What is your favorite soup ?

mead107

2 minutes ago, Augie said:

It’s all about the cheese....and of course.... the salt. 

How could you grow up in These United States of America and NEVER have had French Onion soup? You don’t have to go to France....that’s just what they call it! 

I just got done reading how to make it.......I'll need to try that ASAP. It's basically a wet beefy oniony grilled cheese.

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Seasons1992 said:

I would respectfully NOT call chili a soup; you are right, it's under the "Soup" on menus, however. 

Also, explain the draw of French Onion soup; I've never had it.

For starters it's a hearty dish. I like salt and if it's done properly there's some good flavor to it. Then there are croutons or some type of crusty bread in the soup which take on the flavor and give it some texture. Finally its topped with cheese. The type can vary, but I prefer gruyere. The cheese is then  baked or broiled so that it gets a bit of a char. It all mixes into a delicious concoction. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, PastaJoe said:

New England clam chowder. It has to be thick. The best canned I’ve had is Campbell’s Chunky.

NE* Clam Chowder by far.  We should have a separate thread for best places.

Every time I have it somewhere new my wife asks me for my rating.

My husband makes some terrific soups - some of my favorites that he makes are his chicken wing soup and stuffed banana pepper soup.

Out at a restaurant? French onion or she-crab soups. 

BTW, I've noticed men like soup a lot more than women... true? 

Edited by Buffalo_Gal
  • Like (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

lol   is there more than one ingredient?  

If I go out to eat,  Chili is usually a side "dish".

But at home  - Chili to me is a meal because I usually have a very large bowl.   

For the record, I don't consider chili soup either. I would call it more of a stew. If it's the consistency of soup it's probably pretty ***** chili anyway.

• Like (+1) 3