What is your favorite soup ?

mead107

4 hours ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

My husband makes some terrific soups - some of my favorites that he makes are his chicken wing soup and stuffed banana pepper soup.

Out at a restaurant? French onion or she-crab soups. 

BTW, I've noticed men like soup a lot more than women... true? 

My wife will often get cioppino (which I guess counts) when we go out. There’s also a gazpacho she asks me to make, as well as a nice vegetable soup (thank you Alton Brown). BUT, I’d say I’m more into soup than she is. 

Does Pho count? For those that don't know, it's a Vietnamese soup/noodle dish and it's incredible!! I have it at least once a month, and it's the best if you are sick.

Broccoli cheddar is pretty good too.

Not sure about commercial ones but my favorite soup is made by my wife.  

Chicken corn soup using Cornish game hen, cream corn, scallions, sweet onion, white pepper and ginger. 

My wife probably adds ingredients I do not know.

We have had with visitors and they frequently ask for recipe.

My wife claims she cannot cook.

As far as restaurant soups go I like most of what Panera Bread offers and in particular the Chicken Noodle and the Tomato.  At home there is very little that I do not like.  Split pea with ham, tomato, homemade vegetable beef.  People mentioned chowders and I have a recipe for corn-kidney bean chowder with ground beef.  So much better when sweet corn from the garden or stand is in season.

14 hours ago, mead107 said:

I love the Chinese classic Cream of Sum Yung Gai

Duuuuuuude!!!

My favorite are the ones served in a bowl with a spoon.  In other words they are all good.  If I had to pick one it would be NE clam chowder but one that I make.   The ones I usually have are lacking in the salt department.  I don't like them overly salty but a clam chowder should have enough salt to taste like the ocean the clams came from. 

We used to say that my grandmother could make soup from a boot and it would be great. I cant think of one that she made that wasnt good. Used to have soup before every meal. Chicken Noodle, Borscht. My favorite was in the summer she would make a soup from cherries and other fruit. You could eat it cold.

Otherwise I like Wonton soup, cream of mushroom or anything thick that you can dunk buttered bread into. There was a local place that I was able to get Lobster Bisque at one time during lunch that was really good.

Edited by apuszczalowski

37 minutes ago, BUFFALOKIE said:

Progresso, or Chunkey.

You’re an effing ‘Chunkey’...?

5 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

...anything thick that you can dunk buttered bread into. There was a local place that I was able to get Lobster Bisque at one time during lunch that was really good.

Bread 3$ extra?...