What is your favorite soup ?

mead107

1. French Onion - Every new restaurant I go to,  I try the French Onion if it's an option. 

2. Tomato Bisque 

3. Ham and Bean

Not sure is chili is considered a soup, but it's always under the soup section in menus. If so that's tied with French Onion

Truly a difficult question!  Although I always fall back on a favourite pizza with specific toppings, and a specific burger from ‘The Works’, there are just too damn many good soups out there to name a specific.  Probably can narrow it down to a vegetarian base, with a lentil or bean component.  Keep your foo foo squashes away from my soup!

I've been making a bobby dazzler of a tomato soup the last few months.

Chopped tomatoes

Sun dried tomatoes

Celery

Chillies

Red Onion

Garlic

Paprika

Vegetable Stock

Stick it all in the slow cooker for 8 hours. Whizz in a food processor to smooth. Ensures there's enough for  4 lunches at work during the week.

Edited by BritBill

2 hours ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

Not sure is chili is considered a soup, but it's always under the soup section in menus. If so that's tied with French Onion

I would respectfully NOT call chili a soup; you are right, it's under the "Soup" on menus, however. 

Also, explain the draw of French Onion soup; I've never had it.

1 minute ago, Seasons1992 said:

I would respectfully NOT call chili a soup; you are right, it's under the "Soup" on menus, however. 

Also, explain the draw of French Onion soup; I've never had it.

It’s all about the cheese....and of course.... the salt. 

How could you grow up in These United States of America and NEVER have had French Onion soup? You don’t have to go to France....that’s just what they call it! 

Also, I left off Black Bean soup earlier. There’s a Mexican place I go to almost weekly for their black bean soup.