wall?

W op, W op, W OP!

1 minute ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Yep.  I just edited.  *** gets lost in translation like @Chef Jim 's baloney.

Did you mother force you to try Czarnina?

Mine did..I sort of liked it.

My fav Manhattan Clam chowder...close second Italian Wedding also add Split Pea with ham hock and Chicken Kluski Noodle (no carrots,hate 'em..especially raw).

P.S.-The Aud Club had a strange odor to it...poor ventilation in that dark dungeon.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Misterbluesky said:

Did you mother force you to try Czarnina?

Mine did..I sort of liked it.

My fav Manhattan Clam chowder...close second Italian Wedding also add Split Pea with ham hock and Chicken Kluski Noodle (no carrots,hate 'em..especially raw).

P.S.-The Aud Club had a strange odor to it...poor ventilation in that dark dungeon.

Yep!

We served it @ Dubel's in deli... You probably remember that, but of course would be crazy to ask for it! LoL...

Grossest thing was getting the big pot out of cooler.  There was an inch of fat on top and it would be like breaking ice when heating it up... To get to the duck's blood liquid below.

Yet... Some of those Old Timers would gobble it up.

Souse and head cheese... Now gross too!  My parents would cube it up and dip in vinegar!  Wow....That's shocking for a first world spoiled kid in 1970s... Even if Grandma had been right off the boat.

Oh... My Grandmother made a "white" borscht... With Easter ham bone.  Cold potato noodles, small dumplings added to hot soup.  Add vinegar and salt to taste.

My Sisters have recipe.  We just called it:

"White Soup."

Now... That was a treat!  Cold noodles to the hot soup.  I can still remember my Grandmother's old tank of a stove.  Had a well on stove top to heat the soup pot.

• Like (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Really?  NO! Can't be. That's the joke dude.  Lighten up.  I purposely spelled it that way to expose your douchebaggery.

Sorry... My first job was the Dubel's Polish Deli slicing Wardynski and Frey's Bologna, Krakus ham for old Polish Ladies that pile off the Senior Bus on Sunday's after Church

LoL... I am too low-brow.  Way over your head the joke.

So me correcting you on how to spell something that you spelled incorrectly on purpose to "expose" me makes me a douchebag?  Ummmm I think you have that backwards.  And then you tell me to lighten up and then in the next sentence call me a douchebag.  That is ***** awesome!  Troll much?

Absolutely NO beats in that " White Soup"... If there had been, I probably would have hated it!  Carrots not a prob.  Celery, etc...

It was good cold too.  But the cold potato noodles (almost like little balls)... Would cool it down rapidly.

1 minute ago, Chef Jim said:

So me correcting you on how to spell something that you spelled incorrectly on purpose to "expose" me makes me a douchebag?  Ummmm I think you have that backwards.  And then you tell me to lighten up and then in the next sentence call me a douchebag.  That is ***** awesome!  Troll much?

WTF... Yes, McFly.

What's wrong with "NJ Italian."  I just had Dinner @ Italian Village in Depew with family on Sunday... It was WONDERFUL!  Sorry... It doesn't meet Your standard... But works for this low-brow Pollock.

So what... They call it fazool or baloney.  We all know the difference.  Get over yourself.

• Like (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Daygo whop  whop  whop  whop  whop  whop 

What are the 3 shortest books ever written?

1- Italian War Heroes

2- Polish Wit And Wisdom

3- 

Nah, I’m not gonna go there.

• Haha (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Yep!

We served it @ Dubel's in deli... You probably remember that, but of course would be crazy to ask for it! LoL...

Grossest thing was getting the big pot out of cooler.  There was an inch of fat on top and it would be like breaking ice when heating it up... To get to the duck's blood liquid below.

Yet... Some of those Old Timers would gobble it up.

Souse and head cheese... Now gross too!  My parents would cube it up and dip in vinegar!  Wow....That's shocking for a first world spoiled kid in 1970s... Even if Grandma had been right off the boat.

Oh... My Grandmother made a "white" borscht... With Easter ham bone.  Cold potato noodles, small dumplings added to hot soup.  Add vinegar and salt to taste.

My Sisters have recipe.  We just called it:

"White Soup."

Now... That was a treat!  Cold noodles to the hot soup.  I can still remember my Grandmother's old tank of a stove.  Had a well on stove top to heat the soup pot.

My grandma would make pickled pigs feet soup for my Jaja...the smell was horrible.I had polish dumpling soup many times..I like it ...

Head Cheese ...had it once..NEVER again.

1 minute ago, Misterbluesky said:

My grandma would make pickled pigs feet soup for my Dzia Dzia...the smell was horrible.I had polish dumpling soup many times..I like it ...

Head Cheese ...had it once..NEVER again.

Hope I don't come off as a @Chef Jimuptight Polish type snob (is that even possible).  But I made the spelling correction. 

LoL... Just phu... ing around now. I know you don't mind! ??